"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what you have to do to make FP reservations with both a party ticket and a regular ticket on the same day, not create fake people on the MDE account you already have.
Not true unless there was a change since last year. We booked FP last year and the year before for our alter egos using the party tickets (we also had tickets for regular admission those days). "They" are listed as family members under my MDE account not on a different one.

Not true unless there was a change since last year. We booked FP last year and the year before for our alter egos using the party tickets (we also had tickets for regular admission those days). "They" are listed as family members under my MDE account not on a different one.

I still can't see them online but through the app I can reassign the tickets. If I reassign them to the alter ego family members I should be able to make FP+ selections at 30 days? We'll book the hard to get rides with our regular ticket admission at 60 days out and some favourites with 30 days out with the event ticket hopefully!

I still can't see them online but through the app I can reassign the tickets. If I reassign them to the alter ego family members I should be able to make FP+ selections at 30 days? We'll book the hard to get rides with our regular ticket admission at 60 days out and some favourites with 30 days out with the event ticket hopefully!
Yes but you can actually get hem at 60 days. Another glitch with the FP system is the 60/30 day entitlements. If anyone in your MDE account is not on your room reservation they cannot make FP on their own until 30 days BUT they can be included in your (the onsite guest's) FP plans to make them at 60 days. So if you want to get 2 sets of FP at 60 days you need to make FP at MK with the alter egos PLUS someone who is actually on your room reservation. Then once you create the FP you want for the alter egos you can change your non party FP to another park. If you plan to go to MK that day is you can make the same FPs for your "whole" party then change the alter egos FP to what you want them to have. The gist is you can't create FP for the alter egos at 60 days unless they are made in conjunction with someone on the reservation. However once created you can modify them.

Yes but you can actually get hem at 60 days. Another glitch with the FP system is the 60/30 day entitlements. If anyone in your MDE account is not on your room reservation they cannot make FP on their own until 30 days BUT they can be included in your (the onsite guest's) FP plans to make them at 60 days. So if you want to get 2 sets of FP at 60 days you need to make FP at MK with the alter egos PLUS someone who is actually on your room reservation. Then once you create the FP you want for the alter egos you can change your non party FP to another park. If you plan to go to MK that day is you can make the same FPs for your "whole" party then change the alter egos FP to what you want them to have. The gist is you can't create FP for the alter egos at 60 days unless they are made in conjunction with someone on the reservation. However once created you can modify them.

Oh I get what you're saying, I'm going to try this thanks for your help!!

For the ADRs 180 days in advance can we make them after midnight that night? Or 6am or something? Thanks!

ok.. my event tix show up in MyDis app but not correct day.. is this happening to most everyone else? picked the dec 7 but shows up dec 8 and there is party on both nights. Sure hope I don't need another phone call. Confirmation says dec 7

need to make sure its correct because ADRs revolve around the party date.

Last edited:
ok.. my event tix show up in MyDis app but not correct day.. is this happening to most everyone else? picked the dec 7 but shows up dec 8 and there is party on both nights. Sure hope I don't need another phone call. Confirmation says dec 7

need to make sure its correct because ADRs revolve around the party date.
Yes, if you look a couple of pages back it's a known issue they're dealing with, hopefully to be resolved by next week.
You'll also find that while the tickets do show up in the app (with the incorrect date!) they aren't currently showing at all on the web!

Was conflicted between the 5th or 7th, but picked the 5th! It is Pop Warner week so it might be higher than a normal weekday but hopefully still a lower crowd level!

We contemplated shifting our party date to after Pop Warner week since we'll be there until the 13th, actually. We ended up booking according to our plan for the 7th though because my lovely wife reasoned that if Pop Warner is all these school teams and families, then the party may actually be a great time to bank on not many of them being there because of the extra cost/the price went up.

Totally just a theory mind you, but it kinda makes a bit of sense. Heck, I've read so many conflicting reports about the crowds during Pop Warner week (Busy, Not Busy, OMG WHY Busy, Totally Normal) that the only consistent thing I took away from it all is to try and not stay in one of the resorts specifically hosting the teams.

No matter what it's our first MVMCP and Pop Warner week can't change that, right? :)

We contemplated shifting our party date to after Pop Warner week since we'll be there until the 13th, actually. We ended up booking according to our plan for the 7th though because my lovely wife reasoned that if Pop Warner is all these school teams and families, then the party may actually be a great time to bank on not many of them being there because of the extra cost/the price went up.

Totally just a theory mind you, but it kinda makes a bit of sense. Heck, I've read so many conflicting reports about the crowds during Pop Warner week (Busy, Not Busy, OMG WHY Busy, Totally Normal) that the only consistent thing I took away from it all is to try and not stay in one of the resorts specifically hosting the teams.

No matter what it's our first MVMCP and Pop Warner week can't change that, right? :)

My thinking is the same as well. I could be completely wrong since I've never been to MVMCP and I've never been during Pop Warner week. But I just have to assume that these groups aren't going to be paying all that extra money to attend the parties.

Very true, I like your wife's way of thinking! I thought they wouldn't buy park tickets since they will be busy in the day and can get a ticket just for the evening :confused3. But like your last sentence said, it's our first MVMCP :santa: also and we're gonna have a blast either way!

(Off topic rant - we can't get free dining during pop warner week but people can get free dining over Christmas when they don't need an incentive for sales :mad:)

Very true, I like your wife's way of thinking! I thought they wouldn't buy park tickets since they will be busy in the day and can get a ticket just for the evening :confused3. But like your last sentence said, it's our first MVMCP :santa: also and we're gonna have a blast either way!

(Off topic rant - we can't get free dining during pop warner week but people can get free dining over Christmas when they don't need an incentive for sales :mad:)
Confused on your comment, there are no evening only tickets in WDW, only in DL - or did you mean, can't just get a ticket for at night.

I have been there during Pop Warner and as long as you aren't at the hotel they stay at, it isn't all that big of an issue. I am between Sunday Dec 10 and Tues Dec 12 myself right now, I hope that since Pop Warner ends the 8th most will be cleared out by Sunday night getting back to school after a week away.

Confused on your comment, there are no evening only tickets in WDW, only in DL - or did you mean, can't just get a ticket for at night.

I have been there during Pop Warner and as long as you aren't at the hotel they stay at, it isn't all that big of an issue. I am between Sunday Dec 10 and Tues Dec 12 myself right now, I hope that since Pop Warner ends the 8th most will be cleared out by Sunday night getting back to school after a week away.

Yeah that was pretty confusing lol sorry! I meant that since MVMCP is just an evening one-night ticket event Pop Warner families would be more interested in that than purchasing multi-day park tickets since they won't get value out of them!

Unfortunately we are staying at All Star Movies but we have a car and have no plans to use the food court, or bus if there are long lines!

Yeah that was pretty confusing lol sorry! I meant that since MVMCP is just an evening one-night ticket event Pop Warner families would be more interested in that than purchasing multi-day park tickets since they won't get value out of them!

Unfortunately we are staying at All Star Movies but we have a car and have no plans to use the food court, or bus if there are long lines!
Pop Warner is at Coronado this year, so you shouldn't see too much influx at ASM and they get their own shuttles to where they are going for games and and practice so the buses aren't overly effected either.

Pop Warner is at Coronado this year, so you shouldn't see too much influx at ASM and they get their own shuttles to where they are going for games and and practice so the buses aren't overly effected either.

That's great news, thanks!! I've been trying to find info about 2017 but was having no luck!

Was conflicted between the 5th or 7th, but picked the 5th! It is Pop Warner week so it might be higher than a normal weekday but hopefully still a lower crowd level!

We went to MVMCP a couple years ago during Pop Warner week and walked on everything that night (pretty sure it was Dec 6...) I was so worried about the crowds from everything I read, but worried for no reason. The parks weren't very crowded that week either. Don't stress it!

We went to MVMCP a couple years ago during Pop Warner week and walked on everything that night (pretty sure it was Dec 6...) I was so worried about the crowds from everything I read, but worried for no reason. The parks weren't very crowded that week either. Don't stress it!
This is so good to hear. We will be going to the party on Dec. 5th and are so excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter