***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you saying there are waits to get in again?
Or just longer waits for the rides?

I think there are waits to get in again. It was one way exit through Africa when I left just 20 minutes ago.

There hadn't been waits/a line to get into Pandora much of the day but they did set up a line to get in a little while ago - though I understand it was moving pretty good - not nearly the wait seen yesterday .... though we shall see how tonight goes

There hadn't been waits/a line to get into Pandora much of the day but they did set up a line to get in a little while ago - though I understand it was moving pretty good - not nearly the wait seen yesterday .... though we shall see how tonight goes
I'm over waiting for ROL now and will be heading back there after so I will let you guys now what the deal is then.

Everyone in my row was cheering, screaming, laughing (some expletives, but out of excitement). I was so happy to see that these people who were so upset just minutes before were so happy about the ride afterwards. I feel like they were more excited and happy than any other group I've ridden with previously on FoP (or any attraction for that matter).

Same happened when we rode. (absent the frustration prior to riding of course).
I know it's an initial response because we were a bit more subdued the 2nd time. But I so LOVE this attraction.

Interesting...we walked in around 6pm with NO line to Pandora & NO lines running out of the land.

IMO this is NOTHING like Back to the Future. BTTF is like Star Tours--U r far from screen. Fun rides, but don't really give u a VR experience like FoP.

I wanted to stay to see Pandora in dark but boys weren't interested in food choices there & of course were ravenous...so around 730 we were unable to exit nearer to park entrance but instead were directed thru Africa. When we walked by, line ran all along path into Pandora & was just starting to extend into Discovery Island

FoP is Soarin,, which is just Back to the Future, with a different seat platform. 30 year old ride tech, really.

LOL. OK... no.

Besides, Nintendo is proof that new tech doesn't make something fun, the quality of games are what matters.

In Flight of Passage's case, the quality is above and beyond any ride I've ever been on, beating all the rides I have been on in Harry Potter. And I very much enjoy the Harry Potter rides.

Interesting...we walked in around 6pm with NO line to Pandora & NO lines running out of the land.

Same thing happened yesterday and the line came back for those coming in to see it at night and eventually nobody could get in so they could attempt to get non-resort guests out and then EMH started and the line was let in.

do i risk driving over to see it tonight? afraid i won't get in again.

yesterday by this time they stopped letting anyone in but there was also a rush for anyone who saw preview but never saw night that showed up near 7ish..

However the rest of AK is nice, go ride EE a dozen times, see the near midnight ROL with no standby line.. I really enjoyed the evening.. Just make sure you get in before 11 if your not a resort guest. I'm starting to kick myself that I didn't head over there tonight just to take photos around ak.

Here now!
Was a huge line to get in to Pandora at 8:45 but we had a FP so got right in.
DS and I loved NRJ (he doesn't like thrill rides or water rides so was perfect for us!
Waiting in 30 min line for shop because DS HAS to have a Banshee.
Oh and looks like single rider for FOP is NOT open.

Heading back now for a solo dad night! I may have one leftover FoP rider swap pass from earlier. :rolleyes1Going to use it by 9 if any group of 2 wants to join me!

Otherwise, looking forward to seeing Pandora and Everest at night! I'm an annual (or more) visitor but haven't ridden Everest since my 20mo was born.
damn it i wish i saw this earlier! would've definitely been there. if you still haven't ridden it yet i can be there by 10 ;)

I am 5'2" and I um weigh...um more than Yullin...I rode during my preview without issue. Here is a picture of me and my 83 year old mother the day that we both rode it. She loved it

Thank you, Mrz. Rich. You and your mom are beautiful ladies who look like you had a blast. Your post is helpful and I appreciate it. :)

LOL. OK... no.

Besides, Nintendo is proof that new tech doesn't make something fun, the quality of games are what matters.

In Flight of Passage's case, the quality is above and beyond any ride I've ever been on, beating all the rides I have been on in Harry Potter. And I very much enjoy the Harry Potter rides.

And I was replying to someone saying FoP is comparable to anything Potter. Both Potter rides were truly bleeding edge ride technology, absolute first of their kind, and still ONLY of their kind. For FoP, yeah, the video resolution is much higher, and the screen is larger in your view, and your viewing position is better, but simply stating the base tech is nothing remotely new. It's one of those horrible screen rides that Universal keeps doing. But it's Disney so it's phenomenal.

I'm well aware I'm in a minority that just doesn't get how amazing Soarin' is, but it's still considered one of the like top 3 rides in WDW in popularity polls, but I would rather ride Mr. Toad over Soarin'.

Same thing happened yesterday and the line came back for those coming in to see it at night and eventually nobody could get in so they could attempt to get non-resort guests out and then EMH started and the line was let in.
If we find awful lines tonight we may plan to come back early evening a different day and just hang a while. We have a couple FP just to have something to do on case there are lines

The posted hours for August for a closing of 9:30 pm are messing up my plans to make a nighttime FP for FOP. How am I going to do that with a dining package for ROL when ROL starts at 9:15? I hope they update hours before I make fastpasses in a couple weeks :crazy2:. If not I may skip ROL because I want to be in Pardora at night. I'm thinking it gets dark around 8:00?

I'd definitely skip RoL or see if they do 2 showings while you're there.

And yea it'll be getting dark about 8pm

I've seen a lot of postings about how the ride is so smooth. My mother is bringing my grandmother in October. The doctors have told her to be very careful about her neck. The slightest jarring can cause her some real problems. She won't even go on the safari. To anyone who's ridden it, do you think she'd be ok to ride it? Are there any jarring moments that could cause her neck to whip around?

There is no jarring or abrupt movies. She should likely be fine to ride it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!