***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Are they accepting fastpasses for TSMM today? Trying to change one of mine but don’t want to waste my time if they aren’t even doing fastpasses at all for that attraction.

Are they accepting fastpasses for TSMM today? Trying to change one of mine but don’t want to waste my time if they aren’t even doing fastpasses at all for that attraction.
It looks like they were but I just checked MDE and none were available.

We got to go to a preview today (Cast Members and their guests) and I actually liked the land a lot more than I thought I was going to. I went in with pretty low expectations, but it didn't look nearly as 'budget cuts' as I thought it was going to. The walkway from the current Pixar Place into Toy Story Land is, as someone else put it, very bland, and I kind of feel like they could have done something (or anything really) more with that space - but once you get into the land itself, there's a lot to look at. It's not a particularly huge space but I think they've done a pretty good job with the themed elements they have. I'll be honest - I forgot I was supposed to be feeling like I was a toy in a back yard, I didn't really get that feeling at all, but I did like how bright and colorful everything was. We were in TSL just over three hours, and at points it was virtually empty - I kept telling my kids that they needed to remember it like this because it would be a while before it looked this way again!

We rode Slinky Dog about seven times (I think, I lost track somewhere) and again, way better than I thought it would be. I'd actually put it on a par with a much shorter version of Big Thunder Mountain (I don't know if it's actually shorter, it just felt shorter) - those hills really have some height to them (pretty good views over the construction going on for Star Wars!) and the launches felt much faster than they looked when we were watching. We literally had the coaster to ourselves on two different rides so we asked to sit at the front, and on that first turn after the first launch (the one high up in the air) you really feel the angle of that curve sitting at the front. I loved seeing Wheezy at the end, that was really cute. My 5-year old absolutely loved it, he would have kept riding over and over if we hadn't dragged him away. I had really though it would be a kiddie coaster but I ended up liking it a lot.

Alien Swirling Saucers - not so much. I mean, it's a cute little ride, kind of like the teacups, and my 2-year old LOVED it (like, laughing hysterically every time we got flung around!) But even my 5-year old had had enough after two rides (we ended up riding about five times I think, just because my 2-year old loved it so much and there was no line for most of the time we were there). One thing I hadn't expected - it is NOT a smooth ride! It's very juddery and bumpy, almost everyone getting off the ride commented on it being uncomfortable. If you have back or neck issues triggered by sudden jerks or bumps, I'd consider sitting this one out, or at least watch it first. This is a ride I can see little kids loving, the parents not so much. I definitely wouldn't wait more than 15 minutes for it.

Which brings me to the queues. I think it's safe to say that lines are going to be looooong for these rides, and the queues are BRUTAL. When we were there it was 90 degrees and very humid, and even with the five minutes wait times we had, it was incredibly uncomfortable. I deal with the heat pretty well, but in some parts of the queue there was just no air and it was stifling. There were a few fans here and there but not nearly enough (although each ride did have a water fountain at some point in the queue) and at the loading/unloading dock for Slinky, the Cast Members looked like they were melting. I really feel for people who get stuck in 2-hour long lines this summer, that's not going to be a fun wait at all.

Woody, Buzz, Jessie and Green Army Men (every one of which we met was actually female, which I thought was cool!) were walking around, although I don't know if that was just for the preview and they'll have a set spot for meet and greets once the land opens. We couldn't take photos so mostly the interaction with them was just high fives and hugs, after a while I thought they seemed a bit bored.

All in all, it exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations. I don't think I'll be going back any time soon now we've gotten to ride the rides, although I might swing by to take some photos. Let me know if you have any questions!

You mentioned the queues, were there any interactive parts to the theme? I love how the 7 dwarfs mine train has games and stuff to check out..... that really makes the lines bearable. And they will be long, you are right about that. We are going down in a couple weeks and have FP+ for SDD, thank goodness!

I tried for a FP+ today at 7:04am. Did not see anything yet. I’ll keep trying!

C3AB230F-AD31-4958-A832-DB827C03DF8F.png

Last edited:
We went to HS on Friday. There never were any FPs. Or at least, we never saw any available via MDE and when we were back in the TSMM ride area, nobody was using the FP entry. But, it appeared all tracks were running and the wait times were very reasonable. Posted wait times between 30 and 40 minutes and actual wait times more like 15-25. We were able to ride 3 times in a little over an hour. It was really nice. This was around 3:00 in the afternoon. If you want to ride this week, I wouldn't worry too much about whether there's FP available. Seems like without a FP line to take priority over standby, the standby line actually moves really well.

This is my first time going on opening day for a new ride. Realistically, what time do you think people will start getting to the park to line up?

We went to TSM yesterday evening during the storm. People were entering through FP.

Posted standby time 50 minutes
Actual wait 11 minutes.

You mentioned the queues, were there any interactive parts to the theme? I love how the 7 dwarfs mine train has games and stuff to check out..... that really makes the lines bearable. And they will be long, you are right about that. We are going down in a couple weeks and have FP+ for SDD, thank goodness!

Not really, no, which surprised me. We walked through most of the queue very quickly because there weren't really any waits, so it's possible I missed something, but I don't think I did. I think they missed an opportunity there, especially with the wait times. Slinky Dog has things to look at - drawings of the ride, etc - but Aliens really didn't have anything.

OK so my friend has convinced me (with promise of mimosas afterwards) to be there opening day. Neither of us want to do the rides at all, we're literally going to take photos, maybe try the QS place, and look at the merchandise. Do you think arriving at 6am is too late and we risk not getting in? We only really want to stay an hour or two once we get in (if we get in!)

Also, is the merchandise all going to be in the old Sweet Spells store? When we did the preview I didn't see anywhere within TSL to sell merchandise, so I'm wondering if we will have to leave the land itself to see the merchandise.

OK so my friend has convinced me (with promise of mimosas afterwards) to be there opening day. Neither of us want to do the rides at all, we're literally going to take photos, maybe try the QS place, and look at the merchandise. Do you think arriving at 6am is too late and we risk not getting in? We only really want to stay an hour or two once we get in (if we get in!)

Also, is the merchandise all going to be in the old Sweet Spells store? When we did the preview I didn't see anywhere within TSL to sell merchandise, so I'm wondering if we will have to leave the land itself to see the merchandise.

I think I've seen others comment on being there by 6am. That is what time we plan on getting there as well. I think you may be right about the merchandise but I'm not positive about that.

I think I've seen others comment on being there by 6am. That is what time we plan on getting there as well. I think you may be right about the merchandise but I'm not positive about that.

I am curious to know once the opening is at 7am, how the lines are, what time people line up so I know about when we need to get there...you know like everyone else. I didn't get a FP for SDD so that is our plan to go there and if we have to wait an hour then we have to wait an hour, at least it won't be mid day in the sun waiting. Then we can go to our first FP TSMM for 8 (or whenever we get out of that line/ride).

I'm sure this was already asked, but I don't have it in me to read through 118 pages- our FP day is approaching, but should I assume that FP for the new rides won't be available until after the official opening of TSL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter