***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who is interest in another play-by-play......Welcome to another post of waiting in line for FoP! 120 min posted wait time when I got into the queue, walked right to the caverns. So far about 10 min faster than yesterday's 5 hour wait time (originally posted 120). (Yesterday: Caverns to airlock was 41 min). Just got to the airlock. I'll post the full schedule once I'm out. Stay tuned!

Recap of my wait time below. I'm usually the most impatient park goer ever, since I'm usually a single rider (and usually won't get on a ride without FP) I get antsy if I ever have to wait more than 30 min. But today's insanely long wait didn't make me want to go on FoP any less.

I think I also lucked out with the people who I've waited in line with, they've all been awesome. People in line always ask me if I think the wait is worth it (especially today) but I'm always hesitant to respond because I don't want them to come out being disappointed based on my personal bias (this is probably my new favorite ride at WDW)

(Times below are when I arrived at each different room/location)
12:19pm entrance
1:07 caverns
1:48 airlock
1:50 pre-bioluminescence
2:08 bioluminescence
3:15 lab
4:12 banshee mural room
4:43 link room
4:50-4:55 (estimate, didn't get the time) instruction video room

Loved reading this thread over the weekend and getting all the reports from opening. We go in August and I can't wait to see Pandora. My boys will be too once, on the night before we leave, we tell them where we are really headed on vacation. They keep seeing commercials on TV and tell me how they wish we could go this year and see it, lol.

I still have a few weeks to get my touring plans in order before my FP+ window opens. Still going back and forth between FPing NRJ or FoP. We have two days and one evening at AK so I will try for one on each day but really want to see the FoP que. Hoping on our first AK day to FP NRJ and hit FoP at RD, that way if the line is too insane we can always skip it knowing we have a FP for it later in the week. Our second AK day our second to last day so hoping I can get a FoP FP.

I also an really looking forward to trying Satuli Canteen. My boys are pretty picky eaters but I am tired of always getting usual theme park food. I figure they should fine with the chicken or beef with rice and no sauce, if not they can get the kids hot dog. I don't think they would like the cheeseburger pods because neither one eats mustard on their burgers.

The mobile ordering sounds great but has anyone heard when or if they are going to start accepting QS dining credits?

81 more days woohoo!!

Forgot to add a couple off things
It seems rooms D get the pre show video without the decontamination segment and the weird "oh wait a minute, put the standby video" my experience the 3 times I've been in D
Also at Satu'li the rice id's very bland, flavorless imo. With the kids order out doesn't come with any sauce but you can ask for a small cup of it. We did that today and they gave us the 3 to taste

I rode FOP during the DVC preview. Mind you, I am kind of a ride wimp. I love BTMRR and SDMT, but don't ride Space Mtn., Everest, RnRc, or TOT. I don't get motion sick, but don't ride Star Tours simply because I didn't like it that much.

I did better than I thought I would! The chair thing isn't bad at all. I had a teenage boy next to me, who immediately kind of "leaned in" when he sat down. I was not planning on that, haha. I stayed more "sitting up" than he did. I felt the back restraint come up and it was fine. My feet were on the floor, heels raised maybe a little. I don't remember noticing the leg restraints, so they couldn't have been bad.

It is intense at times. When I could tell the Banshee was going to dive or do something I didn't like, I just closed my eyes. Yes, I obviously felt the chair moving up and down while my eyes were closed but it wasn't bad. Somehow I could tell when it was "okay" to open them again. Incredible. I will ride it again (with a FP hopefully!!!) this summer when we are back in WDW with our kids.

It was incredible. I was definitely nervous but glad I tried it.

I'm nervous too. You mentioned the lower back restraint was fine; would you say the ride was in anyway rough on your back? I've read reports that say it is a smooth ride, but others say it is similar to Star Tours which is kind of jerky.
I would hate to miss out, but I don't want to do anything I will regret either.

I'm nervous too. You mentioned the lower back restraint was fine; would you say the ride was in anyway rough on your back? I've read reports that say it is a smooth ride, but others say it is similar to Star Tours which is kind of jerky.
I would hate to miss out, but I don't want to do anything I will regret either.

I have lower back trouble and rode it twice last Monday during the AP preview. It did not aggravate my back at all. I agree with the reports that the ride is smooth with no jerking. I do not think you will regret riding it.

I survived opening weekend!

We went yesterday (Sunday, 5/28). Arrived at AK around 2pm and no lines, no wait to get into the park. Felt like a normal park day. We walked by the Pandora entrance and saw how they had it prepped for a queue, but there was no line waiting to get in. We didn't go in then. We thought we'd head to Pandora around 6:30 & eat at Satu'li before our FOP FP, but there was a looooong line to get in at that point. So we ate elsewhere and entered Pandora at our FP time.

