• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon 2012 thread

It really makes me mad that people bought bags that didnt even do the race, and the only reason they bought them, obviously, was to sell them on eBay!

Almost makes me wish I had done the same thing (they had a few when I went through the line and the woman seemed surprised I didn't want one, she asked twice!) but then I'm not a jerk! :thumbsup2

This has been my experiencde too. If you finish race 1 and get an official time and a medal, you are certainly a candidate for the Coast to Coast. If you go through that finishers chute at race #2 and get the medal, proceed on just a few steps where they will cut off your wristband and give you the Coast to Coast. They don't ask you anything, its just like getting your first medal. There is just a person standing there with an armful of Coast to Coast medals and a pair of scissors looking for people with armbands to cut off and give a Coast to Coast medal to. Then its on to getting your picture taken with your medalS! Awesome! That is going to be such a great feeling for you! I will be getting my second Coast to Coast at Wine & Dine this year! I got my first one at DL half last year! :woohoo:

Ok good! My understanding was that as long as you finished and got your medal with an official time you were good but I'm glad to get it confirmed!

So I was just looking at the ebay stuff and I have to say I am glad to see that a lot of it has no bids. Especially the one the has the program listed for sale...really why would someone buy that?

I don't understand people and I don't understand why you would but a medal for a race you didn't do..

Holy crap! Check out this auction. This Tink Dooney is on ebay! Its the one with the race medallion. Look how expensive it is? How much was it at the expo? This one is getting close to $250!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Doon...049?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item4600b89731

I want to say that style sold for $160...or somewhere around there maybe? Looks like they are making a pretty good profit...really makes me mad though because I was ready to buy one first thing saturday morning and of course there were none left...I didn't get into town until really late Friday night so saturday was my only option at the Expo. I went to the runDisney website "contact us" area and sent an email expressing my disappointment. I suggested maybe a pre-order at the time of registration (like the pins) or maybe splitting the stock between both days of the expo to give the saturday-goers some sort of a chance. I did get a response a couple of days later saying they appreciate feedback and would forward my concers to the merchandise team.

I thought in order for us to get the Coast to Coast we HAVE to complete each race at or under 3:30?! I am doing the Princess 1/2 in a couple of weeks as part of my Coast to Coast and my I just recently (Sunday) was gifted with ITBS. So I am now concerned I went from finishing in 3:00 with stops - to goodness knows what.

I am pretty sure that is what I was told - that anything OVER 3:30 disqualifies us from the Coast to Coast.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

THANKS SO MUCH!!

As others have said, you cross the line and get the C2C as long as you have the wrist band. My time for the Donald was 3:33:20 this year and I had the same concern, what if I don't get the C2C medal? My worries were put to rest when they strapped on the wrist band at the bib pick up booth. Just means I need to be sure my W&D time is below 3:30 so I can feel like I really did earn the C2C.

Was there a Igift bag? If so I was not aware

I am going to guess it is like what DL does for their races. Instead of loading your bag with lots of flyers and coupons and whatnot that most people toss (or recycle) once they get back to their rooms/homes, there are websites of the sponsors and flyers available if you choose to take them. Cuts down on printing costs and saves some trees. (The bag still had safety pins and a protein bar in it.)

As others have said, you cross the line and get the C2C as long as you have the wrist band. My time for the Donald was 3:33:20 this year and I had the same concern, what if I don't get the C2C medal? My worries were put to rest when they strapped on the wrist band at the bib pick up booth. Just means I need to be sure my W&D time is below 3:30 so I can feel like I really did earn the C2C.

Thanks everyone that replied! Good news on that; though I should have clarified - this my first leg of the C2C - so there is no wristband to cut off when I finish. Does this make a difference if the first race was not completed in the 3:30 but the 2nd is?

I've been going to PT all week to fix this thing & I'm determined to run/walk and be perfectly fine. But you never know what can happen at mile 11 :rotfl:...I just don't want to be disappointed come September!

Another C2C question- do I need to bring something with me that shows I completed tink to the princess bib pick up? Thanks!

I thought in order for us to get the Coast to Coast we HAVE to complete each race at or under 3:30?! I am doing the Princess 1/2 in a couple of weeks as part of my Coast to Coast and my I just recently (Sunday) was gifted with ITBS. So I am now concerned I went from finishing in 3:00 with stops - to goodness knows what.

I am pretty sure that is what I was told - that anything OVER 3:30 disqualifies us from the Coast to Coast.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

THANKS SO MUCH!!

I did the WDW 1/2 in January in 4:00. I emailed runDisney and asked if I would still qualify for the C2C before I signed up for the DL half and they assured me that I would. I plan on training for the DL half.:laughing::thumbsup2

I love, love, love your pics! They are GREAT! What was going on TPIR like? I would love to do that!

Oh goodness TPIR was one of the biggest highlights of my trip!!!! I have always wanted to be on that show. I can not count how many hours I sat in front of the t.v. eating grilled cheese sandwiches on my lunch hour as a child watching Bob Barker, lol. If you go be prepared to be there the entire day. We were there from 11am-6pm but it was so. much. fun. we met amazing folks in line and the show itself was so high energy!:banana: Drew Carey was awesome!!!!!

Another C2C question- do I need to bring something with me that shows I completed tink to the princess bib pick up? Thanks!

On the registration form for the race, there is a question asking if you are participating in the Coast to Coast. I can't remember the exact wording. Simply check "yes" when you register and runDisney will take care of it. If for some reason, you have completed a half (or greater) on the opposite coast and there is no wrist band for you, go to runner relations and they should be able to square things up for you. There is no added cost or fee for doing the Coast to Coast. Bonus Bling!!!:cool1::cool1:

I did the WDW 1/2 in January in 4:00. I emailed runDisney and asked if I would still qualify for the C2C before I signed up for the DL half and they assured me that I would. I plan on training for the DL half.:laughing::thumbsup2

Thank you very much - this is what I was wondering! Good luck at the DL 1/2 - I will see you there!!! :banana:

Thanks everyone for all the C2C answers. I would be crushed if it turned out I didn't qualify... so this is a relief. Now I just need to start training for the Wine & Dine so I have a better time :cool1:

Has anyone seen an e:mail from runDisney where we can print out our offical timing certificate for Tinkerbell?
I'd love to do that soon!:thumbsup2

I finally am figuring out how to post pictures!

Here's some of me after I went back out on the race course to cheer my family and the rest of you on.
I was on the right hand side right before you went into CA Adventure, around Harbor Blvd.
Hope those of you who saw them, enjoyed them!

P1290111-1.jpg

P1290109-1.jpg

P1290110-1.jpg

I want to say that style sold for $160...or somewhere around there maybe? Looks like they are making a pretty good profit...really makes me mad though because I was ready to buy one first thing saturday morning and of course there were none left...I didn't get into town until really late Friday night so saturday was my only option at the Expo. I went to the runDisney website "contact us" area and sent an email expressing my disappointment. I suggested maybe a pre-order at the time of registration (like the pins) or maybe splitting the stock between both days of the expo to give the saturday-goers some sort of a chance. I did get a response a couple of days later saying they appreciate feedback and would forward my concers to the merchandise team.

I also send an email to runDisney and Disney merchandise. This is what I got from Disney merchandise:

Thank you for contacting Disney Theme Park Merchandise. Regretfully, the Tinkerbell Dooney & Bourke bags have sold out. We do not have any information at this time as to whether they will return to available inventory in the future. We apologize for the disappointment this may cause.

Please feel free to periodically call Merchandise Guest Services toll free at (877)560-6477 option #1 for inventory updates. Cast Members are available Monday-Friday between 9:00am-8:00pm EST, excluding holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter