***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here been able to get FPP for either Pandora ride the same day or maybe day before? It seems like there would be random cancellations but I've been refreshing fpp availability quite often and nothing ever comes up. Are they not releasing cancellations back into the system?

I've seen a couple of people comment on their luck in getting one same day, so they are getting released back into the pool. I just think that there are many, many people constantly refreshing right now.

As soon as you get in for your FP or earlier, stay in Pandora and don't leave. You won't have to worry about trying to re-enter Pandora and losing a chance to ride during EMH.

FoP's line has been closed mid-way through EMH... at approximately 12:00.

Hmmm. We have a 6pm for the river ride, then FPs for the safari and the new nighttime show. So I don't think that'll work for us. But I appreciate the advice!

The update to FJ was around that time to early this year I think. Well Disney enthusiasts say everything is the most intricate Disney has ever done and a new game changer and so forth, that's usually just part of the Disney spin. You'll get over that someday. It's kind of similar to the Apple enthusiasts and their addiction, I know because I used to be both of those. But you get over it eventually and see the reality over the brainwashing.
It was early December for FJ.

This might be a dumb question, but are they actually playing the drums? There's a few times they hit the drums and there is no audible sound as a result, which makes me wonder if they're just syncing their movements to a recorded song.

Yes, they break a lot. They repaired it just after that video.

As soon as you get in for your FP or earlier, stay in Pandora and don't leave. You won't have to worry about trying to re-enter Pandora and losing a chance to ride during EMH.

FoP's line has been closed mid-way through EMH... at approximately 12:00.
Our Fastpass for FoP ends around 8:30pm tomorrow evening, so after that when we get off the ride we plan on staying in Pandora because we are staying on site. If they aren't letting EMH guests without FP in until 10:30, when would be the best time to get in line for NRJ to maximize our time in the land before the rush of EMH guests (eg. By visiting the Canteen, Windtraders and then getting in line right before 10:30 when the line is shortest or another method)?

I am understanding this correctly, right? If I am eligible for EMH, they aren't going to make me leave if I am already there right?

Last edited:
I did see you go live with the lighting ceremony and was not impressed with the drum performance. I only watched for a little while and kept wondering when are they going to light things up. Hopefully it was just some kinks that needed fixed and the place will be lite up more.

The night lights keep breaking, that wasnt the ceremony.

Our Fastpass for FoP ends around 8:30pm tomorrow evening, so after that when we get off the ride we plan on staying in Pandora because we are staying on site. If they aren't letting EMH guests without FP in until 10:30, when would be the best time to get in line for NRJ to maximize our time in the land before the rush of EMH guests (eg. By visiting the Canteen, Windtraders and then getting in line right before 10:30 when the line is shortest or another method)?

I am understanding this correctly, right? If I am eligible for EMH, they aren't going to make me leave if I am already there right?

I'm very interested in the answer to this too. Our NRJ FP on Wednesday ends at 9:40pm.

We'd love to try to stay in Pandora and get in line for FoP.

Trying to see what our best plan of attack would be. ;)

If they aren't letting EMH guests without FP in until 10:30, when would be the best time to get in line for NRJ to maximize our time in the land before the rush of EMH guests?

I'm very interested in the answer to this too.
Those already in Pandora will not be asked to leave regardless of where they are staying. The only difference is that those staying offsite will not be able to enter ride queues once EMH start.

I would try to get into the lines right before the EMH rush. Re: FoP I would get in that line ASAP as that has been closing the line early. This is all assuming that Pandora is as crowded as it has been and that there is an EMH queue.

2 questions about FOP:

1) Single Rider Line - where does it run in relation to the standby or FP lines? I know the FP line bypasses the bioluminescent/"Night" portion of the standby queue. Does the Single Rider line bypass or go through that? I have a lot of trouble with dark queues. I'd like to use SR and not need a FP, but not if I have to go through the dark part of the queue. (For reference, luckily a wonderful fellow guest stepped in and helped me through the Little Mermaid queue this year when she saw me groping along).

2) Can you wear a "neck wallet/pouch" under your shirt, or a small waist-pack on FoP? I know everyone will say it's no big deal, but I'm paranoid about putting phone/ID/credit cards in a bin out of my sight/reach while riding, and my pockets tend not to be that large/deep.

Thanks! I won't be there until next year, but I'm looking forward to visiting the new attractions.

I was also questioning the "safety" issue regarding leaving valuables outside my immediate area while on the ride. Wondering how far away the bins are.

So I've been gone over the weekend to a place that had spotty cell service at best and no internet so I've had to keep up with all the action on my phone when I could get signal (which wasn't too often). I hate writing posts on my phone as well so I waited til I got back home:

Just wanted to say a million thanks to all who have kept us up to date I sure appreciated it. It was exciting seeing all the activity and updates as the land opened as well as the information regarding people riding FoP and being tall. Really glad to see mobile ordering went well and people having a great time down there. Can't wait to see it for myself!

2 questions about FOP:

1) Single Rider Line - where does it run in relation to the standby or FP lines? I know the FP line bypasses the bioluminescent/"Night" portion of the standby queue.

2) Can you wear a "neck wallet/pouch" under your shirt, or a small waist-pack on FoP? I know everyone will say it's no big deal, but I'm paranoid about putting phone/ID/credit cards in a bin out of my sight/reach while riding, and my pockets tend not to be that large/deep.

I was also questioning the "safety" issue regarding leaving valuables outside my immediate area while on the ride. Wondering how far away the bins are.
Unfortunately, I don't know where the single rider line goes. I'm not sure many do as it has not been used yet.

The bins are built into the wall behind the ride vehicles and there are two bins behind each vehicle. There are only 8 people in that room at a time and you all get on/off simultaneously so there isn't much chance of something being stolen. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to wear something under your shirt so long as it isn't too large, but only a CM or someone who has tried could answer that.

Those already in Pandora will not be asked to leave regardless of where they are staying. The only difference is that those staying offsite will not be able to enter ride queues once EMH start.

I would try to get into the lines right before the EMH rush. Re: FoP I would get in that line ASAP as that has been closing the line early. This is all assuming that Pandora is as crowded as it has been and that there is an EMH queue.

Thanks. So if I'm reading correctly (onsite guest) we don't have to leave Pandora. But where is the EMH line for FoP started if they don't let people in? Outside? Will we have to go back out and in again?

Trying to determine if we should ride NRJ at beginning of our FP start or end.

As others have posted. The bins are in only in your area when you ride. They are directly behind the vehicles (right next to where the person is standing far left of this photo.)

DSC01055_zps5qtzlbah.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter