• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread ** May 7-10, 2015

Eek, now I have to make a decision and I don't have long to decide! I am definitely in for the half so I can stay 'perfect'. I did the 10K as well last year so I could get the inaugural medal but had no real interest in doing it again until a challenge was added so I could get that inaugural medal as well. I was just hoping it would be another year. This would be the last time I would do both. I have until Wednesday to decide I suppose.

Oh my a challenge.......My knees hurt just thinking about it but I'm doing the 1/2 so I'm thinking about it.
We walk all over Disneyland for days before doing a 1/2 anyway...right. I kind of leaning towards doing it.
Honestly, I just want to keep my Perfect Pixie status until the 5th anniversary for running Tink.

Help :confused3

Oh my a challenge.......My knees hurt just thinking about it but I'm doing the 1/2 so I'm thinking about it.
We walk all over Disneyland for days before doing a 1/2 anyway...right. I kind of leaning towards doing it.
Honestly, I just want to keep my Perfect Pixie status until the 5th anniversary for running Tink.

Help :confused3

DO IT! I did the half and 10K last year and my legs really didn't feel any worse than they did just doing the half the year before. But I didn't take the 10K very seriously. I used it as my pictures race and took all the pics I wanted. Once we were ahead of the sweeper at mile 4 we walked the remaining 2 miles. Great race. I'd do it again for sure if I was doing Tink this year.

DO IT! I did the half and 10K last year and my legs really didn't feel any worse than they did just doing the half the year before. But I didn't take the 10K very seriously. I used it as my pictures race and took all the pics I wanted. Once we were ahead of the sweeper at mile 4 we walked the remaining 2 miles. Great race. I'd do it again for sure if I was doing Tink this year.

I think I am !!:thumbsup2

I think I am !!:thumbsup2

Yay!

Question for you b/c I know your little Mouseketeer does the kids races. How does it work exactly? And is it the same area as the finish for Tink? I'm registering my niece for the diaper crawl, but just wanted to double check beforehand so my sister doesn't freak out.

Yay!

Question for you b/c I know your little Mouseketeer does the kids races. How does it work exactly? And is it the same area as the finish for Tink? I'm registering my niece for the diaper crawl, but just wanted to double check beforehand so my sister doesn't freak out.

The kids race is the same finish line as ours--which is kind of cool for the kids. We never did the diaper dash--he was too old at the time, but it is definitely in a different area, but in the same area if that makes sense??
The diaper dasher do not cross "our finish line" but have their own designated area. The kids races are so cute to watch, some kids are even carried over the finish since they can't walk let a lone run. Also, RD seem to be doing a better job at "pre-race" organization of the kids. But the kids still need to wait for their turn, in the sun and no bathrooms close by. :( Maybe check it out next month.

Now important stuff---costume? Maybe put something on her back as a decoration/costume. Also bright colors will help pick your "crawler" out. The worst thing is just waiting since I think the crawlers are the last of the participants to go.
Just a warning....it can seem a little unorganized finding where the kids have to go. And bring all baby supplies with you...just in case.
Hope this helps :)

When are you heading down for DL 1/2?? Are you driving ??

Thanks! That helps a lot.

As for next month, I'm not going. :sad1: First time in 8 years I haven't been getting stuff ready to go right about now and it feels so weird. I keep looking at Michael's ads for costume stuff. But I know a couple of people who still have bibs and aren't able to go, so if baby comes really early, there's a slight glimmer of hope.

Thanks! That helps a lot.

As for next month, I'm not going. :sad1: First time in 8 years I haven't been getting stuff ready to go right about now and it feels so weird. I keep looking at Michael's ads for costume stuff. But I know a couple of people who still have bibs and aren't able to go, so if baby comes really early, there's a slight glimmer of hope.

:( Oh I just thought you would be going. But what a exciting reason to miss it. Maybe the baby will come early--go to Berkeley and get that pizza that is suppose to bring on Labor. :) Well, next year is the big one anyway. Keep me posted on becoming a Aunt. :cool1:

I hope that they change the date in 2016. I just can't go out there next may without my DS on mothers day, to his favorite place (yes, Carsland wins out over WDW for him) and I can't pull him out of school next may. So 2016 for me I suppose. I was going to do avengers in 2016 but perhaps that will have to wait. I love my glass slipper challenge medal and would absolutely be in for the tink challenge - I would do the california challenges once and done each tho. I prefer to just have a vacation with a small bit of running (13.1 = small. Haha!) and the WDW challenges are just too early for me!

Good luck to the AP and DVC members who will be enjoing early registration this morning (9am PST). But just a word of caution to those planning to use a friend's registration link: the Disneyland AP website now has a note for the runDisney perk that reads:

We ask that you not share these early registration links with others. Early registration is a special benefit reserved for Annual Passholders and may not always be offered.​

This is the first time I recall seeing a note like this on the website and contact with runDisney has said that there will b e verification and registration could be cancelled without notice if not an annual passholder or in the household of an annual passholder.

Does anyone know if this note has always been there and I'm just ignorant. I wont lie, I have been using my friends assistance to register for the past to years since my AP expired when I became a CM. But with this new note, looks like I will be waiting until general registration.

I use the DVC link so don't know if this message has been on the AP site for other registrations. Of course the DVC link says it's only to be used by members etc.

Signed up for Challenge :)

DVC, so don't know about Passholder link/reg.

Ugh, when I went to log into my Disneyland account, it had unlinked my annual pass. By the time I got it relinked and gone through registration (9:13), the challenge had sold out. What a bummer. Normally I check my account the night before to be safe, but there is never any problems. If course the first time I DON'T check, there is. Guess I'll have to wait until next week. Which will be a challenge itself because I have a standing meeting at 9AM every Tuesday.

Got myself and my fairy godmother signed up via AP link. I was so nervous and shaky after the AP website wasn't updated so I searched for the rundisney annual passholder page and found it through there! Yay!

Pixie Dust Challenge sold out for AP/DVC as of 9:19 a.m. (edited for above post saying it sold out in 13 minutes! good luck next week I'm sure you can be five minutes late :))

I was tempted to do the challenge but only signed up for the 5k and 10k, with the Avengers half and Star Wars challenge coming up it felt nice to only sign up for the "easy" races.

Ugh, when I went to log into my Disneyland account, it had unlinked my annual pass. By the time I got it relinked and gone through registration (9:13), the challenge had sold out. What a bummer. Normally I check my account the night before to be safe, but there is never any problems. If course the first time I DON'T check, there is. Guess I'll have to wait until next week. Which will be a challenge itself because I have a standing meeting at 9AM every Tuesday.

What a drag... sorry that happened to you. Per CynthiaRebeca's suggestion, can you be a few minutes late for your meeting? Maybe you can get approval before-hand to reduce stress. Good luck :)

I was tempted to do the challenge but only signed up for the 5k and 10k, with the Avengers half and Star Wars challenge coming up it felt nice to only sign up for the "easy" races.

I understand -- I have noticed a change in myself with regards to the runDisney race selections, too. I used to want to run all distances, all race weekends. But I find that (surprisingly) I am more happy being selective in regards to the distances and race weekends I participate in. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter