• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon 2012 thread

Hard to believe that it was just a short week ago that we were all running our little hearts out! :tinker:

Hard to believe that it was just a short week ago that we were all running our little hearts out! :tinker:

I know! I miss being there so much, and all the excitement and anticipation of the race. Bummer! But, I have to force myself to get back out there. Going on a 5K walk today with my kids.

I know !!!! I think I'm even a little depressed about it being over. :sad1: I had such a good time and I hate the fact that it's over and we have to wait another year to do the Tink.

Went out yesterday and ran 5 miles and my heart just wasn't in it. I've got the post race blues.

Really? That is only one week after the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. I was hoping to do my coast to coast in one month like so many people did this year, but I am not sure I could do it the next weeked. Ugh!!!

You should do it and I'll do it w/ you! I'm calling it my ode to Disney Week, I get home from WDW to do laundry and turn around and drive down to DL. Not sure whether I'll be standing upright for the park after Tink, but I'm gonna try.

I thought of that when I looked at the clock this morning. :sad1:

Melinda~ I loved those shirts you and your husband were wearing in your pic for the 5k! Where did you get those made?

I had to check out the ebay stuff and my mouth literally dropped open! There are 2 medals up for bid and 1 of the medals is not only going for $167, it has 20 bids!! I don't get why you would want one if you didn't run? I can understand if they ran out of medals (that happened to me w/ Nike 2 years ago) but they didn't run out of medals. Completely boggles my mind!

I love your pictures! Some of it (like running by Soarin') I totally DO NOT remember. :rotfl: Isn't that funny? I guess I must have been in 'the zone' or something. lol. Thanks for sharing!!!

Funny! I just noticed that my photos totally posted out of order. But, I'm it motivated enough to go fix them. :). I like seeing the 5k photos. Makes me definitely want to do a night race! I thought about doing the 5k, but worried about getting hurt and not being able to do the 1/2. That would be a lot of money and time wasted!

Hey, you cut me off on the right hand side of the photo!! :goodvibes I was right up at the "gate" on the right side for Corral E.

I did that on purpose. :goodvibes JK
It's funny how you can know someone via the dis, stand really close to them in a sea of thousands and not have a clue. :)

I had to check out the ebay stuff and my mouth literally dropped open! There are 2 medals up for bid and 1 of the medals is not only going for $167, it has 20 bids!! I don't get why you would want one if you didn't run? I can understand if they ran out of medals (that happened to me w/ Nike 2 years ago) but they didn't run out of medals. Completely boggles my mind!

It is really a bummer. I kind of wish they didn't give medals out to people who don't finish the race. Maybe have something else for them. Because I wonder if those are the people selling them. My sis-in-law is an avid racer and wearing a shirt of anything you didn't "earn" is a big no-no in her book. It must be the inaugural collectibility of the Disney stuff that is making it so valuable?? Crazy!

So, we are headed on a gift cruise with my father-in-law leaving Miami on Nov 11 and we just decided to head down early so I can do the W&D on the 10th. Our ship doesn't leave until 4pm, and my husband is willing to drive. So, I'm going for my C2C this year". Now to find the W&D thread!

I saw that on ebay too! I was shocked. I can't even imagine parting with my medal. I love it so much!!! :love: In fact, I love all my medals and don't even let my kids wear them after my races! :laughing: Does that make me mean? I do offer to sign them up for races so they can earn their own medals!

We had a fabulous time, thought I'd share some pictures. Celebrated by riding Space Mountain followed by a trip to TPIR, lol. I arrived Friday afternoon and didn't see any of the Dooney bags :confused3 lemme know if anyone has an extra for sale:worship:
9AC48ECB.jpg

EB7CBF22.jpg

CEC449FC.jpg

CFBCF61E.jpg

902E1A3B.jpg

It is really a bummer. I kind of wish they didn't give medals out to people who don't finish the race. Maybe have something else for them. Because I wonder if those are the people selling them. My sis-in-law is an avid racer and wearing a shirt of anything you didn't "earn" is a big no-no in her book. It must be the inaugural collectibility of the Disney stuff that is making it so valuable?? Crazy!

If people purchase a commemorative shadow box or whatever they're called, they come with an extra medal inside. So maybe the medals being sold on ebay are from people who are getting that duplicate? But I still don't get the people who want a medal for a race they didn't complete.

I've started posting my trip/race report to my blog... see link below in my signature. I've got a bunch of photos from the 5k if you'd like to check it out. I should be getting around to posting my 1/2 photos later this week.

You should do it and I'll do it w/ you! I'm calling it my ode to Disney Week, I get home from WDW to do laundry and turn around and drive down to DL. Not sure whether I'll be standing upright for the park after Tink, but I'm gonna try.

I thought of that when I looked at the clock this morning. :sad1:

Melinda~ I loved those shirts you and your husband were wearing in your pic for the 5k! Where did you get those made?[/QUOTE]

Thank you! They were made by someone here on the DIS, then we used a heatpress to put them onto shirts. I think the DISigner was MilliePie. I will double check, though.

]If people purchase a commemorative shadow box or whatever they're called, they come with an extra medal inside.[/B] So maybe the medals being sold on ebay are from people who are getting that duplicate? But I still don't get the people who want a medal for a race they didn't complete.

I've started posting my trip/race report to my blog... see link below in my signature. I've got a bunch of photos from the 5k if you'd like to check it out. I should be getting around to posting my 1/2 photos later this week.

Seriously? That's kind of a bummer. If I bought one of those things, which I doubt I ever would because they're so expensive (I frame all my bibs/medals myself with $15 frames from Bed, Bath, & Beyond) I would want THE medal in it that I won, not a different one. What would one do with their REAL medal if they bought one of those things?

We had a fabulous time, thought I'd share some pictures. Celebrated by riding Space Mountain followed by a trip to TPIR, lol. I arrived Friday afternoon and didn't see any of the Dooney bags :confused3 lemme know if anyone has an extra for sale:worship:
9AC48ECB.jpg

EB7CBF22.jpg

CEC449FC.jpg

CFBCF61E.jpg

902E1A3B.jpg

I love, love, love your pics! They are GREAT! What was going on TPIR like? I would love to do that!

I can't believe people are selling their medals on eBay! And the race shirt.

OMG! I had to look this up after seeing your post (I'm catching up as we went to Newport Beach after DL so I haven't been on the boards since the race) and I can't believe it, there are 2 medals online, both for over $100. I worked my butt off for that medal, I can't imagine selling it...

Anyhow I have to say that I LOVED the TB 1/2 Marathon! It was my first one ever, I finished in 3:38. I was hoping to do it in under 3:30 but I will do that when I get the coast to coast with the Wine & Dine! And I finished and got my beautiful medal which was my main goal!

The Red Hat Ladies were a definite highlight!!

I'm sorry I missed the WISH meetup, will definitely have to do that for the W& D. I will post pictures when I get then from my DH.

To FireWoman and the others who were wrongfully swept, I am so sorry and I don't think I would have handled it that well had I been in your shoes!!

Anyhow I have to say that I LOVED the TB 1/2 Marathon! It was my first one ever, I finished in 3:38. I was hoping to do it in under 3:30 but I will do that when I get the coast to coast with the Wine & Dine! And I finished and got my beautiful medal which was my main goal!

I thought in order for us to get the Coast to Coast we HAVE to complete each race at or under 3:30?! I am doing the Princess 1/2 in a couple of weeks as part of my Coast to Coast and my I just recently (Sunday) was gifted with ITBS. So I am now concerned I went from finishing in 3:00 with stops - to goodness knows what.

I am pretty sure that is what I was told - that anything OVER 3:30 disqualifies us from the Coast to Coast.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

THANKS SO MUCH!!

I thought in order for us to get the Coast to Coast we HAVE to complete each race at or under 3:30?! I am doing the Princess 1/2 in a couple of weeks as part of my Coast to Coast and my I just recently (Sunday) was gifted with ITBS. So I am now concerned I went from finishing in 3:00 with stops - to goodness knows what.

I am pretty sure that is what I was told - that anything OVER 3:30 disqualifies us from the Coast to Coast.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

THANKS SO MUCH!!

As long as you are not swept...you will get your race medal and Coast to Coast medal. They have no way of checking net times at the finish line. You walk through the finish chute and get your race medal and then walk to the Coast to Coast area where they cut off your wristband and give you the Coast to Coast medal.

As long as you are ahead of the 16 minute per mile pace of THE LAST PERSON TO CROSS THE STARTING LINE you should not get swept and you should get both medals. Granted, you don't want to cut it too close because the sweepers get the times confused every now and then and sweep people who maybe shouldn't be swept.

I have the Coast to Coast from 2011 and 2012 and this is how it worked...and I'm a walker. :thumbsup2

EDIT: Just saw that this is your first half of the C2C...again, as long as you are not swept and you get an official time, you will be entered for C2C. Due to taking photos and being a walker, my net times are frequently just over 3:30, but I have always received official times and medals.

As long as you are not swept...you will get your race medal and Coast to Coast medal. They have no way of checking net times at the finish line. You walk through the finish chute and get your race medal and then walk to the Coast to Coast area where they cut off your wristband and give you the Coast to Coast medal.

As long as you are ahead of the 16 minute per mile pace of THE LAST PERSON TO CROSS THE STARTING LINE you should not get swept and you should get both medals. Granted, you don't want to cut it too close because the sweepers get the times confused every now and then and sweep people who maybe shouldn't be swept.

I have the Coast to Coast from 2011 and 2012 and this is how it worked...and I'm a walker. :thumbsup2

EDIT: Just saw that this is your first half of the C2C...again, as long as you are not swept and you get an official time, you will be entered for C2C. Due to taking photos and being a walker, my net times are frequently just over 3:30, but I have always received official times and medals.

This has been my experiencde too. If you finish race 1 and get an official time and a medal, you are certainly a candidate for the Coast to Coast. If you go through that finishers chute at race #2 and get the medal, proceed on just a few steps where they will cut off your wristband and give you the Coast to Coast. They don't ask you anything, its just like getting your first medal. There is just a person standing there with an armful of Coast to Coast medals and a pair of scissors looking for people with armbands to cut off and give a Coast to Coast medal to. Then its on to getting your picture taken with your medalS! Awesome! That is going to be such a great feeling for you! I will be getting my second Coast to Coast at Wine & Dine this year! I got my first one at DL half last year! :woohoo:

Was there a Igift bag? If so I was not aware

Same here...I've since read that there was, but was not aware either. Maybe it came in an email prior to the race? For some reason, after I registered for Tink I received my confirmation email and receipt for registration payment and that was it. I mainly relied on links that people posted here when race related emails were sent. I never had a problem getting race update emails for any of the previous races...and I kept an eye on my junk folder too, and just never received anything. I like the less clutter idea of an i-gift bag, but I wish there would have been some more sample goodies in there other than just one mini Luna :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter