***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: My Dad and I both rode FoP.
The ride is incredible in every way possible (my opinion). The ride is definitely intense, and I do agree with the Soarin + Star Tours comparison. I would say that it is worth the wait, but it is hard to fathom waiting 4 hours for a ride. It took us 15 minutes from the time of entering the FP area to riding the attraction. The FP line was interesting, but wish I could have seen the floating avatar. I can't wait to ride it again!

I still haven't been on Na'vi River Journey. I will probably do that during EMH sometime this week.

We had lunch at Satuli, and I have to say that it is now my favorite quick service location in AK easily.

Last edited:
Anyone try that multicolored drink??? Good?
Good but sweet for me
Do the leg things cut into your legs at all? Do your feet touch the ground or something else? Do your knees press up against anything?

So many questions but one of my legs has a lot of issues. Thanks for the video.
As you can see in the video a had the tip of my feet (toes) on the ground rest of feet elevated but i could've put my feet flat. Your shins/kness press against foam (i took pictures will post later) the leg restraint touched the back of my leg but it wasn't tight

Can this thread go back to answering everyone's questions about the new Land?
I'd agree, just isn't this the one place to discuss all things Pandora? That discussion was related.

Disney math at work: "The wait's ONLY three hours!!!" :rotfl:

Seriously, I AM starting to feel a little more optimistic about our visit to AK on Sunday and Monday. I appreciate SO MUCH all the live reports that have been posted here. :disrocks:
Indeed!! But for holiday wkd + opening wknd + EMH day, I think anyone would have expected longer waits today. I posted a pic earlier where NRJ AND FoP were each only 90min...

Now...

IMG_4216.PNG

I rode FOP during the DVC preview. Mind you, I am kind of a ride wimp. I love BTMRR and SDMT, but don't ride Space Mtn., Everest, RnRc, or TOT. I don't get motion sick, but don't ride Star Tours simply because I didn't like it that much.

I did better than I thought I would! The chair thing isn't bad at all. I had a teenage boy next to me, who immediately kind of "leaned in" when he sat down. I was not planning on that, haha. I stayed more "sitting up" than he did. I felt the back restraint come up and it was fine. My feet were on the floor, heels raised maybe a little. I don't remember noticing the leg restraints, so they couldn't have been bad.

It is intense at times. When I could tell the Banshee was going to dive or do something I didn't like, I just closed my eyes. Yes, I obviously felt the chair moving up and down while my eyes were closed but it wasn't bad. Somehow I could tell when it was "okay" to open them again. Incredible. I will ride it again (with a FP hopefully!!!) this summer when we are back in WDW with our kids.

It was incredible. I was definitely nervous but glad I tried it.

I'd agree, just isn't this the one place to discuss all things Pandora? That discussion was related.

Indeed!! But for holiday wkd + opening wknd + EMH day, I think anyone would have expected longer waits today. I posted a pic earlier where NRJ AND FoP were each only 90min...

Now...

View attachment 240671

With all the previews and this being Monday, I'm not surprised. A lot of the more traditional opening day park goers may have ridden ahead of time.

With all the previews and this being Monday, I'm not surprised. A lot of the more traditional opening day park goers may have ridden ahead of time.
That might be some of it... but still... Memorial Day weekend?? I'm still surprised by the shorter wait times than expected.

Like I said yesterday... FEA and RnR tied NRJ yesterday. Now, is it Kali that has a longer wait than NRJ?

I know I'll keep this thread in my saved ones and compare to SW Land opening... and even Toy Story...

Seemed far less crowded today than yesterday. Parked close enough to walk into the park vs tram. No line to enter AK or Pandora at 3. Quick meet up pic above and then rode FOP. Yesterday was 40 minutes to the first preshow; today took 11. Still weren't running single rider but a couple times walked back asking for any singles as they needed them. Still a line for the gift shop but seemed short.

We loved FoP yesterday & have FPs for NJ Thurs.

Kids want to ride FoP again--anyone there at rope drop today & head straight over? What were waits?

Good but sweet for me

As you can see in the video a had the tip of my feet (toes) on the ground rest of feet elevated but i could've put my feet flat. Your shins/kness press against foam (i took pictures will post later) the leg restraint touched the back of my leg but it wasn't tight
Thanks great video also good to know that yiuncan keep your feet flat if you want to ....

Walked into Pandora no line.
Ordered lunch at Satu'li with the mobile app, super fast
Talked to the manager and he said that they are adding it to Pizzafari, Flame Tree and Restaurantosaurus

Awesome. I'll definitely use it at Flame Tree. Did he give a time frame?

I just wanted to mention that my family decided to do FoP again at about 3:15pm. Posted wait time was 90 mins. but we ended up waiting a little over 2.5 hours.

At 5:30pm, we waited in a very short line and entered Windtraders in 5 mins. Afternoon/evening seems to be to be the best time to go.

If we decide to head to Pandora during EMH, I'll be sure to report back. I spoke with a CM and they said they are trying to avoid closing off the FoP and NRJ lines before EMH as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter