***Official November 2022 Thread***

We always go Jersey week, but from Newark and prices are insane. But I know to book the day they come out. This year there was confusion with the schools on when Teachers Convention actually was and I truly believe United had it wrong as well b/c I knew the real dates and my flights were so much lower than the first published date! But United caught on and now the prices are sky high.

It took NJEA a really long time to announce the dates for this year! I had been watching because the only way my girls' birthday lines up with Jersey week is when election day is the 8th, pushing Jersey week into the second week of November. There were several schools whose first draft '22-'23 calendars listed convention as the 3rd and 4th. I was pretty sure they were wrong, because the last election day on the 8th convention was 10/11, but it was nice to finally get the confirmed dates.

I think schools forget that jersey week is always the first full week of November. If Halloween is Monday it’ll be the following week. It’s also the week of Election Day. My son is 22 so I’ve been dealing with jersey week for a while. Lol

I booked our trip last July before dates were released. I also checked the Atlantic City convention centers calendar to see when NJEA was booked.

It took NJEA a really long time to announce the dates for this year! I had been watching because the only way my girls' birthday lines up with Jersey week is when election day is the 8th, pushing Jersey week into the second week of November. There were several schools whose first draft '22-'23 calendars listed convention as the 3rd and 4th. I was pretty sure they were wrong, because the last election day on the 8th convention was 10/11, but it was nice to finally get the confirmed dates.
Yep! And after my entire life living in NJ and working for a NJ school, did I only realize this year that election day is always the first Tuesday of the month FOLLOWING the FIRST MONDAY of the month.....and then Teachers Convention would be that Thursday/Friday. Guess many were confused this year!

Has anyone booked their flights yet? Prices keep fluctuating for us from NJ; one way prices anywhere from $59-$900 (the lowest, always at inconvenient times that we certainly won’t be booking lol). Can’t believe it. We still haven’t booked as I’m hoping to get us RT for less than $300 but that’s looking less likely by the day.
Booked months ago, when I checked yesterday on changing to leave a day early, everything sold out but we’re coming from west coast

For those of you that have already had your ADR day...what are you working on/planning/obsessing over now? 😂 I'm trying to make a few lists of our "must do's" (although it's hard because the kids don't know yet) and any foods we'd like to try in each park. Last time we went, 2019, we had watched a bunch of YouTube videos and I mentally noted a ton of snacks to try.....then forgot them all once we were there. I won't make that mistake again 😆 open to any suggestions of things y'all love to do, or any must do's for you and your families!

For those of you that have already had your ADR day...what are you working on/planning/obsessing over now? 😂 I'm trying to make a few lists of our "must do's" (although it's hard because the kids don't know yet) and any foods we'd like to try in each park. Last time we went, 2019, we had watched a bunch of YouTube videos and I mentally noted a ton of snacks to try.....then forgot them all once we were there. I won't make that mistake again 😆 open to any suggestions of things y'all love to do, or any must do's for you and your families!

For our trip (3 days with adult DS+SOs) I'm having trouble envisioning how things will go. Will everyone want to be up at the same time? Will my 1 son who is constantly hungry want to stop for more meals/food than I expect and potentially disrupt our ILLs. LOL. Only my DH and I have gone with the whole park reservations/2pm park hopping/ G+ and ILLs, and it was SO EASY with just us 2.

Since I struck out on any ADR for a Night 1/Arrival day (perhaps stupid to pick that for our 'nice dinner out') we're still trying to figure out what to do about that. We wanted a table service meal at MK or MK hotel before MVMCP and struck completely out for a party of 6. Have TP alerts for that day and hoping for the best I guess. But I"m also picturing him not eating before we fly, arriving at WDW starving, eating a big lunch and the the "nice dinner" I have being a waste. Now considering a big lunch at HS and then just eating the snacks at MK during the party. (But can't find those ADRs either so far).

I have a whole LONG list of snacks on my notes app in my phone. LOL We won't get to all of them but I hope we can get to a good number of them. I usually make my list off of IG posts and threads on the Dis.

I also keep a "breakfast" list in each park because I'm traumatized from previous trips that turned ugly due to hanger and small children. DD is 16 now (less chance of a meltdown) and we plan on eating breakfast in the room to avoid this but I'm still prepared. I find trying to get QS breakfast in the parks can be difficult.

Some of the ones I want to try the most:

MK - Egg rolls, Sleepy Hollow waffles

Epcot - La Cava margaritas, France breakfast, BaiJui drink in China

AK - Corn, Dole Whip with rum, Mr. Kamals, Pongu, Nomad

DHS - Baseline tap house, Wookie cookie, Ronto roasters

We went in August and I had tons of F&W snacks on my list on my phone. Except, it was so darn hot that we never wanted to eat when we were in WS! Hopefully you have better luck than we did with your snack list.

November is only one park day after a cruise, so there's not a ton of planning happening here. It'll be, "OK, ladies, it's your birthday! Where are we going?" If I end up riding Small World ten times, then so be it.

Next up for us is to get registered for DAS. After that, just making sure we have everything we need. I've already started socking a few things away in the closet as I think to get them. Our Magicband+ order came in a few weeks ago and they look awesome, better than in the photo. :)

I also have an October trip, but I'm very focused on my November one!! Keep changing my hotel, working on our touring plan. I’m really excited for this trip!

For our trip (3 days with adult DS+SOs) I'm having trouble envisioning how things will go. Will everyone want to be up at the same time? Will my 1 son who is constantly hungry want to stop for more meals/food than I expect and potentially disrupt our ILLs. LOL. Only my DH and I have gone with the whole park reservations/2pm park hopping/ G+ and ILLs, and it was SO EASY with just us 2.

I get trying to plan for the unknown! Last time our kids were between 1-6, so we didn't do a lot of late nights, or even mid day breaks. Just left the parks around 3 for the day. I'm going to try to see if a mid day break gets them ready for some evening in the parks, but I already know they can't hang past like 8 😂
Some of the ones I want to try the most:

MK - Egg rolls, Sleepy Hollow waffles

Epcot - La Cava margaritas, France breakfast, BaiJui drink in China

AK - Corn, Dole Whip with rum, Mr. Kamals, Pongu, Nomad

DHS - Baseline tap house, Wookie cookie, Ronto roasters
Those all sound delicious! Cheeseburger egg rolls in MK were my food item that was lost on the last trip 😂 also it was ME who had it all falling apart.....not enough good for me food and NO COFFEE on travel day! I kept thinking I'd get a drink at whatever place we were going next, and things kept popping up, so I never had time. I had a raging migraine by the time we got to our room, then Disney springs, and was just miserable and we had to end the day early. I've since learned my lesson and always carry a Starbucks iced drink mix with me 😂
We went in August and I had tons of F&W snacks on my list on my phone. Except, it was so darn hot that we never wanted to eat when we were in WS! Hopefully you have better luck than we did with your snack list.

November is only one park day after a cruise, so there's not a ton of planning happening here. It'll be, "OK, ladies, it's your birthday! Where are we going?" If I end up riding Small World ten times, then so be it.
Aww I love that! We had to ride dumbo on loop last trip 🥰 I'm very thankful that my husband is a go with the flow kind of guy and views these trips as making memories with the kids, even if that means we spend all day at the pool. I used to be the over planner that got stressed if we were running late for a fast pass, but now I'm able to relax a bit more.
Next up for us is to get registered for DAS. After that, just making sure we have everything we need. I've already started socking a few things away in the closet as I think to get them. Our Magicband+ order came in a few weeks ago and they look awesome, better than in the photo. :)
How exciting! We keep going back and forth with a magicband+, great to hear they look awesome!
I also have an October trip, but I'm very focused on my November one!! Keep changing my hotel, working on our touring plan. I’m really excited for this trip!
Oh that is exciting! I keep changing our drive down plan and hotels. I think it's driving DH crazy 😂

Thanks for reposting, forgot about this. Stalking Space 220 lounge

CG is releasing at 60 days out at midnight. I had it for 60+9 and had to wait over a week to book it. It does book up by 8-9 am so don’t waste too much time on the 60 day mark.
In case anyone else is watching for this.....I was going to check CG tonight at midnight....apparently I had my timing off. I just checked and it has the 25th/26th open for reservations. (my check-in date is Nov 16)

Has anyone booked their flights yet? Prices keep fluctuating for us from NJ; one way prices anywhere from $59-$900 (the lowest, always at inconvenient times that we certainly won’t be booking lol). Can’t believe it. We still haven’t booked as I’m hoping to get us RT for less than $300 but that’s looking less likely by the day.
I booked about a month ago....I was checking prices late July and early August and they kept rising. We normally fly out of TUL (Tulsa, OK); but prices were insane (nearly $750+). So we are flying out of XNA (Bentonville, AR). I checked Tulsa flights again last week, just for fun, and they were $900+ now. I'm shocked prices have not decreased!

This is such a fun question - I hope everyone sends a reply; I enjoy reading the various opinions and likes related to food.

We are an "old" bunch now....slightly kidding, but it is so different with our group this year (DW/me are 40s, kids going are 16,16,16,14,12,26) - this group has 3-4 different styles of food so it makes for a fun challenge and also patience! My one DD could eat chicken fingers/nuggets for every meal of the day! Her twin could eat filet every meal if price weren't a factor :)

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we were fortunate to get all the ADRs we wanted (including adding CG today for DW and I); which normally we only do 1 sit down meal per day; allowing for snacks on snacks...but for Thanksgiving, we won't get to snack as we have 2 TS meals. Also what's shifting are normal "process" is that we are only doing 3 days in WDW parks (not including the MVMCP night). We normally do 5-7 park days which allows for multiple snacking opportunities.

We will most likely hit:
1. Pretzels (a MUST) both generic and at Germany.
2. The generic Minute Maid strawberry/lemon ice....somehow is a fav of 1/2 the group.
3. MK - definitely will hit Sleepy Hallow and something seasonal (waiting to see what WDW announces for Christmas themed treats)
4. EP - they want wings....crazy I know.
5. AK - nothing
6. HS - ALL A MUST: Rontos & NUM NUM cookies. Brownie sundae at Hollywood Scoops. (also some want to try blue milk again)
7. DS - Gideon's is all of our favorite!

Activity-wise, we are going to try mini-golf at all 3 course on an off day. I have a feeling we will only do Winter/Summer-land, but we will see.

Well in terms of ADR, still stalking Space 220 lounge for the 16th.
on everything else, we’re a bit like you were. We haven’t been in 13 years and there is SO much new stuff to try. For food, we will try Ronto Wraps for sure at HS. We’ll probably do Yak at AK. We’d also love to fit in cocktails at Enchanted Rose. I think I need to make a list and add it to my calendar. For us, we will also be at Swan first 4 nights so we will def hit up the F&W festival.
in terms of everything else, waiting for more of a long range forecast to start packing, so about 2 weeks before (we are just over 50 days out). I used to fly 200k miles per year on business and my routine is to start packing early and then edit, edit, edit. Works for me.
on everything else, I am just glad I started researching early because it is SO different now from how it was (last time we were there was paper FP and before with no FP) In terms of just doing the parks. It’s been like a semester of a college course. Anyway cheers November peeps, and can Fantasmic PLEASE be back by then?

Love this question! I am still trying to get Topolino’s breakfast for the 18th, ( I have Chef Mickey as a back-up), but I’m hoping to maybe get it the night of the 17th.
I went directly from ADR planning to impulsively deciding to do the Christmas Party! We’ve done Halloween, but I enjoyed opening a new note on my phone with research for the party. :)
Now, since it was announced that the evening hours might be extended at AK for the Tree of Life show, I am playing around with my plan for that day. I may end up giving up our early dinner at Sanaa in order to stay in AK longer. We are staying in AKL so we will have lots of opportunities to see the animals. But the bread service…… still mulling this over.
I have made park specific lists of QS in Notes and will do the same for snacks. And even though we will not be spending much time at Food and Wine, I should make a list for that too. Yes, I am a compulsive list maker! My DH makes fun of me for using Notes for everything (he’s a computer nerd), but I love it!
And the research and planning continue. But I know from past trips that all of a sudden, it will be November and I’m going to panic because I won’t feel ready!

Well in terms of ADR, still stalking Space 220 lounge for the 16th.
on everything else, we’re a bit like you were. We haven’t been in 13 years and there is SO much new stuff to try. For food, we will try Ronto Wraps for sure at HS. We’ll probably do Yak at AK. We’d also love to fit in cocktails at Enchanted Rose. I think I need to make a list and add it to my calendar. For us, we will also be at Swan first 4 nights so we will def hit up the F&W festival.
in terms of everything else, waiting for more of a long range forecast to start packing, so about 2 weeks before (we are just over 50 days out). I used to fly 200k miles per year on business and my routine is to start packing early and then edit, edit, edit. Works for me.
on everything else, I am just glad I started researching early because it is SO different now from how it was (last time we were there was paper FP and before with no FP) In terms of just doing the parks. It’s been like a semester of a college course. Anyway cheers November peeps, and can Fantasmic PLEASE be back by then?
I'm with you on Fantasmic! I made our dinner reservation time with the show possibility in mind. Fingers crossed.

Just booked our trip for November 12-17 at Pop Century.:dancer:

DH & I last went in Nov 2020 for our 20th anniversary. (Masks and all!) DS19 and DD14 haven't been in 4 years, so we are super stoked to show them Galaxy's Edge.

Excited to have Genie+ and Lightening Lanes, even though we have to pay. The Nov 2020 trip was a nightmare with no Fast Passes, and I swore I wouldn't be back until they were.

Sat down and did some math for food gift cards. We are usually Dining Plan people, only for the peace of mind of prepaying and not having to think about money. Luckily I read about buying discount gift cards at Target with a Red Card. I'm going to purchase cards to pay for our resort/tickets/food. Should be a hefty savings!

Times have changed and times are strange
Here I come, but I ain't the same
Mickey, I'm coming home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter