***Official Planning Thread -DECEMBER 2024 - Welcome all!***

Is anyone else planning holiday themed outfits to wear to the parks? Would love to see your ideas. I’ve officially got my park outfits planned/ordered and excited to enjoy my first actual Christmas season. (We went in 2012 the first week of January so caught some decorations a few days but missed all the park fun).

No so much themed. My husband has both a Spiderman and Wolverine Christmas t-shirt to wear. I wear headbands a lot so I'm going to buy some holiday patterns. I think other two people traveling with us have Christmas t-shirts? And we have those light up Christmas light necklaces that all of us will wear to the party!

Ok thanks. Looking for room discount first week.

Us too! We arrive on 12/3. I think we may be out of luck on discounts because that's the week after Thanksgiving? Maybe it's more crowded than the other weeks. I'm thinking that because the free dinning offer didn't include that week, which I thought was weird.

I’m using a BB discount 12/6-12/12 but I now have plane booked for 12/5 return on 12/12 and when I called to add day to beg of trip I was told nothing available not even at rack rate for that night,

Dang! Looks like that’s going to be a busy week then.. i would have figured early December wouldn’t have been all sold out but wow!
Yep I was shocked especially since I’ve been waiting for a Dec discount but even if there is one of some sort I guess it won’t include resorts that are already full🙁 Guess it was a good thing Imtook advantage of that BB offer while it was available!

I’m using a BB discount 12/6-12/12 but I now have plane booked for 12/5 return on 12/12 and when I called to add day to beg of trip I was told nothing available not even at rack rate for that night,

Oh no! There are a lot of other places with availability, can you stay somewhere else for one night?

I don't trust Disney booking sometimes. It may become available later!

Would you like me to add you to the list? Or wait until you nail down dates?

Oh no! There are a lot of other places with availability, can you stay somewhere else for one night?

Don’t really want to do a split stay this trip. Usually stay at CSR but wanted to use skyliner this trip so much easier with an ECV. I’m going to keep checking for availability or possibly change flight. So as of right now it’s 12/6-12 at Pop.

Don’t really want to do a split stay this trip. Usually stay at CSR but wanted to use skyliner this trip so much easier with an ECV. I’m going to keep checking for availability or possibly change flight. So as of right now it’s 12/6-12 at Pop.

Added! Let me know if you'd like me to change anything!

I’ve been watching for Pop around these dates, too. Interestingly, if you try to book a long stay that includes your night, they have availability.

I only wanted 3 nights, with no luck. But if I tried 10 nights the 3 I want are available.

I just checked and the 5th though the 12th is available at Pop Century but when I check just the 5th it’s not. Worst case you could always rebook and cancel your original reservation if they won’t add the night of the 5th.

I just checked and the 5th though the 12th is available at Pop Century but when I check just the 5th it’s not. Worst case you could always rebook and cancel your original reservation if they won’t add the night of the 5th.
I saw that it was available from 5th to 12th but I have a discounted BB reservation and when I called to have the extra day added they insisted it wasn’t available for the discount and if I cancel and rebook I lose the discount altogether….doesn’t make sense since if I had requested that date when I made original reservation it would have been fine and they told me at the time I could always call and make changes…

I saw that it was available from 5th to 12th but I have a discounted BB reservation and when I called to have the extra day added they insisted it wasn’t available for the discount and if I cancel and rebook I lose the discount altogether….doesn’t make sense since if I had requested that date when I made original reservation it would have been fine and they told me at the time I could always call and make changes…
Oh I missed the part about it being a bounce back. Yes, definitely can’t cancel that! I have a bounce back booked too for December 1st - 9th. I called a few weeks ago to add November 30th at full price and it was a very long phone call that ended up needing to be transferred to Guest Services because the cast member couldn’t figure out how to add that night at the beginning without losing the bounce back discount I had in place.

Last weekend DH and I decided to take advantage of my two week break from my school district job over Christmas and go to WDW from 12/28 to 1/3. We invited my aunt and cousin but they were not able to make the trip. DD who will be 23 by then is coming with us. We will be staying at the Beach Club. We stay there often. We typically do WDW every 5 years with our last trip being over Thanksgiving break 2019. Lots of changes since then so I am doing my research.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest