***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been said many times already. The movies will not play a part in this land being successful or not. I'm sure of all the people that were in Pandora yesterday, there were many that haven't seen the movie. The land is beautiful during the day and beyond beautiful at night. Disney just took the idea of Pandora, the land, not the movie and made it a real world you can enjoy!:)

Agree. To reinforce that what you say is true is true, just look at the Waterworld show at Universal Parks. The show was one of the most expensive stunt spectaculars ever developed in its time, with very high labor costs to keep it running. It was developed when the movie was expected to be a hit, though it turned out to be a terrible movie and a massive money loser.

To this day, it remains Universal's most popular and highest rated show. Even though the movie has been long forgotten by most, and barely anyone knows the characters or plot, the show still packs in full houses all day, around the world.

I disliked Avatar the movie, though I was impressed by its visual effects. I am stunned by what Disney was able to build in real life (based on a film that was mostly CG). I think this land will keep bringing people in for a very long time.

In FP line for FoP now...45-60 min for FP.

Guy whining to CM that they have been back 3x & the waits r still so long--isn't there something they can do? SERIOUSLY??!!

Is this person speaking about the standby wait times? What does he want the CM to do - just let him on?

For a ride?

The original Anna and Elsa meet and greet had waits of over 5 hours - mainly because they weren't following the 90 second/meet protocol.

I saw 360 posted for Anna and Elsa meet and greet posted in 2014; remember being excited to see them at 4am in the 24hours event in like 30 minutes. That was pure insanity. 6 hours?

Question for ladies - anyone ridden FoP in a dress? I was planning to wear a dress, with slip shorts under it, but just realized that may not be the best choice...
Would I have to hike up my dress and flash everyone? Lol.

Oh, I did this. I wore a skirt. When I didn't hike it up, it was very uncomfortable and tight, when I did hike it up, it was more comfortable. It's dark, and no one can see anything, unless you're hiking up a pleather skirt, you'll be ok.

No special map. Just regular ak map with the floating mountains in the cover

Yes. They had maps that were thicker paper and glossy. Very nice maps

The maps I grabbed this morning have a texture to them and are not the usual gloss.

Information about the Special Edition Maps was reported here and the link found here:
http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/05/special-edition-map-available-at-animal.html

I grabbed a couple, really haven't had the chance to reexamine them but they seemed like the same as always just a different picture. I'll double check when i get back home, currently melting at DHS and not in the cute, Olaf way

Thank you so much! Sorry to hear the temps are hot hot hot! We lived in Daytona Beach FL for 5 years and the first two - three years were brutal. We came from a dry heat climate which is night and day difference compared to FL. At least you know to stay hydrated @yulilin3 sorry for the people who are not prepared.

Recap of my wait time below. I'm usually the most impatient park goer ever, since I'm usually a single rider (and usually won't get on a ride without FP) I get antsy if I ever have to wait more than 30 min. But today's insanely long wait didn't make me want to go on FoP any less.

I think I also lucked out with the people who I've waited in line with, they've all been awesome. People in line always ask me if I think the wait is worth it (especially today) but I'm always hesitant to respond because I don't want them to come out being disappointed based on my personal bias (this is probably my new favorite ride at WDW)

(Times below are when I arrived at each different room/location)
12:19pm entrance
1:07 caverns
1:48 airlock
1:50 pre-bioluminescence
2:08 bioluminescence
3:15 lab
4:12 banshee mural room
4:43 link room
4:50-4:55 (estimate, didn't get the time) instruction video room

Last edited:
Recap of my wait time below. I'm usually the most impatient park goer ever, since I'm usually a single rider (and usually won't get on a ride without FP) I get antsy if I ever have to wait more than 30 min. But today's insanely long wait didn't make me want to go on FoP any less.

I think I also lucked out with the people who I've waited in line with, they've all been awesome. People in line always ask me if I think the wait is worth it (especially today) but I'm always hesitant to respond because I don't want them to come out being disappointed based on my personal bias (this is probably my new favorite ride at WDW)

(Times below are when I arrived at each different room/location)
12:19pm entrance
1:07 caverns
1:48 airlock
1:50 pre-bioluminescence
2:08 bioluminescence
3:15 lab
4:12 banshee mural room
4:43 link room
4:50-4:55 (estimate, didn't get the time) instruction video room

Thanks for sharing. What an afternoon!

:offtopic: We just got back from watching Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 3D I'm sure most here have seen it but I thoroughly enjoyed it! I plan on purchasing the soundtrack and I never do that. Wow! So great!

Tomorrow is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales in 3D as well excited about seeing this too.

Is there such a thing as a Happy Rant:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter