****Official May 2019 thread****

My birthday solo trip that rapidly expanded to include my sister, her BF, mom, dad, and brother now includes my aunt & uncle & 2 cousins. :rotfl2: My mom texted me yesterday and told me to make dining reservations for all 10 of us...and we leave in 7 days. Pray for me folks, suddenly I'm the travel agent!:laughing:

Oh no, yes I will pray! Last year my parents decided to join us 2 weeks prior. And this year we booked WBC using my in laws points. We casually invited them too and they said they didnt know. So we made all our plans, including a gender reveal on Main St for baby #5, and then 2 weeks ago they said they are driving to Orlando and asked what our plans are while there. We gave them our Disney itinerary but did not mention the gender reveal. I doubt they do Disney and i still dont know if they are coming for sure. Haven't heard anything from them. But we will probably not do the gender reveal. If they knew about it they would want to be there and that's fine with me but I would have to rearrange our plans because they wont be there until late afternoon the day of the reveal. Ultrasound is in 1 week so we need to decide! Maybe DH can get an answer out of them if they are really coming. They aren't really Disney people but would enjoy relaxing at the resort.

I'm pumped. 14 days away, 11 day/10 night trip. Haven't been to DWorld in 20+ years since I was a kid. Finally!!!

Staying at All Star Movies including the DxDP, got 20 Dining Reservations lined up, with 3 days in MK, 2 days at AK AND EP, and 1 day at HS (with early morning magic) and 1 resort day to relax, rent some sea raycers and just chill. We wanted to do one day at Universal, but man, $600+ for single day. Didn't wanna cram 2 parks in one day and spend $600, so we will just use our 8th day on an extra Animal Kingdom Day.

But this feels like a 3 week vacay sorta because I nabbed a SWGE reservation for June 1st!!! And a World of Color dining package for June 2nd for gf's bday, so now with the SWGE reservation, I can book ANOTHER dining reservation at DLR before we enter the land, since I got the 8pm-midnight time... wow, what a cool 3 weeks coming up... now, I just gotta wait these pesky 14 days for this...

Departing day - flight leaves at 12:55am!!!
Day 1 - Arrival at 11am, nap in room, relax from the overnight flight and then shower up and get ready for dinner at The Boathouse
Day 2 - Animal Kingdom - breakfast at Boma, then a light day at the park, then back to the room to change for dinner at The Flying Fish and Boardwalk fun after (will prob leave park around 4-5pm)
Day 3 - Magic Kingdom - full day at the park starting at The Wave for Breakfast, Jungle Skipper Cateen for Lunch and BOG for dinner
Day 4 - Hollywood Studios - Early Morning hours and full day at the park, then early lunch at Mama's, dinner at Brown Derby and some Fantasmic after! This will be our only day at HS.
Day 5 - Resort Day - breakfast at Whispering Canyon, rent some sea raycers, visit the Poly and GF, then head back to room to get ready for dinner at California Grill (this will be a waste going back and forth, but we wanna get dressed up and do California Grill right!)
Day 6 - Animal Kingdom - full day at AK with lunch at Yak & Yeti and then dinner at Tiffins with ROL to cap off the night
Day 7 - Epcot - full day at the park with lunch at Coral Reef and dinner at Le Cellier
Day 8 - Epcot - full day at the park with lunch at Teppen Edo and dinner at La Hacienda
Day 9 - Magic Kingdom - breakfast at Kona Cafe, then a full day at the park with Ohana booked for dinner
Day 10 - Magic Kingdom - breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, then a full day at the park that includes dinner at Hoop-Dee-Doo (hopefully a great last dinner to a great vacation, of hopefully even more to come in the future)
Day 11 Departure day - possible breakfast at the food court at All Star Movies, then pack up, cry and leave Disney World...

... but wait, there's more???....

Day 12 (a week later) - Half day at Disneyland since we're local AP'ers, dinner TBD, then Star Wars Galaxy's Edge 8pm-Midnight!!!!!
Day 13 (the next day) - Bday day for gf with dinner at Wine Trattoria w/World of Color Dining Package!!!

... NOW the vacation is finally over... until we just go back in DL probably a week later to hang out, haaa...

Few notes:

- WDW updated their hours so we're getting a midnight closing on day 3 at MK, along with our last day at MK, we get an extra 2 hours of closing. So happy with this!! Was worried Hoop-Dee would take up the two hours that we can spend at MK on our last day, but was able to modify booking so we got an early dinner at Hoop and then be back in MK with 4 hours to finish off the night and reflect on a fun vacay.
- We do have one left over dining credit, as planned, so we may use this as a breakfast credit on our departure day at the food court
- We will use Lyft mostly instead of depending on buses (we will try a bus or two and see how it really is)
- We are also bringing a $700 gift card (Target RED card) for dining tips, merch and other things. We prob won't use more than $4-500 of it, the rest will be used for our time back at DLR for the dinners we have planned around Star Wars and Bday dinner...oh and as I write this, my gf texts me to say she was just given a $50 Disney gift card from her employer!!! ka-ching!!!

Now time is the only enemy at the moment... oh and I'm already 90% packed 2 weeks out!!!

That's it, folks, that's my life in May and early June, love me or leave me...

Last edited:

Sunday morning can't come fast enough. Lots f errands to do tho today and tomorrow. My dachshund puppy who is a year now has decided he likes to eat my green bean plants as they pop up out of the ground. :rolleyes1 So I have planted 3 times now and I think he got them again this morning so need to go get some fencing to keep him out. He's a pistol. Going to get hair done tomorrow, need to get more dog food and bring the dogs for boarding.

Awesome. Thanks for posting.

We leave tomorrow! Has anybody been checking the weather. I just checked us in for our flights and our boarding tickets say rain/storms for the next five days. Eek.

There's a tropical system that was supposed to bring some heavy rains today(?) and then there is more rain in the forecast. Hopefully it'll just be garden-variety afternoon showers most of the time!

EDIT: And I just checked again and it actually looks pretty good today and tomorrow at least.

There's a tropical system that was supposed to bring some heavy rains today(?) and then there is more rain in the forecast. Hopefully it'll just be garden-variety afternoon showers most of the time!

EDIT: And I just checked again and it actually looks pretty good today and tomorrow at least.

Yeah today and tomorrow looked ok. It was starting Sunday. Hopefully it’s just typical Florida weather and quick downpour for 20 minutes and then back to sunny. But who knows. Either way, it is what it is.

15 more sleeps for me!

Yesterday I was kind of in disbelief that we are going! But today I'm more excited than anything and so ready to go! I have a hair appointment made now (the important things lol), a nail appointment planned (getting Disney nails!) and will be going through my clothes to figure out what I'll be wearing this weekend. So I guess it is starting to feel real!!

Awesome. Thanks for posting.

We leave tomorrow! Has anybody been checking the weather. I just checked us in for our flights and our boarding tickets say rain/storms for the next five days. Eek.
I can only speak for yesterday and today but other than a light short sprinkle yesterday the weather has been great!!
Did the Up Close with Rhinos tour today; got to pet a rhino :love:I highly recommend this tour it was amazing!

I just scored an ADR for Beaches and Cream for Sunday at 12:00!

I already had one for that night at 9:30 but I was going to have to do it alone because my girlfriend didn’t want to stay out that late the night before we rope drop AK on an EMH morning. 12:00 is perfect because we’re planning to play mini golf at Fantasia Gardens when they open at 10:00. Now we can just walk over to B&C after golf.

I just scored an ADR for Beaches and Cream for Sunday at 12:00!

I already had one for that night at 9:30 but I was going to have to do it alone because my girlfriend didn’t want to stay out that late the night before we rope drop AK on an EMH morning. 12:00 is perfect because we’re planning to play mini golf at Fantasia Gardens when they open at 10:00. Now we can just walk over to B&C after golf.

This is encouraging news! Of course, you're only looking for 2 and I'm looking for 7, but I can't believe how many of my dining alerts have sat and sat with no movement. We're just about a week away from our trip now, so hopefully the dining hoarders (said lovingly) will begin to finalize their plans and release their extra reservations soon.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts