• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been answered. But need clarification please. If we purchase tickets for the MVMCP can we use those tickets to get into the park earlier in the day? Or do we have to come in closer to the time of the party?
TIA

See Post #1. Lots of details in Post #1.

What time does MVMCP start? What time can I enter the park?
MVMCP officially starts at 7pm. Guests may enter Magic Kingdom using their party tickets starting at 4pm. This practice is not officially advertised by Disney, but it has been exercised for many years and Cast Members will readily confirm this information. None of the party-specific M&Gs or treats will begin until 7pm, with a few M&G exceptions.

How accurate are the Kenny the Pirate crowd calendars? I know all of the parks will be CRAAAAZY busy, but I'm considering switching some parks around based on his calendar. Yes? No?

How accurate are the Kenny the Pirate crowd calendars? I know all of the parks will be CRAAAAZY busy, but I'm considering switching some parks around based on his calendar. Yes? No?

Here's hoping they aren't totally on the money this far out. I mean, yeah...I get that the days MK doesn't have a party they are going to be busier, but at a "red" level on a Monday with school still in session? Is that in comparison to that time frame, or summer crowd levels?

Hey, while we're talking about Kenny the Pirate's calendars... I notice that it says that Happily Ever After will not be showing on the week leading up to Christmas, even on non-Christmas Party days. Is this normal? Will this change later?

Hey, while we're talking about Kenny the Pirate's calendars... I notice that it says that Happily Ever After will not be showing on the week leading up to Christmas, even on non-Christmas Party days. Is this normal? Will this change later?
Wishes was never shown on party nights or after the final party was held throughout Christmas (not sure of the last day around New Year's though).

So yes, that is normal. And I would not expect it to change.

Well, I guess I'm not as interested in the days following the final Christmas Party. It's more the in-between days days like 12/18 and 12/20, where there's Christmas Parties on the days on either side, but then no night time entertainment at all on those in-between days. That seems weird.

They are as "accurate" as any crowd calendar can be. All crowd calendars are nothing more than educated guesses based on the same basic principles....avoid parks with EMH, go to MK if it closes early that day for a special event, don't go to MK on Monday, etc. I would follow them loosely, but not change all your plans around because of them.

Well, I guess I'm not as interested in the days following the final Christmas Party. It's more the in-between days days like 12/18 and 12/20, where there's Christmas Parties on the days on either side, but then no night time entertainment at all on those in-between days. That seems weird.
They will add it. Give it some time.

Any crowd prediction is a guess.......some are more analytical by taking into account historical data, but its all still a guess. Personally I have a couple of guidelines I try to follow:

1. Avoid the MK on Monday and Saturday
2. Avoid Epcot on Fridays and weekends during festivals.
3. Pick my park days without a calendar and then look at several to get a feel. If we adjust we try to do it before ADR day.
4. For longer trips, a week or more, get park hoppers...........gives tons of flexibility.
5. Review historical data (its in Tour Plans for sure)........on some calendars they have both predicted and actual.........which is helpful.
6. Don't let a crowd calendar completely dictate your plans........use it as a guide. Things change far to often.

Again for us these are guidelines.........circumstances can always foul this up. While I do refer to crowd calendars I try not to let them stress me out.

Doug :goofy:

Does anyone know if they have the kiss goodnight after close on party nights? Our final night is for MVMCP, and I'm kind of hoping they do!

They are as "accurate" as any crowd calendar can be. All crowd calendars are nothing more than educated guesses based on the same basic principles....avoid parks with EMH, go to MK if it closes early that day for a special event, don't go to MK on Monday, etc. I would follow them loosely, but not change all your plans around because of them.

See, now y'all are making me wonder about our pre-plans. We are planning on going to MK on Mondays the 4th and the 11th, because we want to see the nighttime stuff too.

Just how crazy are we if we do that? We've never been to Disney during the holiday times.

My flight to MCO is booked pixiedust:. I'll get the return ones later but yes one part was done. I am also close to buying at least one of the tickets to the party :dogdance:

See, now y'all are making me wonder about our pre-plans. We are planning on going to MK on Mondays the 4th and the 11th, because we want to see the nighttime stuff too.

Just how crazy are we if we do that? We've never been to Disney during the holiday times.

That's what a lot of people do during party seasons, so it will most likely be more crowded than on non-party days.

Should we do the party mid trip (day before a resort day) or last night at disney (day before we fly home)? We have a 6 year old who will happily stay up late.
have never been to one, but I can't imagine doing it at the end of the trip. This is our kick off. we check in and head straight to a party!!!
Of course that means we'll be sleeping in the next day, so getting a late start, but it's better than having to get up early to catch a plane! LOL

I know this has been asked before, but I can't find it. If you have an ADR in MK at 5:55 on a party night and have party tickets, it should be no problem, right? They won't cancel on me? It's for BOG if that makes a difference.

My CM friend gave me the Dates & Cost for the Christmas party:

CM Discounts for MVMCP 2017

Nov. 9, 12, 14 and 16
Ages 10+: $65.80 plus tax for Nov. 9 event; $62.30 plus tax for events Nov. 12, 14 and 16
Ages 3-9: $62.30 plus tax for Nov. 9 event; $58.80 plus tax for events Nov. 12, 14 and 16

Have a great time all!

I know this has been asked before, but I can't find it. If you have an ADR in MK at 5:55 on a party night and have party tickets, it should be no problem, right? They won't cancel on me? It's for BOG if that makes a difference.

From my understanding you can enter the parks at 4pm with a party ticket so you will be fine.

We plan on entering at 4 and doing adventureland/frontierland with our DD (2) before party time

Does Frozen Holiday Wish occur every night in MK, or only MVMCP nights?

Is the Enchanted Tales with Belle typically open during MVMCP? For that matter, is everything open?

Last edited:
Does Frozen Holiday Wish occur every night in MK, or only MVMCP nights?

Is the Enchanted Tales with Belle typically open during MVMCP? For that matter, is everything open?

Frozen Holiday Wish takes place every night. I believe on party nights it takes place twice - once during regular park hours and once during party hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter