Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

Subscribing!! Wanting to get there the first weekend of SWW, but no official anncouncement yet. Stressing a bit because I want to book and start booking ADRs at 180 days! Any suggestions? Planning to perhaps to for a week or 6 days, can't decide. What dates would you sugget be safest so we are there the first weekend?

I'm thinking I will just book May 23-June 1st and alter dates as they announce it.

We just got back from one week at Poly and enjoyed MNSSHP! I'm still on a high, and decided before Christmas of next year, we need to make a short trip for SWW! My son is a HUGE fan!!! Star Wars is pretty much all he ever talks about and this would be a dream come true for him! We rode ST 6 times last week and he was able to do a meet and greet with Darth Vader :darth: and 2 Stormtroopers because his JTA was rained out :( (However, he actually said it was better meeting him than the JTA, he had done it once before) :offtopic: Anyway, so I'm planning a 4 day trip planned around SWW.... since we are going at Christmas time too, would it be more economical to buy and AP? Also, is BWV closer to the walkway to HS? Isn't it cheaper to rent points at BWV than a 4 night stay at BWI? How long is the walk from BW to HS?

Thanks for everyone's help! MTFBWY :yoda:

Sorry I've been completely MIA, I just moved to a new house and I bet you guys know all the "fun" that that entails, anyways I',m back :cool1:
Subscribing!! Wanting to get there the first weekend of SWW, but no official anncouncement yet. Stressing a bit because I want to book and start booking ADRs at 180 days! Any suggestions? Planning to perhaps to for a week or 6 days, can't decide. What dates would you sugget be safest so we are there the first weekend?

I'm thinking I will just book May 23-June 1st and alter dates as they announce it.
The announcement should come at the end of December early January. I would just book what you want and then make the changes if need be.

We just got back from one week at Poly and enjoyed MNSSHP! I'm still on a high, and decided before Christmas of next year, we need to make a short trip for SWW! My son is a HUGE fan!!! Star Wars is pretty much all he ever talks about and this would be a dream come true for him! We rode ST 6 times last week and he was able to do a meet and greet with Darth Vader :darth: and 2 Stormtroopers because his JTA was rained out :( (However, he actually said it was better meeting him than the JTA, he had done it once before) :offtopic: Anyway, so I'm planning a 4 day trip planned around SWW.... since we are going at Christmas time too, would it be more economical to buy and AP? Also, is BWV closer to the walkway to HS? Isn't it cheaper to rent points at BWV than a 4 night stay at BWI? How long is the walk from BW to HS?

Thanks for everyone's help! MTFBWY :yoda:
Sorry can't really help with with BWV points and such since I'm local. I do think buying an AP is cheaper, here's an article that talks about the math involved http://micechat.com/10407-disney-world-annual-pass/ . Another thing about having an AP is that there are special SWW merchandise that only APs can buy.

How did I miss that you started 2014's thread? I'm here!
Hi! couldn't wait any longer. Welcome aboard

True statement on the King bed room vs making sure they have for families, I guess I am a big kid :rolleyes1 and in my book little ones under 18 aren't required for me to go visiting the WDW :dance3:

Hi Sunshine ;) I didn't even notice that it was Sunrise until you pointed it out :lmao: guess it's time for new glasses. Staying at BWV is sooo cool, close to all the action.

Hi Sunshine ;) I didn't even notice that it was Sunrise until you pointed it out :lmao: guess it's time for new glasses. Staying at BWV is sooo cool, close to all the action.

Hi Yulilin,

(in the voice of Bambi's little flower/skunk) "That's alright you can call me Sunshine if you want to" :hug: My boyfriend and I got a delightful kick out of the fact that you figured out who I was without pictures or anything, we knew when you called out Sunshine to me at SWW 2013 that you were on the right mind set :goodvibes

Clarification, staying at BW INN side, so that's why all the questions about best room for our needs, cause we know the BWV side is closer to the walkway but this is our first time staying at the Boardwalk Resort so we wanted to stay at the INN, and spoils ourselves rotten! :cloud9:

I hope they have it the weekend of the 16th, when do they usually release the dates? Is this the first year of the event since Disney purchased SWs? Is there any speculation of changes because of Disney's full ownership of the franchise?

I hope they have it the weekend of the 16th, when do they usually release the dates? Is this the first year of the event since Disney purchased SWs? Is there any speculation of changes because of Disney's full ownership of the franchise?

Dates can be released any time between December and February.

SWW is one of the hardest "seasons" to make definitive plans early. But my son thinks it's the best season of the year!!

If we do get lucky enough to be there for a weekend my #1 priority would be to see the parade. I can only imagine it becoming extremely congested on the parade route, any suggestions for viewing locations? Is there a handicap viewing area if you have a group member in a wheelchair?

If we do get lucky enough to be there for a weekend my #1 priority would be to see the parade. I can only imagine it becoming extremely congested on the parade route, any suggestions for viewing locations? Is there a handicap viewing area if you have a group member in a wheelchair?

since the parade route is so short finding a good spot is challenging, people wait up to 3 hours. When facing the Hat the left side of the street stays shaded, the right side is always in the sun and very,very hot. There is a wheelchair section, close to the tipboard by the statue of the director, it's a small area and I'm not sure how many people they allow in with the handicapped person.

Actually this year was the first year of SWW since Disney bought the franchise. There weren't many changes to the daily events. The main change was during the Stormtrooper pre-show, here's the full video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW6bmXPYqik

Count me in! Been saving up for a trip including SWW since we got back from the world last summer. Will be there the weekend of the 6th and the 14th would love to hit two weekends but am ecstatic just to be at one

Count me in! Been saving up for a trip including SWW since we got back from the world last summer. Will be there the weekend of the 6th and the 14th would love to hit two weekends but am ecstatic just to be at one

Welcome Aboard!! Now just impatiently waiting for the confirmation on the dates

Welcome Aboard!! Now just impatiently waiting for the confirmation on the dates

::yes::

since the parade route is so short finding a good spot is challenging, people wait up to 3 hours. When facing the Hat the left side of the street stays shaded, the right side is always in the sun and very,very hot. There is a wheelchair section, close to the tipboard by the statue of the director, it's a small area and I'm not sure how many people they allow in with the handicapped person.

Not sure about the parade, but for Hoopla only 1 person may accompany the guest in a w/c. My guess is that it's the same rules for the parade, but I could be wrong.

Hello Again Fellow SWW lovers, fans and FANATICS! :wave2:

While waiting for this thread to take shape and come to stardom I have been trolling the Boardwalk Resort thread trying to gather information about the best room for our needs. HOWEVER it has occurred to me that you folks might know better than they do because what most people on that thread are concerned with is getting the best room with a view whereas my boyfriend and I want what everyone wants when planning a fun filled SWW rush schedule& a room with quality, comfort and convenience for SWW schedule! As you might guess, I am getting what I would call a TON of blank stares so to speak, because most of the BW resort folks dont think of their star resort like we would.

:scratchin So I am rewinding& and now asking whom I probably should have asked in the first place& My fellow SWW nutz :rotfl:

Whom among you has ever stayed at the Boardwalk Inn side of the resort? And if you have can you help me with our priority list and give me some tips?

Our priority list is a great king size bed room that is as close/easy access to DHS walkway (we already know that BWV is closest but we wanted to say at BWI for our first time at the Boardwalk Resort). We dont mind walking through the resort as long as we can navigate it rather well. We only reserved a standard view, not on the club/concierge level, because lets face it, we will not be in the resort during the times that those bonuses are given/open. We might use the pool on Thursday (the day we arrive) and some breaks during the SWW but not very often if at all.

So can any of my fellow SWW nutz give us some helpful advice? I mean if we end up with a room with a view on those days we aren't at SWW would be nice, but really the view is the last thing on our list.

Thanks in advice! :worship:

The Sunrise Student or as Yulilin nicknamed me during SWW 2013 Sunshine :rotfl2:

Anything overlooking the Luna Park pool will put you near the walkway (cutting through the pool is an awesome shortcut to DHS). I'd also recommend requesting a lower floor, that way you can use the staircases that let you out by the pool and. Bypass the elevators altogether. I own at BWV, so it's been a long time since I looked at which views they offer on the Inn side, which did you book?

Joining in!! We are planning May 23-27 just an adults only trip! We took the kids last month and it was a BLAST. But we are looking forward to our own trip this time. Meeting up with 2 other friends.

You could say that we are Star Wars fans and that would be an understatement. My husband is an R2 builder, we are members of the 501st (have our trooper armor but have yet to start to build it) and currently hold a Lucasfilm license and our product will be in the Darth Mall!!! :cool1:

So this is a very exciting trip for us, for business and leisure. Don't go asking me anything though....because mums the word on any inside info. :)

Welcome to our thread...so what's the product? :bitelip::hyper:

Anything overlooking the Luna Park pool will put you near the walkway (cutting through the pool is an awesome shortcut to DHS). I'd also recommend requesting a lower floor, that way you can use the staircases that let you out by the pool and. Bypass the elevators altogether. I own at BWV, so it's been a long time since I looked at which views they offer on the Inn side, which did you book?

We booked a standard room on the INN side.

Have fun at BWV!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter