"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wonder if this means they will change the castle lighting that used to occur prior to close on party nights. When I read about that last year I thought it was foolish to have a special event like that so close to park closing as it would encourage so many day guests to stay right until closing and make it harder for cast members to get them out in a timely manner.

Are you referring to Frozen Holiday Wish? It was offered ~6:15pm for day guests and during party for party guests.

With that being said & to post before this one (I commented when you originally had this concern/question.) Any thing is possible, but park hours change the month of too. Last year, I went for Halloween and park hours changed in August, September and the 1st week in October for October.

Disney did better last year as compared to previous years of clearing out park and checking wristbands, but it still needs improvement. No less than 10 people were removed from Dessert Party parade viewing, after myself & another guest commented on no bands. Then about 5 CMs did a sweep & cleared them out and monitored more until parade was over. Day guests complaining about leaving early, but most want to eat and shop, i.e. hide to experience party without paying. Then party guests are complaining more, which they rightfully should, about non-party guests having ADRs during party, shopping for party exclusive merchandise, and siting on Main St. for parade. So if this is true, hopefully they have a plan to clear out non-party guests.

However, I feel this has more to do with ADRs than park closing early. Last year ADRs during party was not updated until June & most PP have reserved ADRs by then, then pop-up and emails went out regarding needing a party ticket for those times. So lots of PP complaining (non-party guests) about eating before party, so doesn't matter if party started if still in restaurant & would leave park immediately after eating even if party was going on.

We are definitely attending MNSSHP but are probably making a weekend trip to hit the Christmas party this year as well. We have been to the Halloween parties the past two years and love them but have never hit a Christmas party.

Are you referring to Frozen Holiday Wish? It was offered ~6:15pm for day guests and during party for party guests.
However, I feel this has more to do with ADRs than park closing early. Last year ADRs during party was not updated until June & most PP have reserved ADRs by then, then pop-up and emails went out regarding needing a party ticket for those times. So lots of PP complaining (non-party guests) about eating before party, so doesn't matter if party started if still in restaurant & would leave park immediately after eating even if party was going on.
Yes I was talking about the frozen holiday wish. My thought simply was that if they are trying to thin the crowd prior to 7 pm a show scheduled to start That late would seem to have the opposite effect as people would stay in order to see it. Perhaps I'm wrong and it leads to mass exodus immediately following (like the Main Street parade used to do) but I figured that giving people a reason to stay until right before closing would make it harder for them to clear the park. Honestly I'm not really worried about it was more an observation. At MNSSHP it as in our experience they checked bands in order to get into character lines/lands etc but it would stink to have Main Street super mobbed when we go to see it "snow" if the day guests are hanging out after 7.
I do agree I think it is to prevent late ADRs for non party guests as well as clear the standby ques as much as possible (by ending FP at 6). I wonder if they will officially change published park hours in advance or if it will simply be like when they "decide" the day of to stay open an hour late.

Should we do the party mid trip (day before a resort day) or last night at disney (day before we fly home)? We have a 6 year old who will happily stay up late.

Should we do the party mid trip (day before a resort day) or last night at disney (day before we fly home)? We have a 6 year old who will happily stay up late.

Take this with a grain of salt since I haven't been to a MVMCP yet.

For my wife, son and I, I would prefer to do it mid-early in the trip. While that would be one heck of a way to end a trip on a high note, I think with just how tired we'd be, it would make the travel home a little miserable. And I'm just talking my wife and I, LOL. My boy is 9 and he's still invincible and made of rubber.

Truly a personal preference and depends on what you plan to do on the other days. We've attended a MVMCP on Day 2 of trip, That was fine and the only party we could attend. Last year we attended 2 MNSSHP back to back, October 30th & 31st. We checked out on November 1st but not an issue, we were flying and had an afternoon flight. So didn't leave resort until around 1pm. Slept in, breakfast, park with 3 FP+, back to resort for DME. Very tired, but loved it and slept on bus and plane. This year we will do MVMCP in the middle of our trip. Could do it at beginning, but not.

For me, I'd rather go at the beginning or middle of the trip rather than the last night. I don't want the sadness of going home the next day to take anything away from the joy of the party!

For me, I'd rather go at the beginning or middle of the trip rather than the last night. I don't want the sadness of going home the next day to take anything away from the joy of the party!
This makes sense. But if we have to leave at 6 the last night and go back to the resort...I feel like that will feel sad too. Right?

I agree with this! Our last night has a MVMCP and we might go because we think it would be sad to leave at 6:00 our last night.:sad1:

When we did the Halloween party in 2015 we went on our last night for that reason and plus I knew we would be tired the next day and at least we would just be traveling and not trying to go into a park. I think it worked well for us and we are doing the Christmas party on our last night this time. Going out with a bang!

We did MVMCP for the first time last year during a 3 night trip. We went on our last night because it was a Sunday as opposed to going on a Friday. We really did end the visit with a bang and ended on such a high note.
It ended up working very well because we are rope-droppers and I would have hated to feel like I missed out on precious park time the following day.
We're going again this year for 4 nights and will go to MVMCP our last night as well. Day 1 MK, Day 2 EP, Day 3 MVMCP . Our flight the next day doesn't leave until 1 p.m. so that will be the only morning we be able to actually sleep in, lol!

All that being said - if we were going for more nights and we had an off day I would plan the party for the night before.

Will be doing our 3rd MVMCP in as many years (love this party :santa:). This year will be doing the first party of the year on Nov 9th. I've found statistics for the 2015 party (ride lines, sell out info). I can't seem to locate anything for 2016. o_O What I'm looking for is the sell-out time frames for 2016 party dates. My wife's family will be doing they're first party with us and we don't want to get sold out on this.

Any info/links that can be provided would be greatly appreciated :D

Doug :goofy:

Will be doing our 3rd MVMCP in as many years (love this party :santa:). This year will be doing the first party of the year on Nov 9th. I've found statistics for the 2015 party (ride lines, sell out info). I can't seem to locate anything for 2016. o_O What I'm looking for is the sell-out time frames for 2016 party dates. My wife's family will be doing they're first party with us and we don't want to get sold out on this.

Pretty sure the first page of this thread has info about last year's dates that sold out.

Post #2

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it...

We will be coming for 13 days. We bought 10 day passes. I figured if we bought tickets for MVMCP, that could be an 11th day in parks. Then I can leave travel days with no park entry.

My question is, if I go to a party midway through my trip, do they deduct that day from your park entry days? I don't want to get to my last day and see that they thought I went to the park 10x already.

Does that make sense?

Actually found it in Post #3......thanks. Great info here to. Feel comfortable waiting a bit as in 2016 the 1st party didn't sell out (according to this thread.......which I'm pretty comfortable with). Surely won't wait that long but better positioned for purchase in August :D

Thanks again!

Actually found it in Post #3......thanks. Great info here to. Feel comfortable waiting a bit as in 2016 the 1st party didn't sell out (according to this thread.......which I'm pretty comfortable with). Surely won't wait that long but better positioned for purchase in August :D

Thanks again!

Yes, Post #3. Posted without checking. Post #2 on different thread from last year. o_O

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it...

We will be coming for 13 days. We bought 10 day passes. I figured if we bought tickets for MVMCP, that could be an 11th day in parks. Then I can leave travel days with no park entry.

My question is, if I go to a party midway through my trip, do they deduct that day from your park entry days? I don't want to get to my last day and see that they thought I went to the park 10x already.

Does that make sense?

Post #1 --
When do MVMCP Tickets go on sale?

2017 - Tickets go on sale on May 10th. Tickets were released prior to prices being announced.

>>>>>>Please note that MVMCP is a "hard-ticket" event. A "hard-ticket" event means you must buy a separate ticket for admission to the party, you cannot use a day of your regular Magic Your Way ticket to attend MVMCP.

You can enter the park starting at 4pm with a party ticket (unless that changes this year).

Post #1 --
When do MVMCP Tickets go on sale?

2017 - Tickets go on sale on May 10th. Tickets were released prior to prices being announced.

>>>>>>Please note that MVMCP is a "hard-ticket" event. A "hard-ticket" event means you must buy a separate ticket for admission to the party, you cannot use a day of your regular Magic Your Way ticket to attend MVMCP.

You can enter the park starting at 4pm with a party ticket (unless that changes this year).

So, does this mean as long as we do not enter before 4 on the day we purchased our party tickets for, the day will not be deducted from our MYW passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!