"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

There are parties Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday of our week. :headache: Annoyed by this. We were planning to skip the party this year. We love the night time. Wednesday will surely be very crowded at MK that week.
You're right..........that Wednesday night is going to be crazy. My wife and I are planning 4 parks in one day event for that day.........was thinking of closing it out at MK but maybe that isn't the best plan given the MVMCP schedule :oops:

Right now we're thinking AK as our opening park (we're staying at AKV so it makes some sense). That would make MK our #2 park o_O.....that seems crazy. However we could then take the Monorail over to Epcot #3 :-)......................and finish the day by taking the boat to HS for the Star Wars fireworks!! :D

I think this is a plan pixiedust:

Doug :goofy:

Last edited:
Hmm.. Our trip was originally 11/2-11/7, hoping to go Sunday the 6th. Whoops. Now we need to decide if we want to keep it that way or go 11/3-11/8 and get to the party on the 7th.. :confused3

Arriving December 1st (non park day) and leaving on the 8th... that only leaves two nights at MK for non party nights, hope they post park hours soon...
On a good note, I'll have three nights to choose from for the party, and might make some of the other parks nighttime activities less crowded.. haha

Am I right in thinking that Disney usually run the christmas parade for day guests after the parties have finished? Does that mean that festival of fantasy will be running up until the 22nd (last party)?

Ok, so we are going Dec. 17-22. I assumed that the last party would be on Dec. 17. Does this mean the Christmas parade and fireworks will not be "regular" until Dec. 23? Will we have to buy party tickets now to see it?

Ok, so we are going Dec. 17-22. I assumed that the last party would be on Dec. 17. Does this mean the Christmas parade and fireworks will not be "regular" until Dec. 23? Will we have to buy party tickets now to see it?

wdwinfo is actually saying the last party is the 22nd.

We plan on going to MK 3 days out of 7 for our trip in December 9-15. Should we plan on all 3 being MVMCP or should we plan 2 parties and 1 nonparty MK day? We have never done the MVMCP before and I don't like huge crowds. Thanks!

Yes, but pmaurer74 is going from the 17th through the 22nd and thought that she would get to see the Christmas parade and Holiday Wishes without going to the party, since typically the last party is the 17th or 18th, and they show them during regular park hours after the last party. But if the last party isn't until the 22nd, then it would make sense that those events would not start running during regular park hours until the 23rd, meaning she wouldn't get to see them unless she buys a party ticket.

We plan on going to MK 3 days out of 7 for our trip in December 9-15. Should we plan on all 3 being MVMCP or should we plan 2 parties and 1 nonparty MK day? We have never done the MVMCP before and I don't like huge crowds. Thanks!

It depends - do you want to see MSEP and Wishes? If you're OK with missing those, then only going to MK on party days is a good idea, since crowds are lower on party days, since most people don't want to go on a day with shorter hours and no nighttime entertainment.

I know the last party is the 22nd but usually the parade and fireworks will not be daily until after the last party? That is much later this year and after my family leaves.

So excited now! We missed the party the last time we went for Christmas and was afraid we would miss it again this time. We will be there 12/17-12/26 so 12/18 party here we come :cool1: I was planning on MK that day anyway so I really don't need to change my plans other than planning on being there mid-afternoon to close instaed of being there at opening.

Yes, but pmaurer74 is going from the 17th through the 22nd and thought that she would get to see the Christmas parade and Holiday Wishes without going to the party, since typically the last party is the 17th or 18th, and they show them during regular park hours after the last party. But if the last party isn't until the 22nd, then it would make sense that those events would not start running during regular park hours until the 23rd, meaning she wouldn't get to see them unless she buys a party ticket.

This. MVMCP parade & fireworks are in the park the day after the last party. This year's last party is December 22nd. So Christmas parade & Holiday Wishes will not be until December 23rd for regular park hours/guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter