• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

So it's the same amount of people regardless of whether not there is a tour? Is there any disadvantage going on a tour day? One of the posts I read about the tour and dessert party scared me. Thanks.

So it's the same amount of people regardless of whether not there is a tour?
That's correct.
Is there any disadvantage going on a tour day?
Some might say there is. The tour guests are allowed into the party area before the other guests and get to choose tables first.
One of the posts I read about the tour and dessert party scared me.
How so?

That's correct.
Some might say there is. The tour guests are allowed into the party area before the other guests and get to choose tables first.
How so?
Thanks for the info. The review I read mentioned how they were waiting to get in and the tour people went in ahead amd grabbed all the tables. It made it sound like a zoo and packed because of it. I guess I have to decide it its worth it. I really don't want to change my days around. Is there a lot of tables? I would hate to wait and have everyone get in first and not find a place.

The review I read mentioned how they were waiting to get in and the tour people went in ahead and grabbed all the tables. It made it sound like a zoo and packed because of it.
Concentrated, yes, packed, I don't think so. It's designed, and actually spieled to guests at check-in, that it's a mix and mingle affair and suggests that guests should interact with other guests or explore the Launch Bay during the party.
Is there a lot of tables? I would hate to wait and have everyone get in first and not find a place.
Not a lot, but there is an adequate number of tables, some of which are not in the actual party area.

Thank you for responding! I guess we'll just have to deal, then. I don't feel like re-arranging 2 days of the trip just for the first choice of tables, especially since there aren't any chairs anyway.

Concentrated, yes, packed, I don't think so. It's designed, and actually spieled to guests at check-in, that it's a mix and mingle affair and suggests that guests should interact with other guests or explore the Launch Bay during the party.
Not a lot, but there is an adequate number of tables, some of which are not in the actual party area.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to go ahead and keep it. My kids will probably want to walk around launch bay anyway since the partyy is the first time we will be in HS this trip.

The CM at the party we went to that was on a tour night said they get lots of complaints and a lady waiting near us for the party to open was very unhappy to find out another whole group was going to get first access. One pays a LOT for this party and to be told you are the "general admission" group to a party that has already started just does not lend itself to good vibes.

I was sick all night
Get well.
The CM at the party we went to that was on a tour night said they get lots of complaints and a lady waiting near us for the party to open was very unhappy to find out another whole group was going to get first access. One pays a LOT for this party and to be told you are the "general admission" group to a party that has already started just does not lend itself to good vibes.
Understandable, I'm baffled as to why they do it. The tours are separate from the party and are handled by DHS, they call the shots regarding stuff like that, let them know what you think.
What nights are the tours?
Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat.

Understandable, I'm baffled as to why they do it. The tours are separate from the party and are handled by DHS, they call the shots regarding stuff like that, let them know what you think.
Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat.

A wealth of information as always. Thank you for your contributions here!!

Make sure to email with your thoughts
Wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

A wealth of information as always. Thank you for your contributions here!!
He's our secret weapon :)

Wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com
Trust me, we did. Disney handled our complaint and feedback to our satisfaction. We booked 7 special events during a 9-day stay. This was the only disappointment we had. Again, we would absolutely book the party in the future...I think it's probably the best one...however, just not on a tour night. Seems a lot of people are blind-sided and I personally would have liked to have been more informed when we booked it. Just knowing a tour will coincide on your party night does not prepare you for how you will feel in real time.

I personally feel that if indeed the VIP tour is VIP, then give them their own special section, even early accesses is ok. Alternately, if this is the last event of the tour, simply have the guides say, it's been great, the tour ends here, enjoy the party and fireworks...then let them enter alongside all the other guests who also paid heavily for this special event.

Trust me, we did. Disney handled our complaint and feedback to our satisfaction. We booked 7 special events during a 9-day stay. This was the only disappointment we had. Again, we would absolutely book the party in the future...I think it's probably the best one...however, just not on a tour night. Seems a lot of people are blind-sided and I personally would have liked to have been more informed when we booked it. Just knowing a tour will coincide on your party night does not prepare you for how you will feel in real time.

I personally feel that if indeed the VIP tour is VIP, then give them their own special section, even early accesses is ok. Alternately, if this is the last event of the tour, simply have the guides say, it's been great, the tour ends here, enjoy the party and fireworks...then let them enter alongside all the other guests who also paid heavily for this special event.

I just e-mailed Disney to express concerns about our party coinciding with a tour night and while I don't expect them to do anything about it since we aren't going until August, I want to have this in my email such that if we go in August (rearranging our plans is a bit of a hassle at this point since tour nights are on so many days during the week), and have a similar experience, I will take their response, which I'm guessing will try to reassure that "we will have a magical experience nonetheless and won't be impacted", to Guests Relations that it couldn't have been the exact opposite of what I was told despite expressing concerns early on since Disney seemingly has a habit of simply only reacting and not necessarily preventing...:confused3

Though, out of curiosity, how did they handle your complaint and feedback?

I just e-mailed Disney to express concerns about our party coinciding with a tour night and while I don't expect them to do anything about it since we aren't going until August, I want to have this in my email such that if we go in August (rearranging our plans is a bit of a hassle at this point since tour nights are on so many days during the week), and have a similar experience, I will take their response, which I'm guessing will try to reassure that "we will have a magical experience nonetheless and won't be impacted", to Guests Relations that it couldn't have been the exact opposite of what I was told despite expressing concerns early on since Disney seemingly has a habit of simply only reacting and not necessarily preventing...:confused3

Though, out of curiosity, how did they handle your complaint and feedback?

We also have reservations in August on a tour day. It's my DDs birthday celebration so changing the day is not an option for us. I will also email my concerns since we are paying (for us) a good deal of money to celebrate in style at HS. Now that I know the tour gets in early we'll at least be aware that folks will be there before us but I agree with the other comments that there is no reason for them to given preferential treatment to one group of paying guests over another group of paying quests. If they want to give them VIP treatment then fine but don't give others a less than enjoyable experience to accommodate the "VIPs". Either make it equal access or give the VIPs their own space somewhere else. I'll post the response if I get one.

Last edited:
If there is enough push back, maybe they'll review the process and discover that in an attempt to enhance 20% of the guest's experience, they've devalued, albeit minor, the remaining 80% of the guest's experience.

Early admission by tour guests is not an issue for everyone because if you're a grab and go and check out the Launch Bay type person, or if you're a social butterfly like Yuliln 3, and table hop for the entire party, you don't need a table. If not, a non tour day is your best bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter