Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found these ears at Mousegears.

20140908_185652.jpg

Just because of what it says here
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/star-wars-weekend/
Watch this space for more information as summer 2015 approaches.

I don't remember in years past them saying anything "in the summer" I think I remember it said late Spring but I could be wrong

I'm actually kinda excited about Rebels, I like the look of it.

I will have to say I speaking as a costumer (501st) going to march in the parades I do not want it to be later in the summer, our guys and gals have to fight off the heat as it!

In addition even when I was in street clothes last year was brutal on weekend 3, I couldn't imagine how hot it would be pushing it out later!

I will have to say I speaking as a costumer (501st) going to march in the parades I do not want it to be later in the summer, our guys and gals have to fight off the heat as it!

In addition even when I was in street clothes last year was brutal on weekend 3, I couldn't imagine how hot it would be pushing it out later!

It makes absolutlely no sense to have it later in June.
1.- The heat :faint:
2.- SWW draws a lot of people, necessary in May and beginning of June, not needed later in the month when they have their usual crowds for summer vacation
3.- It's been the last 2 weekends in May first 2 of June for a long time and people have already (or are already) booking rooms, they would have a lot of angry guests

Would be dreadful if they moved it later in the summer. We passed up a Columbus Day weekend trip next month to take DS back to SWW next Memorial Day weekend and already have our reservations. Later in the summer would interfere with sleepaway camp and also potentially come too late for the priority DVC booking window.

Now I've got something new to stress over for the next three months.

It makes absolutlely no sense to have it later in June.
1.- The heat :faint:
2.- SWW draws a lot of people, necessary in May and beginning of June, not needed later in the month when they have their usual crowds for summer vacation
3.- It's been the last 2 weekends in May first 2 of June for a long time and people have already (or are already) booking rooms, they would have a lot of angry guests

Exactly, heck we booked our room before we had packages just to make sure I got the room I wanted, then converted when packages opened up! So technically I have had my room/package reserved since JUNE of this year for next year!

TBT of today:

My daughter meeting Lorne Peterson, ILM model maker, he has worked on models and fiber optics of all SW movies

Found these ears at Mousegears.

20140908_185652.jpg

YAY!

After riding Star Tours ELEVEN TIMES in 2 days at the end of August ( :sick: <----this was my husband, who did end up sitting out ride 11) my 4 year old is obsessed with C3PO. I was looking for a good picture of C3PO from Star Tours last night to have the Contemporary Bakery make into a cake topper on a custom cake for his birthday in December when I stumbled across a picture of those ears. He would LOVE them, so I'm on a mission to find a pair for him in December.

The obsession with C3PO has also cemented a SWW 2015 trip for us, so he can meet the Gold One in person. We'll be aiming for the weekend of June 5th.

Subbing! So excited that DH and I will be taking DS on to our first SWW in 2015!! All 3 of us are Star Wars fans and it will be our first trip of a series of trips we are taking with just one of our children at a time. So, no worrying about his sisters, DS gets us all to himself AND gets to go to SWW!! I'm so excited!! :cool1:

Subbing! So excited that DH and I will be taking DS on to our first SWW in 2015!! All 3 of us are Star Wars fans and it will be our first trip of a series of trips we are taking with just one of our children at a time. So, no worrying about his sisters, DS gets us all to himself AND gets to go to SWW!! I'm so excited!! :cool1:

WOW, what a special treat to go to Disney SWW and be the center of attention the whole time. Your DS will love it! And lets face it you'll have a blast!

Yes, that 5th weekend was brutal with the heat.

I wonder if they'll cut down the length of the parade if it's in summer? Like Frozen's was only 10 minutes? Didn't they cut it last year compared to how many they allowed in the past?

If they use return tickets for characters, that would make it easier. Worked for A&E during their test.

Hopefully summer just means after Memorial Day.

You know I wonder if they will ever bring Hoopla back, even in some small way... doubt it but one can hope.

Loved Hoopla!

The closest thing to Hoopla is the Villains Mix and Mingle at MNSSHP. Love that show.

YAY!

After riding Star Tours ELEVEN TIMES in 2 days at the end of August ( :sick: <----this was my husband, who did end up sitting out ride 11) my 4 year old is obsessed with C3PO. I was looking for a good picture of C3PO from Star Tours last night to have the Contemporary Bakery make into a cake topper on a custom cake for his birthday in December when I stumbled across a picture of those ears. He would LOVE them, so I'm on a mission to find a pair for him in December.

The obsession with C3PO has also cemented a SWW 2015 trip for us, so he can meet the Gold One in person. We'll be aiming for the weekend of June 5th.

They had tons of these ears at Tatooine Traders today and Mousegears the other day.

Oh wow! He'll have the time of his life!! How special to have his own trip with you.

:darth: I sure will! :darth:

In addition I just got back from Dragon Con in Atlanta... if you hit my Enyo Cosplay page on FB (see link below in my signature block) you can catch pictures from our large SW shoot (with more coming as they are posted). In addition to costuming I got the chance to meet Timothy Zahn (there is a picture of me and him out on my FB page as well) and go the the EU (now called Legends) writers panel.... Interesting to hear some of there comments on the future as well as the past and how they worked to blend things together.

So I think I may have been sitting next to you in the Legends panel. LOL. At least, I was sitting next to A Mara Jade. With Darth Revan?

So I think I may have been sitting next to you in the Legends panel. LOL. At least, I was sitting next to A Mara Jade. With Darth Revan?

My BF was not in his Darth Revan for the panel, however we might have mentioned that's what his costume was. I was the only one out of the two of us still dressed in costume, BF got out of his after the SW big photo shoot.

Yes, that 5th weekend was brutal with the heat.

I wonder if they'll cut down the length of the parade if it's in summer? Like Frozen's was only 10 minutes? Didn't they cut it last year compared to how many they allowed in the past?

If they use return tickets for characters, that would make it easier. Worked for A&E during their test.

Hopefully summer just means after Memorial Day.

Loved Hoopla!

The closest thing to Hoopla is the Villains Mix and Mingle at MNSSHP. Love that show.

They had tons of these ears at Tatooine Traders today and Mousegears the other day.

How long is the 11:30 parade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter