OFFICIAL October 2009 thread - LET US KNOW YOUR PTR LINK!

I am starting to see a theme here....we are all starting to go into panic mode since October is coming quick. I suggest we start a daily goal. You don't have to do it, but it might help someone so I'll start.

Sunday's Goals:

1. Make a packing list or find one online.
It doesn't have to be 100% complete, but just do a ball park list, so you
what you might need. (are you going to want to take chapstick, baseball
hats, or flip flops? :confused3) Once you get it, cross off anything you
need and add anything extra you will take.

2. Make a list of things you need to go buy. This will set you up for a goal this week to start buying those items.

For me, I know I want to get some Halloween window clings from Walgreens. I bought new cushioned moisture wick socks last week, so I'm good there. I have my t-shirts to make this week. I need to find some small containers to hold some gel medicine in my backpack for when I am in the parks. I've considered just using old contact cases, since I have so many...have to think about it.

Anyone want to join me? :thumbsup2 I logged into the Disney site and they were nice enough to tell me they will see me in 24 days! :scared1: Like I really needed them to remind me!

I didnt mean to panic the DIS'ers going the same dates as me!!! i asked on the boards about why 16th and 17th are 8s and someone said the 16th is a day off for several florida school districts so that's probably why.

Also, love the daily goal thing! :)

Did you guys see the changes to Fantasy Land that is coming in the future? Looks amazing!

I need to get packing! Time is ticking and I seem to waste all of my time making new friends on the DIS! :rotfl2:I need to get some groceries ordered too before our trip!

Did you guys see the changes to Fantasy Land that is coming in the future? Looks amazing!

I need to get packing! Time is ticking and I seem to waste all of my time making new friends on the DIS! :rotfl2:I need to get some groceries ordered too before our trip!

I read the article in our local sunday paper today. It was very interesting and looked very promising. I can't believe we only have 18 days left til our first stay at POP!!

Well, I officially started proper packing today!!

All my toiletries and handluggage done. (Excluding bits that I need to use before then!)

Clothing is next weekend's job! I can't believe how close it is!!

Well, I officially started proper packing today!!

All my toiletries and handluggage done. (Excluding bits that I need to use before then!)

Clothing is next weekend's job! I can't believe how close it is!!

Me too! DH started to close up pool today so I figured it would be a good day to wash all our swimsuits and pack them.:laundy: Then I started to clean out DD's closets and put their summer things in the suitcases and put their fall clothes in their closets. Tomorrow I will head to the store to pick up our final toiletries. I even placed our grocery order today. It's getting close now. I can't wait.:banana:

Me too! DH started to close up pool today so I figured it would be a good day to wash all our swimsuits and pack them.:laundy: Then I started to clean out DD's closets and put their summer things in the suitcases and put their fall clothes in their closets. Tomorrow I will head to the store to pick up our final toiletries. I even placed our grocery order today. It's getting close now. I can't wait.:banana:
:)

I did our Garden Grocer order in the week. :) Willing to share my list if anyone is interested in such mundane planning!

:)

I did our Garden Grocer order in the week. :) Willing to share my list if anyone is interested in such mundane planning!

I have my order in my faves at garden grocer...just waiting on DH to let me know what else he may want while we are in the room! so exciting!!

I'm interested in a grocery list if you are willing to type that out. I'm pretty sure we are planning on have some things delivered to the room. But I do have a few questions.....?

Do they actually deliver to your room? Or do they just deliever to the front desk and you have to go and pick it up yourself??

Also, does the front desk keep things cold some how??? I'm wondering cause I do plan on getting some milk and yogurt and i'm concerned it will go bad.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!! :)

This is my list:

Lay's Potato Chips Barbecue 10.5oz. Bag
Lay's Wavy Potato Chips Ranch 11oz. Bag
Glade Air Freshener Hawiian Breeze Aerosol Spray 9oz. Can
Dixie Bowls Paper 20oz. Each 24CT PKG
Philadelphia Cream Cheese Fat Free Soft 8oz. Tub
Mountain Dew Code Red 2LTR Bottle
Kellogg's Cereal Fun Pak 8CT 9.16oz.
Hormel Natural Choice Deli Ham Smoked Sliced 9oz. PKG
Kellogg's Pop Tarts Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon Low Fat 8CT
Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies 12CT
Glad Zipper Sandwich Bags 50CT
Hostess Twinkies 10CT Box
Aquafina Drinking Water 16.9oz. 32PK BTLS
Silk Soymilk Light Plain 64oz. BTL
Lender's Premium Refrigerated Bagels Egg 6CT
Crystal Light On The Go Packets Raspberry Lemonade
Arnold Sandwich Thins 100% Whole Wheat 8CT
Store Brand Deli Packaged Sliced Mild Cheddar Cheese 8CT

It may seem a bit of a mish mash, but should do us a few breakfasts and lunches. We also have some bits in there (Mountain Dew, Twinkies) that we can't get in the UK and that are 'must do's' for us when in the USA!

This is my list:

Lay's Potato Chips Barbecue 10.5oz. Bag
Lay's Wavy Potato Chips Ranch 11oz. Bag
Glade Air Freshener Hawiian Breeze Aerosol Spray 9oz. Can
Dixie Bowls Paper 20oz. Each 24CT PKG
Philadelphia Cream Cheese Fat Free Soft 8oz. Tub
Mountain Dew Code Red 2LTR Bottle
Kellogg's Cereal Fun Pak 8CT 9.16oz.
Hormel Natural Choice Deli Ham Smoked Sliced 9oz. PKG
Kellogg's Pop Tarts Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon Low Fat 8CT
Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies 12CT
Glad Zipper Sandwich Bags 50CT
Hostess Twinkies 10CT Box
Aquafina Drinking Water 16.9oz. 32PK BTLS
Silk Soymilk Light Plain 64oz. BTL
Lender's Premium Refrigerated Bagels Egg 6CT
Crystal Light On The Go Packets Raspberry Lemonade
Arnold Sandwich Thins 100% Whole Wheat 8CT
Store Brand Deli Packaged Sliced Mild Cheddar Cheese 8CT

It may seem a bit of a mish mash, but should do us a few breakfasts and lunches. We also have some bits in there (Mountain Dew, Twinkies) that we can't get in the UK and that are 'must do's' for us when in the USA!

Thank you!! That gives me a few ideas. Appreciate you putting your list up for me. :)

Me and my friend (her first trip) is October 8th-13th. We're staying at All Star Music and going to MNSSHP on the 9th! :D (We're getting in late on the 8th since we have midterms that morning. Boooo!)

Can't wait to see everyone there!

Do they actually deliver to your room? Or do they just deliever to the front desk and you have to go and pick it up yourself??

Also, does the front desk keep things cold some how??? I'm wondering cause I do plan on getting some milk and yogurt and i'm concerned it will go bad.

It depends. One time we could only get a 1:00 delivery time slot and would be in the parks already so they delivered it to the desk, where it was kept cold and the bell desk delivered it to us when we called for it.

Last year we chose a 8:30am slot and we knew we would be in the room since it was 5:30 am on our West coast body clocks! They promptly delivered it to the room.

I was told by a GG employee that if you have any alcoholic beverages added to your order that you must be present at the time of delivery. I'm sure they need to check ID to make sure they aren't delivering a bunch of booze to some high schoolers.

They are a great company and I highly recommend them.

Me and my friend (her first trip) is October 8th-13th. We're staying at All Star Music and going to MNSSHP on the 9th! :D (We're getting in late on the 8th since we have midterms that morning. Boooo!)

Can't wait to see everyone there!

Let me know if you are interested in using a free fridge and coffee maker October 11-13. I know it's not for your entire stay but you are welcome to use them starting October 11 and swapping on Octber 13. You can click on the link in my signature below for more information.

Gina

Hi to all the pre-trip report writers. I'm so excited about going again this year. This years trip was very last minute for us, normally our countdown is over 365+ days, and here we are going in under 50 days. Thanks to all those who write the wonderful materials (pre and post trip) reports that hold me over until my next visit.

Was in Wal-Green today they had sheets of Disney Halloween Window Clings 2 for $3 bought some for the sliding glass door at Poly. And they had small battery operated Mickey Ghost and Mickey Pumpkins. I bought the Mickey Ghost for the Patio table.

Went to the Disney store last night and saw Mickey head string lights but didn't get them...thought about it for the window of our room in POR but I'll see what else might be cheaper...

27 days to Disney!!!

Oh my gosh!!! Only 19 days!? We are getting so close!:cool1:
Today, I did put a few things in my suitcase, and went looking for some ponchos that I know I must still have somewhere. I did find one.
Went to the Disney outlet today and found a cute Tink Tshirt for me, on sale of course.:thumbsup2
Today I changed my air cond. filter, thinking "this is the last time I'll need to till after we return" I know I'll need to buy cat food one last time, and pay this or that bill one more time.;) When I get to single digits, I'll be thinking "this will be the last time I have to clean this toilet till we return", and "last time I'll have to trim my toenails before our trip":lmao:
It's funny how you start looking at thing you do in this way. Or at least I do.;)
I'm now trying to figure what to put in my carry on, and what will go in our big, checked bag. We will take a light amout of clothes as we'll have a washer/dryer at OKW- this should help alot. I plan on packing some cereal for my DH, he has to have his cereal! Some bagels, peanut butter, micro popcorn, and not sure what else. I'll pay what I have to for milk at the resort.
I wish I could take some Pepsi, but I'm not brave enough to put it in my luggage!:goodvibes

Oh my gosh!!! Only 19 days!? We are getting so close!:cool1:
Today, I did put a few things in my suitcase, and went looking for some ponchos that I know I must still have somewhere. I did find one.
Went to the Disney outlet today and found a cute Tink Tshirt for me, on sale of course.:thumbsup2
Today I changed my air cond. filter, thinking "this is the last time I'll need to till after we return" I know I'll need to buy cat food one last time, and pay this or that bill one more time.;) When I get to single digits, I'll be thinking "this will be the last time I have to clean this toilet till we return", and "last time I'll have to trim my toenails before our trip":lmao:
It's funny how you start looking at thing you do in this way. Or at least I do.;)
I'm now trying to figure what to put in my carry on, and what will go in our big, checked bag. We will take a light amout of clothes as we'll have a washer/dryer at OKW- this should help alot. I plan on packing some cereal for my DH, he has to have his cereal! Some bagels, peanut butter, micro popcorn, and not sure what else. I'll pay what I have to for milk at the resort.
I wish I could take some Pepsi, but I'm not brave enough to put it in my luggage!:goodvibes

I am so with you on the pepsi! Thank goodness my sister and her family are driving so I get to have my pepsi fix!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter