• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon 2012 thread

lisah0711

♥ her Disney office
Tinker Bell Half Marathon January 27-29 2012 at Disneyland

Link to official RunDisney site about the Tinker Bell Half Marathon http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/tinker-bell-half-marathon/

Link to the official RunDisney Tinker Bell Half Marathon program http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/media/ewwos/pdf/rundisney/tinkerbell-half-marathon/Tink12ProgramA.pdf

Link to the course map http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/eww...bell-half-marathon/2012 COA Course Map v2.pdf

Link to the ChEARS squad information http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/media...inkerbell-half-marathon/DisneylandCS_2012.pdf

WISH meet: Saturday, 1/28/12 DTD at the fountain in front of the Grand Californian 4:00 pm, pictures at 5:00 pm. We will move to the overhang at the DTD entrance to Grand Californian in case of inclement weather.

Here is a link to the event on the WISH Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/events/293880423982393/#!/events/293880423982393/

Link to thread with bib numbers http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43565997&postcount=1 Thank you Kim! :goodvibes

Link to final race instructions http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwos/pdf/rundisney/tinkerbell-half-marathon/2012-Tink-FRI.pdf

This thread is for support and encouragement for those of us who are going to do this race.

I'll be there and proudly wearing my W.I.S.H. lime green! :tinker:

I'm in! I'll most likely be volunteering at the Expo on Sat as well. I always have such a blast doing that for the Sept. DL 1/2.

Welcome! Volunteering sounds like fun! :goodvibes

This will be my first DL race. I grew up in Anaheim, worked there as a cast member so I've had a life long love affair with Disneyland! :love:

I see you are doing Goofy, too. :worship:

That's great that you're doing your first DL race! I'll bet being a CM was a fantastic job. I've met some pretty terrific ones at DL and WDW. They really make the place extra special.

Yes, Goofy too. It's going to be a busy Jan!

Welcome, ludari!

Since it looks like both of you have done several DL and WDW races, I was wondering if you could tell me if they have characters or entertainment at other parts of the race course in Anaheim, like they do at WDW. Obviously there is some difference since you are on city streets. I know this is a new course so no one knows for sure what will happen where.

It was fun being a cast member at DL -- it was many, many years ago. I learned the valuable skill of sewing the names on the Mickey Mouse ears free hand! :smickey:

THinking about it but not sure if I'll do it. I'm not doing Goofy this next year but close to it - doing the half and relay. I'm not sure I want to add another Disney race so soon. Now, if they offer a special medal (other than the C2C) ...... :rolleyes1

Lisa - glad to see you are doing this one. :thumbsup2 I was a CM, too...at WDW. Those were the days! :teeth:

Weilcome, ludari!

Since it looks like both of you have done several DL and WDW races, I was wondering if you could tell me if they have characters or entertainment at other parts of the race course in Anaheim, like they do at WDW. Obviously there is some difference since you are on city streets. I know this is a new course so no one knows for sure what will happen where.

It was fun being a cast member at DL -- it was many, many years ago. I learned the valuable skill of sewing the names on the Mickey Mouse ears free hand! :smickey:

Lisah0711, I've only completed one race and that was at WDW. I am however registered for 4 upcoming races 2 at WDW and 2 at DL. I am hoping they will have characters/entertainment along the race course.

Weilcome, ludari!

The characters are in the two parks. I don't recall ever seeing them outside the parks at all. At the Sept DL race there is entertainment through town. Usually high school bands, cheerleaders, etc.

I miss how they used to sew the names on the ears and add their own flare to it.

I'm in. I'm not thrilled by the theme, but I definitely love that it's in DL. The trips to Florida are getting expensive. I also can't resist an inaugural medal. :D

THinking about it but not sure if I'll do it. I'm not doing Goofy this next year but close to it - doing the half and relay. I'm not sure I want to add another Disney race so soon. Now, if they offer a special medal (other than the C2C) ...... :rolleyes1

Lisa - glad to see you are doing this one. :thumbsup2 I was a CM, too...at WDW. Those were the days! :teeth:

Hi Susie! :wave2: It would be fun to see another INCREDIBLE (and fellow former CM :teeth:) at this race! A special medal would be nice! :goodvibes

Lisah0711, I've only completed one race and that was at WDW. I am however registered for 4 upcoming races 2 at WDW and 2 at DL. I am hoping they will have characters/entertainment along the race course.

Impressive schedule! :worship:

The characters are in the two parks. I don't recall ever seeing them outside the parks at all. At the Sept DL race there is entertainment through town. Usually high school bands, cheerleaders, etc.

I'm glad there is something along the way. I guess with the weather that time of year they can't have us running around Angel Stadium.

I'm in. I'm not thrilled by the theme, but I definitely love that it's in DL. The trips to Florida are getting expensive. I also can't resist an inaugural medal. :D

:wave2: Hi neighbor! It is much easier to get to DL from here than it is to get to WDW. ::yes::

I'm not a big Tinker Bell fan either (who knew that her name was 2 words?) but it doesn't matter because I am planning on wearing my WISH shirt anyway. :tink:

Thanks for starting this thread Lisa!

I'm also not a big Tink fan as portrayed in Peter Pan, she was jealous, spiteful, and I especially disliked when she looked at her reflection and didn't like what she saw. I do like the new Tink movies better and think that Disney is trying to modernize her a bit just like the newer Disney princesses. I'm much more of a Tiana, Mulan, and Jasmine girl than Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White. I also love Pixie Hollow at DL. So beautiful!

I am very excited about this race and am really looking forward to my first Disney race at DL. I am considering doing a local race: the Denver RnR in October to help get ready for this one. It has a slower pace requirement (4 hours, 18:19 minute miles). I am thinking that doing a local race that I could essentially do at a brisk walk may give me some good practice and a confidence boost going into the Tink. I'll see how the next month goes and then decide.

I am very excited about this race and am really looking forward to my first Disney race at DL. I am considering doing a local race: the Denver RnR in October to help get ready for this one. It has a slower pace requirement (4 hours, 18:19 minute miles). I am thinking that doing a local race that I could essentially do at a brisk walk may give me some good practice and a confidence boost going into the Tink. I'll see how the next month goes and then decide.

This is a really good idea. When I wanted to do my first Disneyland 1/2 I did another local race beforehand and was really glad I did. It really prepared me for what was ahead and as a walker, I really needed to know the pacing. Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks for starting this thread Lisa!

I'm also not a big Tink fan as portrayed in Peter Pan, she was jealous, spiteful, and I especially disliked when she looked at her reflection and didn't like what she saw. I do like the new Tink movies better and think that Disney is trying to modernize her a bit just like the newer Disney princesses. I'm much more of a Tiana, Mulan, and Jasmine girl than Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White. I also love Pixie Hollow at DL. So beautiful!

Hi Lisa! :wave2: Nice to see you! :flower3:

I think doing another half before this one is a fabulous idea. It's great to have that race experience because it is very different from training (or I should say it was very different for me). I'm planning on having at least two half marathones under my belt before this one. But, as you know, I was swept at the Princess this year so I really feel like I have something to prove this time around, too.

Off topic just for a minute, but how awesome would a Nightmare Before Christmas themed race be! DL does the NBC overlay at Halloween thru Christmas. They could hold it later in the year and Zero would make an excellent medal.

I love this idea, CrystalCastle! I always love DL decorated for Halloween.

Thanks so much for starting this thread.:banana:
I love the positive vibe it's giving off!:cool1:
4 of my nieces and 2 of my sisters are already signed up - that's after I told them they HAD to do it!
I've got one more sister to convince and then I'll sign up as well.
Most of us were already doing the Princess in 2012 also.
So this will be a lot of fun and work!
But all this exercise will keep us fit, healthy and working together for a great goal!
Can't wait!:yay:

I'm seriously considering Tinker Bell. I'm glad I didn't immediately sign up for Goofy, since I'll probably do a shorter distance Marathon weekend so I can do Tink later in the month.

I'm in. I LoVE Disney races! I ran my first half in Jan at WDW and already signed up for the Disneyland half and the Wine & Dine. In 2012 I think I'm going to attempt all 5 Disney races just to say I did it. So, that counts me in for this one! Plus, I just love Tinker Bell. She's my favorite.

Count me in too! Haven't registered yet, waiting to see if Disney Visa sends out an email like they did for the WDW Marathon. But I'm in for both. Not 100% with the whole Tinkerbell thing, but it's DL and it's close and I love the Dis races.

Loving the idea of the 5k at night too. DL at night is so much prettier and without all the people it'll be even more fun.

Don't know who said it, but I love the idea of the NBC/Halloween idea for a race and medal. That would be so much fun.

I fully plan on registering, just need to get the money first!

But, as you know, I was swept at the Princess this year so I really feel like I have something to prove this time around, too.

I love this idea, CrystalCastle! I always love DL decorated for Halloween.

What happens when you get swept? I've read Disney's rules on it and it sounds like you're completely out of game, no medal. :sad1: With the RnR series, it seems like if you're swept, they'll drive you to the finish line and you still get a medal. So, am curious what happens with a Disney sweeping.

I am signed up to run this 1/2 as well as the Disneyland September race. Very excited. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter