***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

OK so my friend has convinced me (with promise of mimosas afterwards) to be there opening day. Neither of us want to do the rides at all, we're literally going to take photos, maybe try the QS place, and look at the merchandise. Do you think arriving at 6am is too late and we risk not getting in? We only really want to stay an hour or two once we get in (if we get in!)

Also, is the merchandise all going to be in the old Sweet Spells store? When we did the preview I didn't see anywhere within TSL to sell merchandise, so I'm wondering if we will have to leave the land itself to see the merchandise.

there will be stands selling merch in the land but not a store.

After talking to a few folks that have been to it already, the general feel I got was it's got cute theming (great if you like Toy Story a lot), not a lot of walking area, fun rides, Slinky works pretty well and I'm sure a lot of folks will want to ride it multiple times. Saucers is good too, but not worth a long wait.

The biggest down sides? The area is small, as in actual walking area and things to do. There is no shade at all (even less than Dinorama at Animal Kingdom). There are fans in the queues, but it's mostly all outdoors. No indoor seating area or air conditioned stores to duck into. Toy Story Midway Mania (which they've renamed to just Tory Story Mania) is the only A/C in the land. If your trip isn't until the cooler months, count that as a blessing.

Overall a nice fun addition, and what's thrre is good, but there is a strong feeling that it could have and should have been more.

After talking to a few folks that have been to it already, the general feel I got was it's got cute theming (great if you like Toy Story a lot), not a lot of walking area, fun rides, Slinky works pretty well and I'm sure a lot of folks will want to ride it multiple times. Saucers is good too, but not worth a long wait.

The biggest down sides? The area is small, as in actual walking area and things to do. There is no shade at all (even less than Dinorama at Animal Kingdom). There are fans in the queues, but it's mostly all outdoors. No indoor seating area or air conditioned stores to duck into. Toy Story Midway Mania (which they've renamed to just Tory Story Mania) is the only A/C in the land. If your trip isn't until the cooler months, count that as a blessing.

Overall a nice fun addition, and what's thrre is good, but there is a strong feeling that it could have and should have been more.
TSM has been just that for quite a while (like a year or 2 at least). They just never changed the signage outside the old entrance, I would assume because they knew the new land would be opening up and they would need new signs for that entrance anyway. But the website, park map, etc has just been Toy Story Mania for a while, that's not new for the new land.

It'll probably be a while before I'm back at WDW, but I'm so excited to see this land!

That reminds me of what I meant to add to my mini review - as we found out when it started raining when we were there, there are no indoor areas and pretty much no undercover areas either. We ended up sheltering under the overhang for the QS location because it was closed, but ordinarily there really won't be many places to get some shade. Also, the tables set out in front of Woody's Lunchbox as of Saturday have no umbrellas and are literally out in the open with zero shade. Hopefully that's temporary and umbrellas will arrive for opening day but you're absolutely right, there's no indoor areas and nowhere with AC.

I actually think that might be a positive thing for those first few months because I'm guessing people won't linger as long and the land won't stay at capacity for too long before letting more people in. Other than being in lines for rides, there's not really anywhere to hang around and people probably won't want to in the heat.

That reminds me of what I meant to add to my mini review - as we found out when it started raining when we were there, there are no indoor areas and pretty much no undercover areas either. We ended up sheltering under the overhang for the QS location because it was closed, but ordinarily there really won't be many places to get some shade. Also, the tables set out in front of Woody's Lunchbox as of Saturday have no umbrellas and are literally out in the open with zero shade. Hopefully that's temporary and umbrellas will arrive for opening day but you're absolutely right, there's no indoor areas and nowhere with AC.
I've been thinking about how TSL will handle the summer thunderstorms. With no indoor areas other than TSM, it's going to be hard to find shelter from lightning and all but TSM will need to shut down. Mass evac on that one path in and out? Oy.

I've been thinking about how TSL will handle the summer thunderstorms. With no indoor areas other than TSM, it's going to be hard to find shelter from lightning and all but TSM will need to shut down. Mass evac on that one path in and out? Oy.
But they don't evac areas except under very extreme circumstances. Usually it's every man/woman/child for themselves.

But they don't evac areas except under very extreme circumstances. Usually it's every man/woman/child for themselves.
I know - I didn't mean an official evac*, but just what I see on any given stormy afternoon: hundreds of people seeking shelter at the same time. If there isn't any to be found in TSL, I imagine they'll exit the area more or less en masse. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't think of any other "land" that has only one exit and no shelter. It'll be interesting.

*Though I have experienced the call for people to take shelter multiple times, not in any particularity extreme circumstances. Sometimes, it's the sound of hundreds of cell phones sending the public emergency alert to take cover immediately, other times it's been CMs directing people to get indoors quickly, and at least one time it was over loudspeakers in DHS I never knew existed. It does happen.

I know - I didn't mean an official evac*, but just what I see on any given stormy afternoon: hundreds of people seeking shelter at the same time. If there isn't any to be found in TSL, I imagine they'll exit the area more or less en masse. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't think of any other "land" that has only one exit and no shelter. It'll be interesting.

*Though I have experienced the call for people to take shelter multiple times, not in any particularity extreme circumstances. Sometimes, it's the sound of hundreds of cell phones sending the public emergency alert to take cover immediately, other times it's been CMs directing people to get indoors quickly, and at least one time it was over loudspeakers in DHS I never knew existed. It does happen.
One caveat to that may be if weather is that bad, not as many people would be out in it

Interesting. In all our days in the park I've never had a single one with an alert or any direction from staff to get inside out of storms. Even when we were there during Matthew. Though of course, the one day the parks where all closed. There were things moving through the day before. Been there for some pretty bad storms mind you, just never been told I had to get inside and never had a public alert come in on my phone. We get the same exact type of afternoon rains here so they usually never stop us, we normally just power right on through them. They have to get pretty bad to phase us

Pandora doesn't have too much shelter. Just the one QS and you can't go there if you aren't eating. At least the ride queues are both indoors

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter