***Official September 2017 Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at my link a few posts up. Those were posted on another website but you can see they came from Disney themselves. Look at MK hours and the days they close at 7:00 are most likely the party days according to Kenny the pirate. As for discounts, those are usually released in April for September- but keep an eye out just in case.
Thanks so much. Will check your post.

How did you get these if they are not available on Disneys website yet?
I'm just curious :)
Someone posted them on our Facebook group. I noticed on the document that they actually came from Disney so I figured they'd be safe to pass on. Obviously they are subject to change, and probably will, like usual, before our trips, but it gives us something I figured.

Someone posted them on our Facebook group. I noticed on the document that they actually came from Disney so I figured they'd be safe to pass on. Obviously they are subject to change, and probably will, like usual, before our trips, but it gives us something I figured.

Oh okay! Thanks for sharing them :teeth:

I would like to join. Just starting planning our 5th trip. I think I would like to try and get in on the free dining promotion. Hopefully it will be offered again this year. Originally looking to book early October but It looks like last year dates only included October 1st, so I will most likely book 9/30-10/7. Planning on POR or POP. May even consider trying Sports. The budget will be the deciding factor. Lol
Already getting excited, the planning is definitely part of the fun.
Anyone know if a thread has been started to watch for free dining? I followed one a few years back and it really gave me a heads up on calling first thing in the morning to catch a reservation. I can't seem to find a thread, so maybe there isn't one yet.

So excited to be trying DW in September! We will be trying a split stay - 9/16-9/21 at BC and then 9/21-9/24 at Poly. We were able to book our airfare for all five of us using credit card miles on JetBlue! Otherwise, it would have cost at least $1400 when fares were released. I'm an Excel geek, so a tentative schedule is already all laid out, so I could figure out dining.

There was someone who asked about discounts. Here is a link to historical discounts offered (links directly to the 2016 part of the page): https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#2016

I'm joining in too now that I officially got the go ahead! Looking at being there for a shorter trip, September 7th-11th, and we're looking at staying at the cabins at Fort Wilderness! I haven't booked anything yet, because I'm hoping for a pretty good room only discount. Unlike our last trip where we went from van to can't for 8 days, I actually think the only park tickets we are buying are MNSSHP tickets hopefully for that Sunday night. The rest of the time we'll resort hop, do campground activities, go to HDDR, and if a local friend can get us free tickets to either Universal or Aquatica (he works at both part time), then we'll do one of those parks one day. Definitely going for a more laid back vibe!

I would like to join. Just starting planning our 5th trip. I think I would like to try and get in on the free dining promotion. Hopefully it will be offered again this year. Originally looking to book early October but It looks like last year dates only included October 1st, so I will most likely book 9/30-10/7. Planning on POR or POP. May even consider trying Sports. The budget will be the deciding factor. Lol
Already getting excited, the planning is definitely part of the fun.
Anyone know if a thread has been started to watch for free dining? I followed one a few years back and it really gave me a heads up on calling first thing in the morning to catch a reservation. I can't seem to find a thread, so maybe there isn't one yet.
I have not seen one yet. I have been watching for one too. I did a bounce back so I already have the free dining, but I like to watch that page too.

We'll be staying 9/09-09/23 offsite at Regal Palms. Plan on 5 days in the parks with added water parks (which are the kids' favorite and should help with the heat!)

I'm in :) I'll be staying at Pop Century 9/26 - 10/4. I may switch to Bonnet Creek 9/30-4 with a friend but if I get dining plan, I'll be on property the whole time:)
Hoping for my first MNSSHP and to check out Trader Sam's for the first time!

I'm in :) I'll be staying at Pop Century 9/26 - 10/4. I may switch to Bonnet Creek 9/30-4 with a friend but if I get dining plan, I'll be on property the whole time:)
Hoping for my first MNSSHP and to check out Trader Sam's for the first time!
I've stayed at Bonnet Creek. It was years ago, but the rooms were very nice, very large.

I officially got Roomie on board, so she and I are planning on September 7-11th at Fort Wilderness in the cabins! We've got a couple of local friends we are inviting to join us for a staycation! I'm so excited!

Tentatively joining the group!! :yay:

Hoping to book a bounce back for another September trip when we go to Disney in May!! My daughter LOVED the Mommy & Me trip we took last September! She had a blast at the Halloween party!

Looking at September 9-17 -- and doing the party on Friday September 15th.

Not sure what resort we're looking at! Will see what the Bounce Back offer looks like! Leaning strongly toward one of the Moderates

Last edited:
Howdy folks!

I booked a few days ago for September 8th-17th.

Originally I had wanted to do All-Star Movies but my husband wanted to wait longer and then Movies Standard rooms became all booked up so we switched to All-Star Sports. I'm sure we'll be just fine there.

It's hard to believe it's getting close-ish to my 180 days when I've been planning since August 2015!

Tomorrow night, a local bar in my area is doing a Disney trivia night and me and my friend (&travel agent!) are going! Ive never used a travel agent for a Disney trip before but she's booking and organizing everything for the podcast meet up events so it'll be easier for everyone if we book through her:) Once we're together, we're calling Disney and putting my deposit down for Pop 9/26-10/4 :) I'll have dining plan the whole time so that helps and my goal for arrival day is to check in, hopefully drop my stuff off, then head to the new Geyser Point Bar & Grille at Wilderness Lodge for some food before I go to my first MNSSHP that Tuesday night. Without park hours it's a big difficult but I'm pretty sure there will be a MNSSHP that night. Before the party I'm also upgrading my package tickets to an Annual Pass.

Sorry for repeating info, I'm just so excited to be so close to booking!! :D ADR day is rapidly approaching and I'm so excited!!

Tomorrow night, a local bar in my area is doing a Disney trivia night and me and my friend (&travel agent!) are going! Ive never used a travel agent for a Disney trip before but she's booking and organizing everything for the podcast meet up events so it'll be easier for everyone if we book through her:) Once we're together, we're calling Disney and putting my deposit down for Pop 9/26-10/4 :) I'll have dining plan the whole time so that helps and my goal for arrival day is to check in, hopefully drop my stuff off, then head to the new Geyser Point Bar & Grille at Wilderness Lodge for some food before I go to my first MNSSHP that Tuesday night. Without park hours it's a big difficult but I'm pretty sure there will be a MNSSHP that night. Before the party I'm also upgrading my package tickets to an Annual Pass.

Sorry for repeating info, I'm just so excited to be so close to booking!! :D ADR day is rapidly approaching and I'm so excited!!

Surprise, I booked my trip and bought flights today!

We'll be staying at the Poly 9/10 - 9/20 in a DVC studio. We own at AKL, but thought we'd like to be on the monorail for a change during F&W (our favorite thing!). Haven't decided when we're doing MNSSHP (2nd favorite thing!) yet...so many decisions, so little time! It's just me & hubs, no kids (just ones with 4 legs).

I made my ADRs today. Mostly got what I wanted. Had to move a couple days around and abandon Biergarten, in order to make Be Our Guest dinner work. Now trying to decide between Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace for late lunch or dinner. Still haven't purchased flight tickets. Hopefully, soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter