Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just shared a thought over on the DHS Frozen thread.
Now that we know that Frozen sing along is staying indefinitely and the rumors say that they will move Oaken funland (minus ice rink) and store closer to Premiere Theater (rumors are saying that this will take over the old AFI exhibit and gift shop by the exit to Backlot Tour) I'm thinking that the SWW shows will move to the ABC studios (old American Idol Exhibit)
The more I think about it the more it makes sense. After all this was the location for the shows before AIE and it's closer to Star Tours . Also this building is the Green Room for all the celebrities, where they go to eat lunch, hang between shows and autograph sessions.
Thinking beyond SWW and when they start refurbishing it all to SW land it could start with this theater, move to where the JTA sign ups are (old Sounds Dangerous) and end at Star Tours, it could be called Star Wars Lane...
Just thinking out loud here

I just shared a thought over on the DHS Frozen thread. Now that we know that Frozen sing along is staying indefinitely and the rumors say that they will move Oaken funland (minus ice rink) and store closer to Premiere Theater (rumors are saying that this will take over the old AFI exhibit and gift shop by the exit to Backlot Tour) I'm thinking that the SWW shows will move to the ABC studios (old American Idol Exhibit) The more I think about it the more it makes sense. After all this was the location for the shows before AIE and it's closer to Star Tours . Also this building is the Green Room for all the celebrities, where they go to eat lunch, hang between shows and autograph sessions. Thinking beyond SWW and when they start refurbishing it all to SW land it could start with this theater, move to where the JTA sign ups are (old Sounds Dangerous) and end at Star Tours, it could be called Star Wars Lane... Just thinking out loud here

I think you are correct, yulilin! All the early rumors pointed to JTA moving to an indoor theater and AIE was the first choice. With what they want to do with the Light Sabers during JTA, a larger indoor location necessary. They need to reconfigure the staging to maintain at least two groups of Younglings for the majority of the sessions.

AIE probably has the most room for that now, but, then again, I don't recall ever being in the Sounds Dangerous building. Would it have enough room for two groups of Younglings?

I think you are correct, yulilin! All the early rumors pointed to JTA moving to an indoor theater and AIE was the first choice. With what they want to do with the Light Sabers during JTA, a larger indoor location necessary. They need to reconfigure the staging to maintain at least two groups of Younglings for the majority of the sessions.

AIE probably has the most room for that now, but, then again, I don't recall ever being in the Sounds Dangerous building. Would it have enough room for two groups of Younglings?

It doesn't have it as it is right now. It has a small stage and the seats are very close to it. But they could tear down the wall and make a bigger space for it, including the lobby area where the padawans wait for their session.
Actually it's all one HUGE building, ABC Studios (old AIE) and Sounds Dangerous, it's all connected from the inside

My BF was not in his Darth Revan for the panel, however we might have mentioned that's what his costume was. I was the only one out of the two of us still dressed in costume, BF got out of his after the SW big photo shoot.

Ahh, okay. That was a different Mara, then. I think I saw you at the big photo shoot, though. My friends and I were taking pictures on our own and then got brought into the big group shot.

Man, it would be awesome if this is really what they're doing!

Ahh, okay. That was a different Mara, then. I think I saw you at the big photo shoot, though. My friends and I were taking pictures on our own and then got brought into the big group shot.

Gotchya, my boyfriend was standing right beside me in Revan on the far left bottom of the pictures for the SW photo shoot.

Hi there. We are planning an early June trip in 2015 and hoping that SWW will be part of it. It would be our first SWW, but not our first WDW trip. DS will be 7.

Did anyone try both of the SWW character meal options (Vader and friends for breakfast and then Jedi Mickey and friends for dinner)?

If so, can you provide some details about what the food was like/what options and then also about the character interaction?

Also, anyone think it would be too much to do them both in the same day?

thanks in advance for any insight!

We did both meals galactic breakfast and jedi mickey dinner on the same day. It was awesome! However, we found that because we only had 1 day at sww we missed out on a lot because we spent 4 hours on character meals. We are soo glad we did them both, but we have already decided we will not do them again. If you are going to pick one we enjoyed the galactic breakfast much more than the jedi mickey dinner.

Hi there. We are planning an early June trip in 2015 and hoping that SWW will be part of it. It would be our first SWW, but not our first WDW trip. DS will be 7. Did anyone try both of the SWW character meal options (Vader and friends for breakfast and then Jedi Mickey and friends for dinner)? If so, can you provide some details about what the food was like/what options and then also about the character interaction? Also, anyone think it would be too much to do them both in the same day? thanks in advance for any insight!

Here's Kenny's review of Breakfast:
http://kennythepirate.com/2014/05/04/my-star-wars-dine-in-galactic-breakfast-review/

And Dinner:
http://kennythepirate.com/2014/05/1...and-vine-in-disneys-hollywood-studios-review/

Hi there. We are planning an early June trip in 2015 and hoping that SWW will be part of it. It would be our first SWW, but not our first WDW trip. DS will be 7.

Did anyone try both of the SWW character meal options (Vader and friends for breakfast and then Jedi Mickey and friends for dinner)?

If so, can you provide some details about what the food was like/what options and then also about the character interaction?

We only did the Sci Fi breakfast and had ressies for the first sitting (I think it was 7:45am) we were there until about 8:40am and we took our time. I would think that later ressies would have more of a wait. Just something to keep in mind
We loved the breakfast and it's a great time saver to meet Vader and Boba Fett. The characters that came to our table were Stormtroopers, Jawas and Greedo. Standard get out of the car(table) take pic and sit back down. I loved that they were showing clips from the movies on the screen. The food was great and we even got a little box with extra pastries to take for later.

My boyfriend and I did both meals and loved it. The characters came right up to the tables... It was amazingly fun! Let's put it this way if they do it again this year we are totally going!

Hollywood and Vine buffet dinner with SW characters centers around Disney characters in Star Wars costumes. There were tons of good food choices and plenty of character interaction. Us big kids got lots of pictures with them and had a great meal.

Sci-fi Dinner Breakfast with SW characters centers around Star Wars characters, you get your picture with Darth Vader and Boba Fett in the beginning and then inside you see Boba Fett, Stormtroopers, Jawas and Greedo. It is dark inside the Sci-Fi dinner, excerpt from the movies are on the big screen while you eat along with other fun filled little blips with SW themes.

Edit: I just re-read your question and realized you asked if two in one day was too much.... it might be, depending on what is the most important thing you do during SWW. If meeting characters is high on your list these two restaurants fit the bill in a cool area with no lines to wait and food at the ready. The only thing that might be difficult is if you are trying to go to shows or fireworks too... But IF you schedule the breakfast for first thing and do dinner later in the day near the end of the show runs you probably doing pretty good. If you want to see the parade and schedule breakfast right off the bat your next stop should be going to find a good seat right after the meal... it really does depend on what you want to do, and how many days to do it in.

We only did the Sci Fi breakfast and had ressies for the first sitting (I think it was 7:45am) we were there until about 8:40am and we took our time. I would think that later ressies would have more of a wait. Just something to keep in mind
We loved the breakfast and it's a great time saver to meet Vader and Boba Fett. The characters that came to our table were Stormtroopers, Jawas and Greedo. Standard get out of the car(table) take pic and sit back down. I loved that they were showing clips from the movies on the screen. The food was great and we even got a little box with extra pastries to take for later.

I am going to have to remember to get that box for pastries later because I was so full when we left, but I didn't want to waste the goodies :)

thanks for all the first person accounts!

DS7 has no interest in doing a lot of the sessions (meeting actors, learning about voice over work, etc.) He seems mostly interested in meeting SW characters and the chance to possibly train against Darth Maul (!!!) and if they do the fireworks again, that would be a must.

I'm thinking for the most flexibility we may consider a bkfst ressie as soon as possible on our 1 SWW day, and maybe the parade/fireworks pass - if they do that again.

I know its early to start thinking about it when they haven't even announced anything, but we are just so thrilled that our schedule seems to work out this year!

thanks again all!

thanks for all the first person accounts!

DS7 has no interest in doing a lot of the sessions (meeting actors, learning about voice over work, etc.) He seems mostly interested in meeting SW characters and the chance to possibly train against Darth Maul (!!!) and if they do the fireworks again, that would be a must.

I'm thinking for the most flexibility we may consider a bkfst ressie as soon as possible on our 1 SWW day, and maybe the parade/fireworks pass - if they do that again.

I know its early to start thinking about it when they haven't even announced anything, but we are just so thrilled that our schedule seems to work out this year!

thanks again all!

Never to early to start planning. Remember to subscribe to the thread so you can get emails when new posts are up.
Getting the first available time for breakfast is great because you won't have to wait at all before hand.

I have a question. We are planning on going to SWW on what I hope will be opening day next year. It will be our first visit. Son is really into SW and super excited about new movies. During SWW was the Star Tours ride a tier 1 ride or tier 2 ride. Normally it is tier 2. Already thinking about FP+ Ressies since we are taking some DW newbies. Have hotel booked already for May 14-23. Thanks in advance. Now off to read the thread from 2014.

breymickey said:
I have a question. We are planning on going to SWW on what I hope will be opening day next year. It will be our first visit. Son is really into SW and super excited about new movies. During SWW was the Star Tours ride a tier 1 ride or tier 2 ride. Normally it is tier 2. Already thinking about FP+ Ressies since we are taking some DW newbies. Have hotel booked already for May 14-23. Thanks in advance. Now off to read the thread from 2014.

Star Tours stayed in tier 2. Happy reading and don't hesitate to ask any questions

Yes hotels are already booking packages for that time. I booked my package about 2 months ago!

Another tip is even if the dates change for SWW or discounts come in you can always change reservations or get the discounts applied. Did it last year with no problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter