***Official November 2022 Thread***

Gosh I sure feel for all the people who have plans this week with Hurricane Ian! DH and I discussed last night what we would do, since we fly from the West coast, haven’t been in 13 years and it’s VERY $$$ now, we would immediately be postponing. I am amazed how many people are going anyway, mostly those who drive, but still. No way would we but we don’t get to go all the time. Fingers crossed all is calm and bright in November for us!
We are supposed to be going on the Disney Wish on Friday but I am very worried for our flight on Thursday. So unhappy right now 😞

Oh good choices! I also can't wait until the seasonal treats are announced!
I am thinking of doing the mini golf as well.....me and DH did it on our honeymoon 13 years ago, so it seems very nostalgic to us. However one of my four year olds is super not into it, he's at a stage where if it's 'hard' or he's not 'good at it's he doesn't even want to try. Maybe the Mickey's will distract him enough while we play 😂
Definitely recommend the Winter course.....the water surprises and moving parts, etc....I'd hope it would be enough to make it fun for him.

I love the fun planning posts. Here's another:

What's one thing you ALWAYS bring but won't find on the usual packing lists and tips?

Here's mine - a roll of Nexcare waterproof tape. It's better than moleskin because I can tear it with my fingers as needed and will attach to damp surfaces and clothing. My favorite uses are on areas of the feet prone to blisters as a preventative (I've also used it directly on the shoe) and to cover itchy tags on the inside of clothing (will last several washings).
My sister brings this stuff too. I personally like Dr. Scholl's Blister Defense Stick.....but it really is a preference. However, I've switched my practices....not saying this works for everyone, but I started investing in my feet LOL. I now only wear Bombas ankle socks and Hoka shoes (or Adidas mid-level but very specific running shoes). Since doing that; I have not needed to use the blister prevention tools. We had things we used to bring, but with nearly all teenagers now; we are pretty chill and don't have anything special to add here :(

My sister brings this stuff too. I personally like Dr. Scholl's Blister Defense Stick.....but it really is a preference. However, I've switched my practices....not saying this works for everyone, but I started investing in my feet LOL. I now only wear Bombas ankle socks and Hoka shoes (or Adidas mid-level but very specific running shoes). Since doing that; I have not needed to use the blister prevention tools. We had things we used to bring, but with nearly all teenagers now; we are pretty chill and don't have anything special to add here :(
I’m a big fan of the Bombas ankle sock too.

My DH. LOVES his Bomba socks. Only thing he will wear. I like Wrightsox, like the double layer. I also have transitioned to Birkenstock sneakers, they work great for me though I also have a relatively new pair of New Balance. I have Heard good things about Hokas.

We are supposed to be going on the Disney Wish on Friday but I am very worried for our flight on Thursday. So unhappy right now 😞
Oh no! Fingers crossed for some pixie dust for you! 🤞🤞 We've had to change our trip three times in the past two years, and while not necessarily the same, I know it's heartbreaking.

Yeah, I will say most of the stuff on our list is because lots of little kids 🤣 gotta help them out, but also try to keep the room somewhat organized because we are stuffed to the gills! Even just finding a room for six people was limited enough.

I have never had a blister (we also take lots of breaks, maybe that's why?) But I have had some serious plantar fasciitis the past few months that I'm hoping heals by then! I'm going to look into some of these shoes, I try to invest in quality shoes as well, it really helps if you have bad feet already.

Sticky notes to put over the auto flush toilet sensors when the kids were little. They wouldn't go because they were afraid it would flush while they were on it.
I keep these in my purse/diaper bag for the same reason! Any time we go into a bathroom the kids say "is it the loud one?" Hahaha

Oh I hadn't seen that about the AK hours! I am still struggling how to arrange my park days, and that might change things 😬
I don't know if this is something you'd use, but I actually just found an app for food and wine festival food! It's wdw food&wine and you can make a wishlist of what you want to try! (I also am a compulsive list maker! And binder creater 😂)
I used that app in 2017 when our group was adults only. With a 3 year-old this trip, we have different priorities. :)
But I loved it! It really helped me to plan ahead of time and to keep track of what everyone wanted while we were there.

Oh I hadn't seen that about the AK hours! I am still struggling how to arrange my park days, and that might change things 😬
I don't know if this is something you'd use, but I actually just found an app for food and wine festival food! It's wdw food&wine and you can make a wishlist of what you want to try! (I also am a compulsive list maker! And binder creater 😂)
Just to clarify: I assumed that when they announced the 7:45 show time for the Tree of Life for late October that it would carry over to November. So far, the official park hours for November are still listed with 7 pm closing time. I really hope that changes!!

Yes! I saw that announcement as well (after I went looking for it 😂) I also hope they keep it through November, we love Animal Kingdom!
So maybe you guys could help me talk through my plans (or not, just trying to crowdsource ideas and my husband is sick of my Disney talk 😂) Right now we have this plan, but I'm wondering if its better to rearrange. We plan on getting a hotel about thirty minutes away from Disney in order to maximize our arrival day, vs checking in late. We drive about 15 hours to get there, split into two days, and checking in to a local hotel late the evening before.

Arrival day-11/12, Saturday. Was thinking animal kingdom that day
11/13, Sunday - DHS
11/14, Monday - MK (this is a party day, we are hoping for light crowds. My kids don't love fireworks upclose, so we will be picking another day to watch them from our resort)
11/15 Tuesday - rest. Ohana scheduled at 11:40
11/16 Wednesday - Epcot, Chef Mickey at 12:25 (Unsure if we will keep this or maybe try to reschedule)
11/17 Thursday - Epcot Space220 ressie at 6:40, do not want to change this 😂
11/18 Friday - MK (another party day, hoping for low crowds) Hoop De Doo Revue at 4
11/19 Satuday - departure day, we will probably leave the property around 2-3, not sure what to do this day.

We are casual park goers, especially if its very busy we will likely not want to spend a ton of time in the parks. Thinking of buying genie+ to really help with lines, as my kids are not great at lines more than 15ish minutes. We don't ride any "thrill" rides, only things that have no height requirement, basically. We love the Kidcot stations, and the wilderness explorers/trails at AK, and worry we might prefer two days there. We also want a rest day, (although I'm wondering if we were more relaxed and did half days if we'd really need one). And Disney Springs. And minigolf...... How do we fit it all in?? 😂

Yes! I saw that announcement as well (after I went looking for it 😂) I also hope they keep it through November, we love Animal Kingdom!
So maybe you guys could help me talk through my plans (or not, just trying to crowdsource ideas and my husband is sick of my Disney talk 😂) Right now we have this plan, but I'm wondering if its better to rearrange. We plan on getting a hotel about thirty minutes away from Disney in order to maximize our arrival day, vs checking in late. We drive about 15 hours to get there, split into two days, and checking in to a local hotel late the evening before.

Arrival day-11/12, Saturday. Was thinking animal kingdom that day
11/13, Sunday - DHS
11/14, Monday - MK (this is a party day, we are hoping for light crowds. My kids don't love fireworks upclose, so we will be picking another day to watch them from our resort)
11/15 Tuesday - rest. Ohana scheduled at 11:40
11/16 Wednesday - Epcot, Chef Mickey at 12:25 (Unsure if we will keep this or maybe try to reschedule)
11/17 Thursday - Epcot Space220 ressie at 6:40, do not want to change this 😂
11/18 Friday - MK (another party day, hoping for low crowds) Hoop De Doo Revue at 4
11/19 Satuday - departure day, we will probably leave the property around 2-3, not sure what to do this day.

We are casual park goers, especially if its very busy we will likely not want to spend a ton of time in the parks. Thinking of buying genie+ to really help with lines, as my kids are not great at lines more than 15ish minutes. We don't ride any "thrill" rides, only things that have no height requirement, basically. We love the Kidcot stations, and the wilderness explorers/trails at AK, and worry we might prefer two days there. We also want a rest day, (although I'm wondering if we were more relaxed and did half days if we'd really need one). And Disney Springs. And minigolf...... How do we fit it all in?? 😂
Wait….. your husband is sick of Disney talk?….. 🤣🤣🤣😉

We have adult children where most don’t want to hear Disney talk and there are a couple that are obsessed with it as it’s all about the journey and not just the destination! “ Hey guys.. gotta a YouTube video I want to show you!” Eyeroll…

Your park plans sounds awesome and no way should you change Space220! We too are hoping for low park crowds on party days at MK. So far so good for for MNSSHP when I check for wait times.

I have a Space 220 Lounge reservation for 2 on 11/19 at 2:10pm that I'm going to cancel (we leave that day and need to get out of Epcot before then). Does anyone want to coordinate with me when I drop it to try and pick it up? I hate to just cancel it if someone on here might be able to snag it up :)

I have a Space 220 Lounge reservation for 2 on 11/19 at 2:10pm that I'm going to cancel (we leave that day and need to get out of Epcot before then). Does anyone want to coordinate with me when I drop it to try and pick it up? I hate to just cancel it if someone on here might be able to snag it up :)
Rats if only it were 15th or 16th, we actually got one of our few ADRs for the 19th. I have had 2 notices from Mousewatchers for 15 and 16 an both gone before I was able to snag.

Rats if only it were 15th or 16th, we actually got one of our few ADRs for the 19th. I have had 2 notices from Mousewatchers for 15 and 16 a both gone before I was able to snag.
Same! I got one for the 16th today but was gone in less than 30 seconds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!