Wow, wow, WOW! I'm so impressed with what they did - really amazing, the scale of it all, especially the floating mountains. The sight lines are incredible! And FOP blew me away; just astounding. Got to ride it twice thanks to the gift of an unused rider switch that matched our party size! First time, I was very comfortable in the seat. Second time, it squeezed me in so hard, I literally could not take a deep breath. And I'm only 5'1", 120lbs. IDK what happened.

We spent some time after just checking out Pandora after dark. The bioluminescence is very cool, but I think I actually enjoyed all the details in daylight more. Line for gift shop was crazy; easily an hour. 2 hour wait for NRR; we have FP for it in July, so we skipped it. We had our fill and skipped EMH.

I'm glad we have lots yet to explore for our next visit!

thanks for the review. The restraint system squeezing you sounds like a malfunction given your height and weight. This it the first time I've heard of a situation like this. Were you positioned any differently on the seat the 2nd time? Not good IMO.

I imagine the deal with accepting the dining credits would be that it's one thing to take an order with a credit card in the app, but it's a whole different ballgame to set up the app to recognize which items are eligible for the dining plan, what can be substituted, what drinks/desserts go with how many credits you're using, separating the dining credit part of the order from the rest and doing payment for each, etc. And the dining credit system probably means merging the app with the resort system or something like that. Way more complicated.

I have lower back trouble and rode it twice last Monday during the AP preview. It did not aggravate my back at all. I agree with the reports that the ride is smooth with no jerking. I do not think you will regret riding it.

I can't tell you how happy I was to hear this! :banana:

Also at Satu'li the rice id's very bland, flavorless imo. With the kids order out doesn't come with any sauce but you can ask for a small cup of it. We did that today and they gave us the 3 to taste

This actually makes me happy. My kids are used to plain white rice and don't eat seasoned rice. They'll be content with the beef over white rice.

We just left.Both entrance and exit could be done through the Tiffins bridge.

I don't really understand how you access the land and there being lines to enter. That sounds really restrictive and like the area is really small (one way in and out?)

What time should we try to get there tomorrow morning to rope drop FOP without a FP? We will need to do rider switch as well. 7 am?

For anyone who is interest in another play-by-play......Welcome to another post of waiting in line for FoP! 120 min posted wait time when I got into the queue, walked right to the caverns. So far about 10 min faster than yesterday's 5 hour wait time (originally posted 120). (Yesterday: Caverns to airlock was 41 min). Just got to the airlock. I'll post the full schedule once I'm out. Stay tuned!

This is for those who are asking "how much longer from this point in the line?"
120 min posted wait time (accurate wait time)

Times listed below are the times that I reached each part of the queue:

7:21pm entrance walked right to the caves

7:23 cavern 1

7:36 cavern 2

7:56 airlock

8:00 pre-bioluminescence

8:09 bioluminescence

8:32 lab

8:56 banshee mural

9:11 "wait may be longer than expected" announcement

9:12 lines to the link chamber

9:18 link chamber

Walked out of the ride at 9:38pm and FoP was closed to everyone except FP and resort guests.

Last edited:
I will be in DAK on Wednesday. Hoping that being a weekday it will be slightly less busy. B

If I get there at rope drop and rush to the boat ride how long do you think the wait would be? We have FP for FOP luckily.

I will be in DAK on Wednesday. Hoping that being a weekday it will be slightly less busy. B

If I get there at rope drop and rush to the boat ride how long do you think the wait would be? We have FP for FOP luckily.
I will be there Wednesday as well. I think you should be fine. You might have a wait but it shouldn't be too bad. At least not 90+ minutes bad at rope drop.

Thoroughly enjoying the play by play experiences. We're heading to DW on Wednesday! Hoping the new area calms down...a little.:earboy2:

Some very brief "dining" reviews...

Breakfast French toast (no picture)
It was good, not great. The French toast was a bit dry but the blueberry cream cheese topping was delicious. The sausage was on point.

IMG_2015.JPG
The Night Blossom

This drink is fantastic...if you like lime. I don't. It's a limeade base with some dessert pear flavor and passion fruit boba. The pear was great and boba were a nice addition. I got it as a treat for my 20mo to try (as I don't like lime) and she couldn't really drink it through the super wide paper straw. Still a bit too young I guess.

IMG_2053.JPG
The Blueberry Cheesecake

This was great - I will get it again. It was sweet enough, but not too sweet. Definitely a cream cheese mousse consistency, but didn't taste like you were biting into raw cream cheese. I ordered via the app, hit "I'm here" and it was ready within 2 minutes! Great feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter