Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

omg i just reg. for the W&D
someone please help me with POT.......my last half marathon was oct 2015 am I not allowed to use that as POT?
I want to try and get a decent corral, so now if I can't use that I will have to try and PR and reg. for my local half in May
Congrats! :jumping1:

"Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race reflecting results after November 1, 2015" -- so yes... looks like you need a new PoT if you expect to do <2:45. :thumbsup2

Congrats! :jumping1:

"Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race reflecting results after November 1, 2015" -- so yes... looks like you need a new PoT if you expect to do <2:45. :thumbsup2
thank you!!
and ack lol ok thank you, that's what i thought, better start training now, there's a half marathon coming up in May in my town

thank you!!
and ack lol ok thank you, that's what i thought, better start training now, there's a half marathon coming up in May in my town

You don't have to run a half marathon for proof of time. These are the races you can use for a half POT:
  • Half Marathon – 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon
They'll just take whatever race time you turn in and estimate you half finish.

You don't have to run a half marathon for proof of time. These are the races you can use for a half POT:
  • Half Marathon – 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon
They'll just take whatever race time you turn in and estimate you half finish.
wow I did not realize that, thank you!!!

Also, if you use a 10k or 10 miler or something different than a half, put your proof into the Mcmillan calculator https://www.mcmillanrunning.com/ to get your estimated time. RunDisney uses something similar and it's the best way to make sure you are inputting the best estimate for your proof.

That is what helps my husband get the best estimate!

We actually keep a google sheet up to date to make sure we use the best proof: (The links are also the column next to pace to make it super easy)

upload_2017-2-13_8-7-54.png

That is what helps my husband get the best estimate!

We actually keep a google sheet up to date to make sure we use the best proof: (The links are also the column next to pace to make it super easy)

View attachment 219973
thank you so much!
so what corral were you in for the W&D, my pace back in 2015 was 9.01mm but since I have not run a long distance since october of 2015 i tacked on 40 seconds plus the fact that i am getting older, lol....
I am hoping to get in at least c or d at best

thank you so much!
so what corral were you in for the W&D, my pace back in 2015 was 9.01mm but since I have not run a long distance since october of 2015 i tacked on 40 seconds plus the fact that i am getting older, lol....

For Wine & Dine - my husband was in C. He's usually in B or C for Half Marathons depending on the race and A for the 10Ks. We use the Princess 10K as Proof of Time for him.

thank you so much!
Here's the 2016 corral breakdown for the half. Of course each year changes some depending on what people put as you can have faster fields & breakdowns can change some, but if gives you a good idea. http://noguiltlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/img_6903.jpg

For Wine & Dine - my husband was in C. He's usually in B or C for Half Marathons depending on the race and A for the 10Ks. We use the Princess 10K as Proof of Time for him.
;) thank you!!!
I have time to decide if I want to do the 10K or the half for the long island marathon, reg. closes April something, gotta start training now though

Hi everybody. I'm trying to figure out what I want my goal to be for the Challenge. I've run a half marathon in under 2:30 within the last year or so, and I ran the wdw marathon in under 5:00 last month. Based on these times, does anyone have any suggestions for a goal for the W&D Challenge? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi everybody. I'm trying to figure out what I want my goal to be for the Challenge. I've run a marathon in under 2:30 within the last year or so, and I ran the wdw marathon in under 5:00 last month. Based on these times, does anyone have any suggestions for a goal for the W&D Challenge? Thanks!

I assume you meant under 2:30 for a half marathon.

In any case, it depends on how you want to approach it. Are you planning on racing both the 10k and half marathon, or would you like to take one easy and race the other? I don't know how much under 5:00 you went on last month's marathon, but it seems that a 2:15 half marathon is a good goal. However, if you will be racing the 10k as well, then maybe 2:20 for the half marathon.

Last edited:
I assume you meant under 2:30 was for a half marathon.

In any case, it depends on how you want to approach it. Are you planning on racing both the 10k and half marathon, or would you like to take one easy and race the other? I don't know how much under 5:00 you went on last month's marathon, but it seems that a 2:15 half marathon is a good goal. However, if you will be racing the 10k as well, then maybe 2:20 for the half marathon.

It really depends on what you're running and what you're after.

The diversions are plenty and the unknowns are nearly as plentiful (from a time standpoint)

Has anyone seen a course map yet for the 5k? Daughter and I are running it for the first time. TIA.

Has anyone seen a course map yet for the 5k? Daughter and I are running it for the first time. TIA.

Not yet, but I'm anxious and excited to see if it will be Animal Kingdom or Epcot or some other place. My first hope is AK (where it was last few years) because I've never ran inside that park. But with the new theme we are all still waiting to know for sure.

Not yet, but I'm anxious and excited to see if it will be Animal Kingdom or Epcot or some other place. My first hope is AK (where it was last few years) because I've never ran inside that park. But with the new theme we are all still waiting to know for sure.
With the name change who knows I had planned to do the 5k for animal kingdom but the new name makes me feel like it will be Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter