OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

23 days for us and here is our current plan! Nervous about the holiday crowds but we are going to roll with it!

11/17 Leave after DD is done with school. We are driving from Louisiana so typicaly we get a hotel a few hours outside of Orlando on our first travel day.
11/18 Arrive in the early afternoon and check into POP! MK Fastpasses for 7DMT SM AND BTMRR. Dinner QS most likely Pecos Bill's.
11/19 Epcot Fastpasses for FEA MS and SSE. QS lunch I'm thinking Mexico or France. After a break at the resort back to MK to watch HEA. QS for dinner maybe Casey's.
11/20 AK Fastpasses for NRJ and Dinosaur. QS Lunch at Flame Tree then an afternoon break at the resort. Back to AK for a sunset KS Fastpass and an ADR at Yak & Yeti. Maybe head to HS after.
11/21 HS Fastpasses TS ToT and ST. QS lunch at PizzeRizzo. Mid day break then we will decide which park we want to spend the evening in.
11/22 MK Fastpasses for SDMT PPF and BTMRR. Lunch ADR at Skipper Canteen. Mid day break and the an ADR for dinner at Whispering Canyon. Back to MK?
11/23 MK Fastpasses for SM BTMRR and SM. QS lunch maybe Pinocchio Haus. After a mid day break back to MK for an ADR at Crystal Palace.
11/24 DH's Birthday! AK Fastpass for PW then at 10:00 we are doing the Caring for Giants tour. More Fastpasses for FOP and KS. QS lunch in Pandora. Mid day break. Dinner ADR at Boma traditionly our Disney BDay celebration restaurant. We always have to spend our last night in MK.
11/25 Checking out and doing a 12 hour drive home. Sad but not too sad because we already have Mardi Gras break booked at the YC! Yay!

Last edited:
23 days for us and here is our current plan! Nervous about the holiday crowds but we are going to roll with it!

11/17 Leave after DD is done with school. We are driving from Louisiana so typical we get a hotel a few hours outside of Orlando on our first travel day.
11/18 Arrive in the early afternoon and check into POP! MK Fastpasses for 7DMT SM AND BTMRR. Dinner QS most likely Pecos Bill's.
11/19 Epcot Fastpasses for FEA MS and SSE. QS lunch I'm thinking Mexico or France. After a break at the resort back to MK to watch HEA. QS for dinner maybe Casey's.
11/20 AK Fastpasses for NRJ and Dinosaur. QS Lunch at Flame Tree then an afternoon break at the resort. Back to AK for a sunset KS Fastpass and an ADR AT Yak & Yeti. Maybe head to HS after.
11/21 HS Fastpasses TS ToT and ST. QS lunch at PizzeRizzo. Mid day break then we will decide which park we want to spend the evening in.
11/22 MK Fastpasses for SDMT PPF and BTMRR. Lunch ADR at Skipper Canteen. Mid day break and the an ADR
for dinner at Whispering Canyon. Back to MK?
11/23 MK Fastpasses for SM BTMRR and SM. QS lunch maybe Pinocchio Haus. After a mid day break back to MK for an ADR at Crystal Palace.
11/24 DH's Birthday! AK Fastpass for PW then at 10:00 we are doing the Caring for Giants tour. More Fastpasses for FOP and KS. QS lunch in Pandora. Mid day break. Dinner ADR at Boma traditionly our Disney BDay celebration restaurant. We always have to spend our last night in MK.
11/25 Checking out and doing a 12 hour drive home. Sad but not too sad because we already have Mardi Gras break booked at the YC! Yay!

What part of La are you driving from? We are driving from Baton Rouge for the first time!

We've been planning for two years and in the last 6 months I'd say I've had a handful of really realistic dreams that I'm in Disney having a great time. When I wake up I'm so disappointed lol.

I've had one or two of those happy dreams. They are fantastic! I love waking up from them because I feel like my planning is paying off. But I've had at least a half dozen more where we are at Disney and everything is horrible. The kids are miserable, or I forgot to make our FPs, or we miss our ADRs. I wake up in such a panic, it's horrible. I noticed they were more frequent around FP and ADR time, though.

11/17 Leave after DD is done with school. We are driving from Louisiana so typicaly we get a hotel a few hours outside of Orlando on our first travel day.
11/20 AK Fastpasses for NRJ and Dinosaur. QS Lunch at Flame Tree then an afternoon break at the resort. Back to AK for a sunset KS Fastpass and an ADR at Yak & Yeti. Maybe head to HS after.
11/22 MK Fastpasses for SDMT PPF and BTMRR. Lunch ADR at Skipper Canteen. Mid day break and the an ADR for dinner at Whispering Canyon. Back to MK?

Great plans

We will be returning for Mardi Gras as well.

Hopefully weather will be good like last year however MG is a few weeks earlier, maybe cooler

Great walking around hearing "who dat and geaux tigers" all day long

Great plans

Hopefully weather will be good like last year however MG is a few weeks earlier, maybe cooler

Awesome! We have lived by the parade route for 15yrs so we need a MG break! Also it's our first year to have APs so naturally we have to get in as many visits as we can.

Great plans

Awesome! We have lived by the parade route for 15yrs so we need a MG break! Also it's our first year to have APs so naturally we have to get in as many visits as we can.

I asked my 7 yr old if she wanted to skip MG and she thought I was going crazy! We never miss it.

We have APs now, too, so we decided to pop in for MLK weekend :)

ONE WEEK! ONE WEEK! One week from tonight I'll be at the Halloween party after checking in to Boardwalk! I cannot wait! It will be a much needed break! I am so stressed by life lately I just can't wait to be in my happy place! Our plans:

11/1: Check in to Boardwalk. Head to MK for MNSSHP
11/2: W&D Race Expo, then Epcot for F&W and FastPasses. Dinner at Chefs de France
11/3: DAK . FoP!!!!!! Lunch at Satu'li. Dinner at Tiffins.
11/4: W&D 10K, DHS FP's, Dinner at Trattoria al Forno, early to bed
11/5: W&D Half, brunch at Cali Grill, nap, Dismeet, W&D after party
11/6: MK, all the rides, dinner at BOG
11/7: Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, FP's, F&W lunch, Tragical Express and home

I know it'll fly by when we're there, but I'm so ready for the magic!

As for favorite snacks, I'm looking foward to:

• Pumpkin Waffle Sundae from Sleepy Hollow
  • Blood Orange Margarita from La Cava
  • Slushie in France
  • Grapefruit Beer
  • A Churro
  • Whatever I find at F&W
Right now I would just list a million drinks! :drinking1Because that is what life is throwing at me right now! :rotfl:

• Slushie in France
  • Grapefruit Beer
  • A Churro
  • Whatever I find at F&W
Right now I would just list a million drinks! :drinking1Because that is what life is throwing at me right now! :rotfl:

Ooh! I definitely want to try one of those waffles! Are they only sold during the party? (And how long is the line usually?)
I never get many snacks but that’s going to change this trip!!
Snacks I’m looking forward to:
-empanadas from Mexico
-cronut
-cinnamon roll from Gaston’s
-macaron ice cream sandwich
-POG juice (jungle juice slushy if I can find it!)
-citrus swirl

It's panic time for us! We've been dieting heavily for the past 5 months and I myself have managed to lose about 3 and a half stone. But because our holiday is literally just 12 days until we go, we're having to go and buy new clothes. But we have to wait until payday, which is the 31st of October. That gives us 6 days to try and get everything sorted! My partner is particular about everything being just so, so it'll be all fun and games those 6 days haha :)

I really want to try Peco Bills this trip if we can.
My nacho loving daughter loves this place. It's become her go-to when she pops over to MK on her off days. She's thin as a rail and can pack away food but even she's said the adult portion of nachos could be split easily! I've never tried anything there but I have a feeling that's gonna change when we visit over thanksgiving!
It's panic time for us! We've been dieting heavily for the past 5 months and I myself have managed to lose about 3 and a half stone. But because our holiday is literally just 12 days until we go, we're having to go and buy new clothes. But we have to wait until payday, which is the 31st of October. That gives us 6 days to try and get everything sorted! My partner is particular about everything being just so, so it'll be all fun and games those 6 days haha :)
But what an awesome excuse to go clothes shopping! Congratulations on the weight loss.

Only 8 more days and our MDE luggage tags finally came!!! The kids and I are packed except for the few items that can't go in until the end. Still need to get my fiancé' bag packed, perhaps I can convince him to start over the weekend.

As for snacks and drinks... I'm looking forward to having a Dole Whip, so many items at F & W that I can't begin to list and I am definitely wanting to try the Bloody Orange Cider at DHS.:yay:

ONE WEEK! ONE WEEK! One week from tonight I'll be at the Halloween party after checking in to Boardwalk! I cannot wait! It will be a much needed break! I am so stressed by life lately I just can't wait to be in my happy place! Our plans:

11/2: W&D Race Expo, then Epcot for F&W and FastPasses. Dinner at Chefs de France
11/7: Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, FP's, F&W lunch, Tragical Express and home

Good luck with the races! I did the 10K last year and had so much fun. I really was hoping to do the half this year but we didn't think we would make it back - our Thanksgiving trip is a bonus we weren't expecting this year :) Maybe next year I'll be back in the race :)

Aw thank you @Monykalyn

You're right; clothes shopping is always great! Although with it being November I'm still baffled as to what we can take.
I’m the same. I’ve made too many lists and packed multiple times but I end up unpacking. Everyone keeps saying layers so I’m just trying to go with that. I’ve only ever visited in June and early October when it’s almost guaranteed to be hot and humid.

I’m the same. I’ve made too many lists and packed multiple times but I end up unpacking. Everyone keeps saying layers so I’m just trying to go with that. I’ve only ever visited in June and early October when it’s almost guaranteed to be hot and humid.

This is exactly like me. I haven't packed anything yet, but I'm having to debate with myself about what I should take. I suppose there's always the Disney store's there if there's anything we need though.

I can't wait to hear how you like the Boardwalk. We're staying there too and I'm so excited. Have fun on your trip and good luck with your races!

• Slushie in France
  • Grapefruit Beer
  • A Churro
  • Whatever I find at F&W

I wish I could try that pumpkin waffle sundae. Sounds awesome!

Good job on the weight loss! I have no idea what to pack either. I'm going with layers. I think I'm going to see if I can find a light fleece for dd5 so we have that for the airport ride from our home. Probably won't need it but you never know.

My nacho loving daughter loves this place. It's become her go-to when she pops over to MK on her off days. She's thin as a rail and can pack away food but even she's said the adult portion of nachos could be split easily! I've never tried anything there but I have a feeling that's gonna change when we visit over thanksgiving!

I can't wait to eat the nachos. I joke with dh that I could easily put away the nacho challenge there by myself.

This is exactly like me. I haven't packed anything yet, but I'm having to debate with myself about what I should take. I suppose there's always the Disney store's there if there's anything we need though.

Good point! We definitely have options if we need to buy something there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter