***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this set up makes me think they are expecting land closing at various points.

Would they possibly control the entry and exit points as 1 way-in / 1 way-out?

On 5/22 we could only enter/exit at Tiffins. The other end was blocked by a few cm's. I'm wondering if they'll use that end for exit only this weekend.

On 5/22 we could only enter/exit at Tiffins. The other end was blocked by a few cm's. I'm wondering if they'll use that end for exit only this weekend.
I think that's exactly what's going to happen, no exiting through the Tiffins bridge, only through the one going to Africa. Then maybe a walkie talkie system to tell the person on the bridge how many exited

Last edited:
That was my thought as well. I'm curious as to how they will handle those with afternoon FPs - would they be allowed to bypass the line?
I ask this question to a CM ( I really was wonder what they would do for people that used the DAS ) he said if you have a FP a DAS or a reservation then you would be let in, not sure how true this was, I did ask 2 different CM at different times and got the same answer each time. only time will tell

That was my thought as well. I'm curious as to how they will handle those with afternoon FPs - would they be allowed to bypass the line?

I mean, they would have to let those in with FP, right?

Me: I have a fast pass for FoP starting at 2:15

Disney: Sorry sir, but Pandora is at capacity we can't let you in

Me: But what is the value of this FP if I can't use it

Disney: Sir, I think we know how fast pass works

Me: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *give out* a fast pass, you just don't know how to *honor* the fast pass. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the honoring. Anybody can just give them out.

Looks like it'll be about a hundred degrees next week!
We're planning resort/pool mornings and then evening touring of AK.
But Monday was planning to arrive at AK about 3pm. Kind of scared of the heat though!!
Any particular areas to avoid before dark? I keep reading about how hot AK gets...

I haven't been keeping up..

I'll be arriving Friday afternoon and we'd planned to head to MK that night. Instead, if AP members are still allowed a sneak peek I'd rather head over to Pandora and check it out instead of going Saturday. So... with that said, does anyone know if AP members still get a sneak peek on Friday (May 26th)?

Edit: Nevermind. Google says the preview period ended a few days ago. Oh, well.
Plus, you had to pre-register for the sneak peak. It "sold out" in 5 hours and not all AP's were able to snag tickets.

I mean, they would have to let those in with FP, right?

Me: I have a fast pass for FoP starting at 2:15

Disney: Sorry sir, but Pandora is at capacity we can't let you in

Me: But what is the value of this FP if I can't use it

Disney: Sir, I think we know how fast pass works

Me: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *give out* a fast pass, you just don't know how to *honor* the fast pass. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the honoring. Anybody can just give them out.

I see what you did there, Jerry.

Looks like it'll be about a hundred degrees next week!
ry%3D400

Speculating time: do we imagine possible capacity issues just on opening weekend, or do we think they'll continue for a while?

It absolutely is what will happen. I was at the Ratatouille soft opening day 2. Of course, it was MUCH lower key. We walked in in the entrance apath, grabbed a FP for later, practically walked on the ride, then went to Chez Remy for a table with no real wait. Then used our Fastpass. By then, the area was packed, so we went out the exit path. But they had a quota they tried to keep in the area. Problem is the standby line for FoP is so gargantuan, they will let a LOT of people in to fill it. It sounds like the Indy Queue. Mostly just a nice walkthrpugh until the evilness of Fastpass took over. With Fastpass+, it will be a horrible line holder. They can hold thousands of people in the standby lines.

As much as people are praising the line, I have a feeling once you crawl through it for hours, it probably won't be very cool.

Speculating time: do we imagine possible capacity issues just on opening weekend, or do we think they'll continue for a while?

Hard to tell, it truly sounds like he FoP standby queue can hold maybe 4000 people alone, heck, that's probably 20% of the average people in the park on most days.

This weekend for sure, all 3 days cause of the holiday weekend then I don't think it'll be an issue until mid June when crowds pick up again and stays busy until mid August. But this opening weekend will be very telling.

That's a lot more barrier compared to what we had. No way to get under or thru that setup now.

Here are some pics of our experience Monday 5/22 - DVC preview @ 9:00 am

We were let in at 7:50 - park hosted 8am EMH

as you can see they were not walking us in an orderly fashion. This will never work for the 27th.

DSC00990_zpsbx4wkayl.jpg

DSC00991_zps4wubcm8e.jpg

We lined up to the left

DSC00992_zpsrqndcxcx.jpg

that's my DH & DS (arms in the air) up ahead. FOP waits for no man!

DSC00993_zpsgtbgbig9.jpg

DSC00994_zpscorcgizo.jpg

DSC00995_zpsg4ybihgi.jpg

before

DSC00997_zps9k4f5svh.jpg

after 15-20 mins. (I can't imagine how fast this will fill without a limit on guests)

DSC01007_zpsxlnujbqi.jpg

DSC01003_zpsv1uz9xjy.jpg

The entrance was changed to this before we were let in.

DSC01010_zpsjnhs1whv.jpg

All of this is making me look ahead to the opening of Star Wars Land. Now that is going to be interesting in terms of crowds and waits due to it being 100000000000 times more popular than Avatar.
Yes, it certainly makes me think. If there are AP previews, I would want to get a weekday near the end of the preview times, preferably morning slot. It seems by then they have the kinks worked out so you can ride everything. I guess they have a few more years to figure it all out!

That's a lot more barrier compared to what we had. No way to get under or thru that setup now.

Here are some pics of our experience Monday 5/22 - DVC preview @ 9:00 am

We were let in at 7:50 - park hosted 8am EMH

as you can see they were not walking us in an orderly fashion. This will never work for the 27th.

DSC00990_zpsbx4wkayl.jpg

DSC00991_zps4wubcm8e.jpg

We lined up to the left

DSC00992_zpsrqndcxcx.jpg

that's my DH & DS (arms in the air) up ahead. FOP waits for no man!

DSC00993_zpsgtbgbig9.jpg

DSC00994_zpscorcgizo.jpg

DSC00995_zpsg4ybihgi.jpg

before

DSC00997_zps9k4f5svh.jpg

after 15-20 mins. (I can't imagine how fast this will fill without a limit on guests)

DSC01007_zpsxlnujbqi.jpg

DSC01003_zpsv1uz9xjy.jpg

The entrance was changed to this before we were let in.

DSC01010_zpsjnhs1whv.jpg

The previews were more limited and controlled. Grand opening will obviously allow everyone to go inside.

The previews were more limited and controlled. Grand opening will obviously allow everyone to go inside.

Well unless capacity is reached. Has DAK ever gone to the final max capacity? Isn't the last level a true no one until people leave? I know the other 3 are that if you have a FP you are good as they already "counted" you for the capacity numbers.

Well unless capacity is reached. Has DAK ever gone to the final max capacity? Isn't the last level a true no one until people leave? I know the other 3 are that if you have a FP you are good as they already "counted" you for the capacity numbers.
DAK has never closed for capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter