***Official September 2020 Thread***

Still watching the weather.
Tropical Depression 20 is now "Teddy" and still expected to head into the Central Atlantic. Yay!
Another system has come off of W. Africa also does NOT appear to be a major threat to FL. Yay! From a weather site:
"Disturbance #2 will be our next system to watch in the east Atlantic. The consensus of computer forecast models is that it will slowly move toward the Caribbean islands as a relatively weak system. Air flowing out of expected-hurricane Teddy may create a hostile upper-wind environment keeping it from strengthening.
For now, it’s a long way away and forecast to move slowly, so it’s nothing to worry about. It should take a week just to get to the Caribbean, if it ever makes it.
Even with all these systems running around, no tropical threats to South Florida are expected to develop this week
."

I don't claim to know much about Meteorology, but it seems two storms close together, Rene and Paulette, carved a path up the center of the Atlantic and this is affecting the paths of storms in their wake as they come off of W. Africa. Good news for now for the entire east coast!

Just back and while it was definitely rainy this weekend, it kept temps down. I liked the umbrella much more than the poncho. I'd also definitely like to remind people to pack something to eat especially if you have a late flight. Stores and restaurants are closing earlier these days. We had instant oatmeal as a midnight snack the first night but were so hungry it tasted absolutely divine. I'm so glad I threw some packs in my bag last minute, or the vending machine would've been all that we had.

Our flight home is today. Currently we are stuck in the Seattle airport and the airlines cancelled all flights home due to smoke from the wildfires. They were kind enough to schedule our return flight on Wednesday 😳👎. Wishing we could have been stuck in Orlando with all of you at wdw or just starting your trip!

Our flight home is today. Currently we are stuck in the Seattle airport and the airlines cancelled all flights home due to smoke from the wildfires. They were kind enough to schedule our return flight on Wednesday 😳👎. Wishing we could have been stuck in Orlando with all of you at wdw or just starting your trip!
We are flying out of Seattle next week. I hope the airport is reopened by then. I guess a shortened vacation is better than no vacation. 😢

We are flying out of Seattle next week. I hope the airport is reopened by then. I guess a shortened vacation is better than no vacation. 😢

We made it to my parents by driving through the night in a rental car. The things we do for a Disney vacation 😂. We had a good time at Disney during a unique time in history. I hope that everyone else has a good trip too ( a safe and uneventful one too).

My dad got stuck in Seattle on the way home also on Saturday. He would still be there but he was able to fly to Portland on Sunday and then got a rental car to drive the rest of the way home to southern Oregon. The smoke is just awful there. Luckily their house is still okay but so many others lost their homes. :sad1:

So we have arrived! Check into the Riviera and our rooms were not ready. They didn't even have us with our traveling party even though we had our reservations linked and had called twice previously. It is now 520 Orlando time and I still do not have a room. Party we are traveling with are also at the park with us and have not been able to make room charges with their magic bands since the first purchase. Kind of off to a bumpy start but hope things get better.

Epcot is very slow we are currently in line at Test Track for cleaning otherwise it would have been a 10 minute wait.

We have not had any problems with social distancing or any other covid-19 issues so far on this trip. Orlando Airport was also unbelievably dead!

So we have arrived! Check into the Riviera and our rooms were not ready. They didn't even have us with our traveling party even though we had our reservations linked and had called twice previously. It is now 520 Orlando time and I still do not have a room. Party we are traveling with are also at the park with us and have not been able to make room charges with their magic bands since the first purchase. Kind of off to a bumpy start but hope things get better.

Epcot is very slow we are currently in line at Test Track for cleaning otherwise it would have been a 10 minute wait.

We have not had any problems with social distancing or any other covid-19 issues so far on this trip. Orlando Airport was also unbelievably dead!
I hope all is well soon. Keep us posted

Last edited:
My dad got stuck in Seattle on the way home also on Saturday. He would still be there but he was able to fly to Portland on Sunday and then got a rental car to drive the rest of the way home to southern Oregon. The smoke is just awful there. Luckily their house is still okay but so many others lost their homes. :sad1:
Glad your dad made it home and their home is okay. Smoke is pretty awful. We are pretty close to one of the evacuation zones but they have contained it enough that we are not currently in the “packed and ready to go” area. All safe here and hoping we brought back some of that Florida rain 🌧. Looking forward to reading about all of your trips!

And looks like on the 20th as well for AK. At least that is what Touring Plans sent out. Haven’t seen the hours updated yet on MDE.
I got the email form TP also. I check MDE park hours and they do not show those times as indicated by TP. But, why in the world does DSprings close at 10pm on a Saturday night???

And looks like on the 20th as well for AK. At least that is what Touring Plans sent out. Haven’t seen the hours updated yet on MDE.
I got the email form TP also. I check MDE park hours and they do not show those times as indicated by TP. But, why in the world does DSprings close at 10pm on a Saturday night???
My MDE shows updated hours for both days. I thought someone mentioned the 20th already so I didn't mention it, but yes, AK does have extended hours on the 20th

My MDE shows updated hours for both days. I thought someone mentioned the 20th already so I didn't mention it, but yes, AK does have extended hours on the 20th
Oh thank you. I hadn’t seen it mentioned, but easily could have missed it. This is indeed good news as the 20th is my AK day!

Oh thank you. I hadn’t seen it mentioned, but easily could have missed it. This is indeed good news as the 20th is my AK day!
yay, that'll be nice for you to get the extra park hour.

I was just looking and no doesn't look like the hours info had been shared in here yet, but was on the covid info thread. Glad they're extending some hours as necessary.

I just got back from a truly unusual Disney Adventure.

I'll be posting videos on my "Solo Traveler" YouTube but I must say it was a great trip. The weekend (12 and 13) was stupid busy. I was foolish to set my only DHS day as Saturday. Got a boarding group - 26 - but the ride broke down twice and they never reached my group. But during the week it was crazy slow.

Who would expect a "walk-on" to the Mountains at MK most of the day? I rode 7DMT four times - twice close to park opening (10 and 20 min wait) and twice around 6PM (15 and 5! minute wait). Wait till you see the first ride video I've ever done - Big Thunder in the pouring rain. It was so much fun!

Safari right at opening was a 5 minute wait - and so many animals out for breakfast. FOP? Four times. Longest wait 20min. I actually got tired of it.

I did a Universal day. Got there about half-an-hour after opening and was done with both parks by 5PM. Rode everything. Most two and three times. Even Hagrids - four times! It was my first time and I'm so glad I didn't watch any ride videos. A couple of great surprises.

This was the first time I rented a car and I'm glad I did. Sometimes the transpo from POP was nuts. Why did they build a transportation system that cannot run when there is a treat of lightening in the area? And having a car for evening dining or food runs (Fuddruckers and FiveGuys) sure beat waiting in line for POP's limited menu. One night I drove into Celebration to just walk around since I couldn't resort hop.

For those of my fellow Disers just now arriving and going soon I wish upon you a wonderful trip!

Not only spoiled staying on-site for the first time but spoiled being able to walk to 2 parks and having access to the best pool on property! ;) We just got back from YC and LOVED it. Have so much fun!!
SAB is still our fav pool...just love it! Sounds like you had an awesome time, great for you! ::yes::
Are you able to walk fully around the Boardwalk now? When we were on the Boardwalk end of July, because of the NBA, it was blocked off starting SAB...Can I assume that all of that has now been removed and SAB is fully open? :confused: When we walked part of the Boardwalk, it was really quiet, not crowded at all, ESPN was in fact closed...Is the Boardwalk more vibrant now..what about ESPN, open now?:confused: TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter