****Official May 2019 thread****

We started our five day countdown today! Our first trip to Disney is only days away and I am feeling so excited, but unexpectedly nervous, as well. After all the planning, and more planning, and still more planning I have that tiny fear that my plans will fall apart. Does anyone else get this fear as time creeps closer? Ugh, anxiety.
I deal with anxiety in my day t day life so yes, I also do for vacations. I am fairly busy since I am working (usually I am not before our big June trip so I have more time to have anxiety about it) which helps, but this will be my first time flying in 11.5 years and our first trip without the kids in 8!

So we are at 2 for our May, adults only trip! I was able to get us POFQ for our first night finally about 1.5 weeks ago so that was nice and now we don't have to move on our 3 night trip.

I know this is a good problem to have but because we have so many trips this year (7 total) I keep missing the milestones, like double digit dance, etc! I also keep confusing dining...lol. Anyway, 2 til May, 39 til June, 65 til July. That's as far as I am going right now. I'll think about the other trips this summer when I am off.

:D
So we are at 2 for our May, adults only trip! I was able to get us POFQ for our first night finally about 1.5 weeks ago so that was nice and now we don't have to move on our 3 night trip.

I know this is a good problem to have but because we have so many trips this year (7 total) I keep missing the milestones, like double digit dance, etc! I also keep confusing dining...lol. Anyway, 2 til May, 39 til June, 65 til July. That's as far as I am going right now. I'll think about the other trips this summer when I am off.
Oh wow, definitely a great problem to have!

Can anyone else relate or have similar worries? Not that I wish anyone to have these worries but its always nice to know others deal with it as well and you're not alone.
You are not alone! At Disney we wake up a bit earlier to have a set time in the morning to check work and personal emails so we don't get upset and can't sleep. A fresh mind helps deal with challenging emails!

I feel the same. Although I usually worry that something will happen to a family member and then it becomes a Sophie's choice of what to do. lol.

Actually on our 2014 trip.... I have a very dramatic family member and I told them no crazy or dramatic emails or anything while we are on vacation. Early into the trip we got an engaged and the next morning I get a crazy dramatic email from them(it was sent out to many other people as well)which just kinda put a damper on things. I checked with other family members and confirmed all was well and did my best to not let it get to me but it still makes me very upset to this day(affecting vacation and engagement). Which is why I never check emails on vacation now. So that has kinda scarred me into feeling anxious about things happening on vacation.

Can anyone else relate or have similar worries? Not that I wish anyone to have these worries but its always nice to know others deal with it as well and you're not alone.
We leave our dogs with family members and for some reason I worry about them, lol. Can you tell we are empty nesters? Actually our last trip my sister thought one of our dogs had a little seizure. Fortunately she didn't mention it until we got home which was good because I would have worried the entire rest of the trip. She hasn't done it since and I'm not 100% sure that's what it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter