Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the new film scheduled for release in December of 2015, what is everyone's opinion? Will the "Big" Episode VII SWW be 2015 or 2016? Or, will Disney throw us a complete curve and add something in December right around the premier date?

What do you all think?

I'm expecting a lot of talk about episode VII during SWW, maybe Hamill and Fisher will come again, that would be awesome.

Never too early to plan! Hope we make it next year too but Alaska is calling end of May.

Can't wait to discuss all the details.

yay! thank you Yulilin3!

I already made resort res. last month for early June.:banana: Hoping to get two weekends in like this year when they added the 5th weekend. princess:

Thanks for starting the thread again. :)

This should be a great year with Star Wars Rebels airing Oct 3, then the series starting Oct 13 (if I got my dates straight?) and episode VII just around the corner.

When you first posted on fb about the coming early summer 2015 it sure spiked my curiosity. Dh can turn in his vacation time between now and Oct 1. Guess we won't have a definitive date that soon.

But summer and full costume sound very hot too me. Time to start thinking of cool ways to Disneybound SW. At least we can stay cool, unlike the cm, 501st and Rebel Legion in full costume.

DS and I are going to go for our first SWW next year. I've never been before in late spring/summer so I'm nervous about the heat. He gets out of school 5/21 so we're thinking about heading on down that weekend. That is Memorial Day weekend, will it be significantly less crowded if we wait a week or two?

We're most interested in characters/parade/fireworks, not so much celebrities. I'm planning on using the meals and force package to minimize our time in the heat and lines. Does that sound like a good plan?

No HH last year, right? We saw it when we went in 2012 and loved it. Can't understand why they would drop it.

DS and I are going to go for our first SWW next year. I've never been before in late spring/summer so I'm nervous about the heat. He gets out of school 5/21 so we're thinking about heading on down that weekend. That is Memorial Day weekend, will it be significantly less crowded if we wait a week or two?

We're most interested in characters/parade/fireworks, not so much celebrities. I'm planning on using the meals and force package to minimize our time in the heat and lines. Does that sound like a good plan?
Memorial weekend is crowded, not significantly more crowded that the weekends that follow. Having the character meals will help with meeting the characters.

No HH last year, right? We saw it when we went in 2012 and loved it. Can't understand why they would drop it.
No HH this year (2014) :( . I doubt that it'll come back

I saw the reference to Summer 2015 at the villains event also, hope this not so as the temps pump up in June, coming from the Tampa area and will be there. Meant to ask you Yullin, if you enjoyed any Characters at the Villans party. We wanted to get the Emperor, but ran out of time.

I saw the reference to Summer 2015 at the villains event also, hope this not so as the temps pump up in June, coming from the Tampa area and will be there. Meant to ask you Yullin, if you enjoyed any Characters at the Villans party. We wanted to get the Emperor, but ran out of time.

watched the opening show, went to Constantine's line, met him at 12:10am, so a very long wait. Went straight to the emperor and met him and the guards at 12:30am, saw the fireworks and that was it.
Did write an email to Disney and they have refunded the money.

The character meals happen everyday so the weekday ressies are easier to get than the weekend ones, the weekend ones tend to sell out
All the events and the special merchandise store only open/happen on the weekends. The only thing Star Wars related that happens during weekdays are the Jedi Training Academy

I don't think I realized that places like Sci-Fi Dine In were doing star wars character breakfasts all week?

Thanks for starting the thread again. :)

This should be a great year with Star Wars Rebels airing Oct 3, then the series starting Oct 13 (if I got my dates straight?) and episode VII just around the corner.

When you first posted on fb about the coming early summer 2015 it sure spiked my curiosity. Dh can turn in his vacation time between now and Oct 1. Guess we won't have a definitive date that soon.

But summer and full costume sound very hot too me. Time to start thinking of cool ways to Disneybound SW. At least we can stay cool, unlike the cm, 501st and Rebel Legion in full costume.
what FB page is that? tiaprincess:

I am definitely planning on making it to at least one SWW next year. I have a resort reservation for May 14-17 in hopes that it starts in May. I can always move it if it doesn't.

I'm hoping you're right. Last couple of years, the start of Star Wars weekend overlapped the last weekend of Flower & Garden. If so, then your dates should be opening week and I'll be there, too!

WOW, and here I thought I would be the first to subscribe when Yulilin started her thread, but I was beat out by three pages!

Super excited, already counting the days, already booked AKL Club Level for May 14th - 25th hoping to catch the first two weekends!

Any thoughts on if Mark will be there again next year???

I've heard discussion both ways.....first of course is that with the movie coming out in December, many of the original characters will be doing the circuit to promote the movie, and that would include SWW.

The other side of the coin is that this movie doesn't need the hawking, and that he did his obligatory M&G to get the part and now he's done.

Of course, if the movie does well, ya know 2016 is gonna be especially fun because the new "kids" will be there.....they may show in 2015, but people won't have much affiliation with them, so far they're really just a name on a cast list.

Whatever it is, we're planning to be there for the duration this year....leaving last year after 3 weeks was sad, so we've already got our calendar blocked for mid May to late June, lol. I wonder when we'll find out the dates?

Welcome aboard everyone.
I too am hoping for May/June dates, it just gets to hot and crowded for anything after June 15th
Sunshine: keep your ears open if you hear any dates from the 501st

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter