Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread ** May 7-10, 2015

I got in! :cheer2:

I am registered for the Pixie Dust Challenge! pixiedust:

My mom (not a DISer) is registered for the 10k. :woohoo:

I had a difficult time with the registration at first. I didn't see it come live at 10:58 (I'm in Central Time); I actually finally got it to work at 11:02, then I was in a queue to get to Active. Then it was making me re-enter the password and then it wasn't going through. Then it was telling me I was missing my proof of time even though I put a time past 3:15. Then it cleared out all the information every time it told me something was missing, so I kept missing things since I had already filled it out and I was trying to hurry. :headache: But I got through.

I was able to register my mom through my account. I didn't see where to change the person, so I just edited the profile. While doing this, I realized that somewhere along all the changes when I registered for the Pixie Dust, my birthdate was a day off. :headache: I am hoping I can call runDisney or email them to adjust it since they can go in and adjust times when you have proof of time.

I'm sorry that you had a bit of a headache with the registration process. I know it asked me to login again as well which I've never had happen before - but as long as we got in, right?

As for the birthdate, it happens! I had mine entered wrong for the first of my runDisney races I believe. I just gave them a call and they were able to fix it for me!

I'm sorry that you had a bit of a headache with the registration process. I know it asked me to login again as well which I've never had happen before - but as long as we got in, right?

As for the birthdate, it happens! I had mine entered wrong for the first of my runDisney races I believe. I just gave them a call and they were able to fix it for me!

Right!

Well...I THINK I'm in....my receipts printed with my name on the PDC and my mom's on the 10k....but when I go to the email confirmation and click the link, they are ALL under my mom's name. :headache: I guess when I edited the profile it went retroactive? I have no idea. I'm going to call them.

:upsidedow:woohoo:Feeling nervous and excited. Just signed up for the 10k for myself, DH and DDs (who will be 10 & 13). None of us have ever done a 10k. Kids and I have done a 5k, and I'm not fast enough yet. I had decided a month ago, that I wanted a challenge to aim for, and this is one expensive challenge, but I think it will be fun, and we are doing it as a family vacation. I was debating on going for 5 or 10k right up until it was time to sign up, and I went with the challenge of a 10k. Now I just need to continue to lose weight and get faster, and it will be a great trip. Happy Mother's Day to me :)

I am considering paying the extra to make the four of us a team. Other than a second bib, is it worth becoming a team? :confused3 Or a better question would be, what are the benefits of signing up as a team?

:thumbsup2 Did you get your niece in for the DD ??

I did! So excited and had to splurge and get the kids ears for her too. Only thing I'm a little worried about was her birthday. I had to fudge it and put it as yesterday b/c we don't have the date yet, but she won't have an id so hopefully it'll be okay.

Well, over an hour in and the only events that are sold out are two of the kids races: the diaper dash and the 200M! Haven't seen registration for a Disneyland Race like this in awhile!

I did! So excited and had to splurge and get the kids ears for her too. Only thing I'm a little worried about was her birthday. I had to fudge it and put it as yesterday b/c we don't have the date yet, but she won't have an id so hopefully it'll be okay.

I am SO glad !!!! I'm sure the date issue will not be a problem. Now remember if your driving down....be creative decorating your car windows.

Definitely a slower sell because it's mother's day weekend

I tried very hard to convince my own mama to come but couldn't be persuaded; I am going to train my Aunt to run her first Half and we'll also be traveling with my grandma so I'll be with mothers just not my own :(

LuvBaloo, Where'sPiglet?, jblairosu, kim339, Wink25 - I've got you all updated on the runner list!​

I'm in for my fourth Tink. I couldn't miss it, its my favorite race! :thumbsup2
I'm just running the half, no challenge this time. Maybe next year when I'm not registered for so many races.

I made it in to the Pixie Dust Challenge, and this will be my 4th Tink as well! I also was able to register right before 9, so that was awesome - I was only a minute late to my staff meeting!

I'm totally surprised the challenge hadn't sold out yet, especially considering how fast the AP/DVC spots went last week. I guess the move to Mother's Day weekend really did have a big impact on the registration numbers. Hopefully this means everyone that wanted to get in and was online when registration opened secured a spot, which is more than what normally happens for a Disney race.

LuvBaloo, Where'sPiglet?, jblairosu, kim339, Wink25 - I've got you all updated on the runner list!​

Thanks!

I called Active; they were the wrong people to call. They did give me the number at Disney to call to make the corrections. It's 407-939-4786 just in case anyone else biffed and needs to make corrections too. :laughing:

Disney was able to fix the name issue on the events, so all is well now! Phew! I will have to call them again in a few months to change my address. I'm moving next week but I don't have an address yet. :rolleyes1

My mom has already booked the hotel and park hopper tickets for us! party:

I'm so glad it seems like everyone is getting registered for what they wanted!

My birthday was one day off too but I edited my profile on active.com and it seems to be correct now. Hopefully it's fixed.

I wasn't sure on the pin, necklace, jacket, etc. Are there pictures of them anywhere?

Also, I wasn't sure how the sizing is on the shirts. Do they run small, big, ???

Hrm, I didn't see anything about a jacket in the signup? There was just the tshirt and then the pin and necklace on mine.

We are in! very stressful computer crash and freezing screen we made in the Pixie Challenge, team registered The Tink Sisters(FAS). I have a brain injury FAS stands for Foreign Accent Sydrome. My girlfriend Sue is bringing me again we did the half last year. Great fun! What a way to spend mother's day with our best friend and rock. I so lucky! She make my dream come true.

I am SO glad !!!! I'm sure the date issue will not be a problem. Now remember if your driving down....be creative decorating your car windows.

Ooohh! I'll have to remember that one! :goodvibes They're coming down w/ me for SW b/c I won a trip so I already went shopping for all her outfits since it's her 1st trip. :rotfl2: And I saw a really cute idea on pinterest to get plain Mickey Ears and bring a silver sharpie to have all the princesses sign them. So many ideas!

wow - 5+ hours after registration opened and everything is still available except for the kids' races - verrrry interesting!

Ooohh! I'll have to remember that one! :goodvibes They're coming down w/ me for SW b/c I won a trip so I already went shopping for all her outfits since it's her 1st trip. :rotfl2: And I saw a really cute idea on pinterest to get plain Mickey Ears and bring a silver sharpie to have all the princesses sign them. So many ideas!

How did you win a trip?? Good for you !!! Love the sharpie idea for the ears. They used to have a "my first ears" or something like that. Lots of "first". I'll keep my eyes open for you when we head down. Then there is always the 800 # to purchase things.

wow - 5+ hours after registration opened and everything is still available except for the kids' races - verrrry interesting!

I know, right? I guess the fact that it's on Mother's Day weekend really deterred people from signing up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter