OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Hi all!
I was wondering if I can get your opinion. If you have ever experienced both or heard someone who has, what do u think is better, play and dine breakfast at Hollywood Studios or Minnie’s seasonal lunch. I was able to snag both with fantasmic. I’m torn between the 2. I also have a 5:30 sci fi Because we must eat in cars:) I’m not sure if our 11:30 lunch will make us too full for our 5:30 dinner?? I love that it’s seasonal Minnie though and everything is christmassy. Breakfast prob would be better but I’m not sure, any thoughts??

Does anyone know if it is possible to get dessert party tickets this late? We are 3 weeks out. I was able to move my CRT up an hour and a half to 7:00. Now, I want to possibly book the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party. It's my son's 7th b-day this day. Has anyone had luck getting these last minute? I just booked a restaurant cake to come to the table so there will be something, but I think my kids would love the dessert party and this will be our only night seeing happily ever after while there.

If you are on this board and are doing a trip report please let me know. I totally failed at doing a PTR HA!

But I might get around to an actual trip report at least a food report. :)

Ooh! I definitely want to try one of those waffles! Are they only sold during the party? (And how long is the line usually?)

I think they were originally, but I think now they are selling them all day? I'm not 100% sure on that, but I think I read it on one of the Halloween boards. Not sure when you travel, but I can let you know next week for sure! (Fingers crossed I remember....)

Good luck with the races! I did the 10K last year and had so much fun. I really was hoping to do the half this year but we didn't think we would make it back - our Thanksgiving trip is a bonus we weren't expecting this year :) Maybe next year I'll be back in the race :)

This is my 3rd year doing W&D and I am extremely excited about the courses this year! I love Food & Wine and this time of year at Disney so it's all my favorite things wrapped up in one! I'm glad you get a bonus trip for Thanksgiving! Maybe I'll see you on the course next year!

I can't wait to hear how you like the Boardwalk. We're staying there too and I'm so excited. Have fun on your trip and good luck with your races!

I'll try to post here or in the Boardwalk thread once I'm checked in or during our trip to let you know how I like it. I am very excited though since it's our first stay there.

If you are on this board and are doing a trip report please let me know. I totally failed at doing a PTR HA!

But I might get around to an actual trip report at least a food report. :)

I have a PTR going now and will have a trip report once I get home and get some pictures resized, after our trip.

I don't think I could do a TR and keep up with it. Maybe a dining report. I'm just so bad at remembering to take pics of things which is the best part of dining reports. I love reading all the reports though so if you do one post here so I can follow it.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get dessert party tickets this late? We are 3 weeks out. I was able to move my CRT up an hour and a half to 7:00. Now, I want to possibly book the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party. It's my son's 7th b-day this day. Has anyone had luck getting these last minute? I just booked a restaurant cake to come to the table so there will be something, but I think my kids would love the dessert party and this will be our only night seeing happily ever after while there.

People do cancel them occasionally so if you keep checking you might get one. I'm not sure if I would do one after a 7pm dinner because my kids wouldn't eat anything. But that's just my opinion. I've never been to one but they look like a lot of food from the reviews I've read. Looks like fun though and would be a cool way to celebrate a birthday.

I have a PTR started and plan on working on it more tonight...I don't know how to add a link...

You can pull the URL from the address bar at the top of the page when you're in the report and that should link us to it. If you want it to be nicely highlighted without the messy URL then you can highlight, "view my trip report" or whatever and hit the little link icon above the post and put it there and it will link it for you. :)

So I was at a meeting downtown today and stopped in to the Disney Store to see if I could buy our MagicBands. We're staying at the Swan so they don't send them and, while I guess we don't really need them, we're doing a lot of EMH so I figure they'll be worth it and... well I just kind of want them because everyone else has them.

So they don't stock them at the stores--only online and at the Parks and Resorts. We can buy them at the Swan but the idea of waiting until we're already there to set up part of our MDE account just rubs me the wrong way. So I ordered them online today. Six dollars shipping. Man, I hate paying for shipping. It's free if I spend $75. Well we quite often end up coming back from vacation with matching t-shirts (yeah, we're that couple) so maybe we just start out that way. It'll be cute. Cool the ones I want are just the right price to get us over hump. Dang, they're on sale! What?! OK, no problem. A Groot Christmas ornament for dh's stocking--very cute. Dang, it's on sale too! OK, I'll just add a Pooh and friends ornament for my stocking, also on sale. WTH? But still enough to get us over the hump.

So I got my free shipping and it only cost me an extra $50! Woohoo! :) :)

So I was at a meeting downtown today and stopped in to the Disney Store to see if I could buy our MagicBands. We're staying at the Swan so they don't send them and, while I guess we don't really need them, we're doing a lot of EMH so I figure they'll be worth it and... well I just kind of want them because everyone else has them.

So they don't stock them at the stores--only online and at the Parks and Resorts. We can buy them at the Swan but the idea of waiting until we're already there to set up part of our MDE account just rubs me the wrong way. So I ordered them online today. Six dollars shipping. Man, I hate paying for shipping. It's free if I spend $75. Well we quite often end up coming back from vacation with matching t-shirts (yeah, we're that couple) so maybe we just start out that way. It'll be cute. Cool the ones I want are just the right price to get us over hump. Dang, they're on sale! What?! OK, no problem. A Groot Christmas ornament for dh's stocking--very cute. Dang, it's on sale too! OK, I'll just add a Pooh and friends ornament for my stocking, also on sale. WTH? But still enough to get us over the hump.

So I got my free shipping and it only cost me an extra $50! Woohoo! :) :)

Lol. Gotta love "free" shipping. I do that all the time. "I'd hate to pay shipping so I'll add an extra $x worth of stuff I didn't know I needed to get it for free"

DS7 just came home to tell me he wants to go to a hibachi place for his birthday like we did for mine. His birthday is 4 months away. Lol. I guess really liked it. Now I’m thinking I should book Teppen Edo for a surprise for him. We always do things for dd5 like princess dining so it’d be nice for him to go this. I think I can work it in just need to find a cancellation when one pops up.

so many items at F & W that I can't begin to list

I just went through the F&W booklet (had a fellow TA send me some when she went in Sept) and marked off everything I want to try. It's going to take our whole trip for me to get all that done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter