** OI Meetup December 2021

After years of Disney planning, I was determined to not over plan this. While we had fun, we missed out on so much because I didn't plan to make to to certain places. Also I was with a firend who brought another friend who was a ridiculously over the top Harry Potter person, (like wanted to run kids over and was mad she didn't get chosen at ollivanders) and she insisted on heading right to HP world the second we got in even though I said it would be super crowded and we should wait, so we wasted a lot of time there that we could have spent doing other things. I def will do it again tho. Most of the things that kept me from having as much fun as I'd hoped were entirely my own doing. Like doing 2 days open to close at Disney and the Disney party in the 3 days before hand so we were already exhausted by Friday night. Next time it will be just universal and we'll only do the meet up. Lessons learned. But My SIL and I got to take a fun girls trip with no kids or husbands so it was very hard to NOT do all the things we can't normally due with kids.
That sucks but on the bright side it gives you an excuse to go back...

Love reading the reviews. We are going to do our first OI meetup on June 3rd. We just went to Universal during Thanksgiving week and had fun but there is a lot of stuff we never got to see or do so this worked out perfectly. We are heading out on a cruise on June 4th so we will be in Orlando anyways. Figure we will go to MK or AK for a day before this.

Can't wait for this weekend. Headed for the airport at 4:00 pm for the second weekend. Packing was easier since I just did laundry and threw it back into suitcases. Weeded out the stuff we didn't use the first weekend. We had a great time the last weekend. Ate way more than we usually do. The brisket sandwhich at Monster's Cafe was really good. The brookie at Blondie's was delish. Might fill my backpack up with those. I really enjoyed the Chocolate Chili icecream at Florean Fortescue's. Taste like chocolate softserve and then there was the kick of chili on the back of your throat. We rode everything we wanted and the only wait was Hagrid's 15 minutes but most of that was walking through the queue. My daughter rode Rip Ride Rocket three times in a row without having to get off. We met the Grinch, HashTag Panda, Santa Shrek and Christmas Puss and Boots. We also got to take a picture with ET in the closet at the ET Store. The Tribute Store Hogwarts room is beautiful. Bought my tickets for the June Meetup.

I'm hoping the do the same dates next year since it would coincide with our Disney trip. For those who went this year, did they have Grinchmas running during the meetup?

We were there too! My daughter thought it was neat that we got to hear about the technology while they rebooted.

we were at that show too. It felt like it started waaay later than 5:30.
And the pause wasn’t a planned part of the show? I really thought it was!

I'm hoping the do the same dates next year since it would coincide with our Disney trip. For those who went this year, did they have Grinchmas running during the meetup?
Technically, yes. We were there Friday, and went to the 5:45 showing. It was at capacity, though, and I doubt many attendees with just meetup tickets made it in. Saturday may have had a later showing since the parks closed later. But no, there weren't any meetup-specific showings after the day guests left if that's what you're asking.

we were at that show too. It felt like it started waaay later than 5:30.
And the pause wasn’t a planned part of the show? I really thought it was!
No, I have seen the show before. It was an unplanned technical difficulty.

Technically, yes. We were there Friday, and went to the 5:45 showing. It was at capacity, though, and I doubt many attendees with just meetup tickets made it in. Saturday may have had a later showing since the parks closed later. But no, there weren't any meetup-specific showings after the day guests left if that's what you're asking.

That is what I was asking. I know it's a long way off but just coming up with a basic game plan if things work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter