*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

Is FOTK a show or parade? I had first thought it was a parade but now comments are making me think it must be a show. Lion King was not our favorite movie at all. We don't get why it was so popular. But, it sounds like something we should we should go see.

It's a show, about 30 minutes. I think it's fabulous- wonderful singers, acrobats, very visually stunning. I'm happy because we didn't get to it last trip, which means we probably saw it last in 2009. I hear the shows will be on the hour, so I have to figure out whether to get to one before our RFC ADR at 12:45, or fit it into the afternoon. That's going to be our sleep-in day.

Is FOTK a show or parade? I had first thought it was a parade but now comments are making me think it must be a show. Lion King was not our favorite movie at all. We don't get why it was so popular. But, it sounds like something we should we should go see.

Its a show. Its often considered one of the best shows on Disney property. Here's the synopsis from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_of_the_Lion_King):

"The show uses songs, dance, puppetry and visual effects to portray a tribal celebration in an African savanna setting filled with lions, elephants, giraffes, birds, zebras and gazelles. In this theater environment, Festival of the Lion King is a traveling celebration presented by Simba and his friends (including a band of four human singers). The show is in the form of a revue, and not a condensed version of either the film or Broadway show."

I have just messed with my TouringPlans some more to include it in our Animal Kingdom Day :thumbsup2

I just had my first, "Weren't you JUST at Disney?" experience!!! I wore my new sneakers I purchased for Disney to work to break them in.
11849_BKHP.jpg

While we were in the hall a coworker commented on my cute shoes and I told her they were memory foam insoles and I got them for Disney this summer. She then remarked with the above comment and I sheepishly said yeah, but this was my parents FIRST time. She just shook her head and laughed.

Wish I would have thought to say, "Don't you go to the Frio EVERY year? And didnt you JUST get back and will go again near August???" Same difference! :thumbsup2

Oodalally13 said:
I just had my first, "Weren't you JUST at Disney?" experience!!! I wore my new sneakers I purchased for Disney to work to break them in.

While we were in the hall a coworker commented on my cute shoes and I told her they were memory foam insoles and I got them for Disney this summer. She then remarked with the above comment and I sheepishly said yeah, but this was my parents FIRST time. She just shook her head and laughed.

Wish I would have thought to say, "Don't you go to the Frio EVERY year? And didnt you JUST get back and will go again near August???" Same difference! :thumbsup2

I had someone very rudely and publicly try to shame me for returning, including how I was "leaching off the army" because we get the military discounts (which has no effect on the army at all) and this was when we didn't even plan to go back until 2016! We've been tight lipped about this trip for that reason. I say the secret makes it more fun haha

I had someone very rudely and publicly try to shame me for returning, including how I was "leaching off the army" because we get the military discounts (which has no effect on the army at all) and this was when we didn't even plan to go back until 2016! We've been tight lipped about this trip for that reason. I say the secret makes it more fun haha

You are a better person than me! I would have went off ranting on her saying she was leaching off the army by enjoying the many freedoms and protection we have in the US. Given the commitment and sacrifice members of the service and their families endure, I think yall should ALL be given lifetime annual passes and a guaranteed place to stay at any and all vacation places.

Ok, rant over! Thank you and your family for their military service! Enjoy your well deserved trip! Let your Disney flag fly!!!!!! :cool1::banana:

Just plain old jealousy. That's all there is to it.

We went to the park and I made a comment to DS about having to go get some things for Mickey. The lady near me asked when we were going. They are going in Sept.

Others are into saying how they don't want to ever visit and how terrible the Disney company is...But their children are decked out in princess gear. :laughing: They can go on vacation where they want and we will go where we go. It isn't like we haven't all been making sacrifices to be able to go...

We went to the park and I made a comment to DS about having to go get some things for Mickey. The lady near me asked when we were going. They are going in Sept.

Others are into saying how they don't want to ever visit and how terrible the Disney company is...But their children are decked out in princess gear. :laughing: They can go on vacation where they want and we will go where we go. It isn't like we haven't all been making sacrifices to be able to go...

I wish there were a smiley that was the white gloves clapping, but there isnt, so this will have to do :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

My trip is pretty secret squirrel as there are a lot who would disapprove for a variety of reasons. On the one hand I want to be able to publicly get all excited about it but it's not worth the headache and is the last thing I need.

On the other hand I'm kind of loving it, a big personal conspiracy and this time next week I'll be on holiday, seeing THE mouse and they'll be going about their daily routine as normal, none the wiser!

Now, I need someone to come tie my hands down because I really want to just pack and go camp out at the airport now, 5 days to go!

As others have said, it's one of the best shows on Disney property. Lion King isn't one of my absolute favorites either, but I do love the music and the show is definitely a celebration of the songs in a tribal manner. I'd recommend at least giving it a shot as, at the very least, it's a nice cool place to take a load off your feet (so long as the new venue is covered like the original).

You are a better person than me! I would have went off ranting on her saying she was leaching off the army by enjoying the many freedoms and protection we have in the US. Given the commitment and sacrifice members of the service and their families endure, I think yall should ALL be given lifetime annual passes and a guaranteed place to stay at any and all vacation places.

Ok, rant over! Thank you and your family for their military service! Enjoy your well deserved trip! Let your Disney flag fly!!!!!! :cool1::banana:

Ditto to both quotes above!! My thoughts exactly!!

Oodalally13 said:

I pick you for president :-)

MOpGrad2013 said:

I agree. Where and how often we go on vacation boils down to how much we give up the rest of the time. We saved all of hubs hazard and separation pay during his last deployment so we could go when he came home (sounded like a good use for separation pay!) and have been super frugal since so we'd have a nice rainy day fund. We don't go out to eat often, so when we do it just makes sense to do it at Disney (;

FelineVintage said:
My trip is pretty secret squirrel as there are a lot who would disapprove for a variety of reasons. On the one hand I want to be able to publicly get all excited about it but it's not worth the headache and is the last thing I need.

On the other hand I'm kind of loving it, a big personal conspiracy and this time next week I'll be on holiday, seeing THE mouse and they'll be going about their daily routine as normal, none the wiser!

Now, I need someone to come tie my hands down because I really want to just pack and go camp out at the airport now, 5 days to go!

I kind of love the secrecy! DH and I have code named WDW the Bean Stalk, and refer to anything planning wise as the magic beans. IE calling about magical express tags was calling about some magic beans. It's been fun!
We're kind of used to the lack of support/enthusiasm. When I mentioned to my family I wanted to go back to school their reaction was "to drop out a third time?" They still have no idea that I enrolled anyways, that when they were at Disney with us last year I was two weeks in to my first semester, or that I've maintained a 4.0 and am starting a summer course next week so I can actually graduate ahead of schedule. I don't know why I keep going to Disney the second week of class, I must like obstacles haha.

It is a show! One of the best! I just got my Fastpass for it today but I love the movie

I pick you for president :-)

I agree. Where and how often we go on vacation boils down to how much we give up the rest of the time. We saved all of hubs hazard and separation pay during his last deployment so we could go when he came home (sounded like a good use for separation pay!) and have been super frugal since so we'd have a nice rainy day fund. We don't go out to eat often, so when we do it just makes sense to do it at Disney (;

I kind of love the secrecy! DH and I have code named WDW the Bean Stalk, and refer to anything planning wise as the magic beans. IE calling about magical express tags was calling about some magic beans. It's been fun!
We're kind of used to the lack of support/enthusiasm. When I mentioned to my family I wanted to go back to school their reaction was "to drop out a third time?" They still have no idea that I enrolled anyways, that when they were at Disney with us last year I was two weeks in to my first semester, or that I've maintained a 4.0 and am starting a summer course next week so I can actually graduate ahead of schedule. I don't know why I keep going to Disney the second week of class, I must like obstacles haha.

Congrats and dont give up or give in!!! Keep studying and show them you're boss!!!!!

I've done a preliminary pack today and much to my surprise I have LOADS of room left in both my hand luggage and hold luggage I guess all that travelling and moving and packing and unpacking has finally paid off! That and I'm now of an age I don't feel the need to pack 20 different "what if" outfits and shoes. I'm 32 and alone, I'm not about to go clubbing every night in a different outfit :lmao:

Could someone remind me to buy a small tube of toothpaste at the airport? I know! But they don't have any in my local supermarket and I'm not going anywhere else to get one before I go. Next journey I make will be my pre-booked airport transport.

FelineVintage said:
I've done a preliminary pack today and much to my surprise I have LOADS of room left in both my hand luggage and hold luggage I guess all that travelling and moving and packing and unpacking has finally paid off! That and I'm now of an age I don't feel the need to pack 20 different "what if" outfits and shoes. I'm 32 and alone, I'm not about to go clubbing every night in a different outfit :lmao:

I just read a trip report where a lady had over 60 (custom made) dresses between her 3 daughters in a 9 day trip. And I'm over here just like "Maybe I'll just pack 2 outfits and do laundry...."

It's a show, about 30 minutes. I think it's fabulous- wonderful singers, acrobats, very visually stunning. I'm happy because we didn't get to it last trip, which means we probably saw it last in 2009. I hear the shows will be on the hour, so I have to figure out whether to get to one before our RFC ADR at 12:45, or fit it into the afternoon. That's going to be our sleep-in day.

Its a show. Its often considered one of the best shows on Disney property. Here's the synopsis from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_of_the_Lion_King):

"The show uses songs, dance, puppetry and visual effects to portray a tribal celebration in an African savanna setting filled with lions, elephants, giraffes, birds, zebras and gazelles. In this theater environment, Festival of the Lion King is a traveling celebration presented by Simba and his friends (including a band of four human singers). The show is in the form of a revue, and not a condensed version of either the film or Broadway show."

I have just messed with my TouringPlans some more to include it in our Animal Kingdom Day :thumbsup2

As others have said, it's one of the best shows on Disney property. Lion King isn't one of my absolute favorites either, but I do love the music and the show is definitely a celebration of the songs in a tribal manner. I'd recommend at least giving it a shot as, at the very least, it's a nice cool place to take a load off your feet (so long as the new venue is covered like the original).

Ok, then. We will definitely make a point to see it.

Today was my last day of school! No kids today. Just cleaning. I packed my entire preschool room and put it in the closet because a group is renting our rooms over the summer. I'm so glad I don't have to think about school anymore and I can concentrate on getting ready for WDW. 19 days to go!

I just read a trip report where a lady had over 60 (custom made) dresses between her 3 daughters in a 9 day trip. And I'm over here just like "Maybe I'll just pack 2 outfits and do laundry...."

No, just no. I make clothes and there's no way on this planet I'd be making 30 dresses fro my offspring (if I had any) let alone paying someone else to do it and just for a holiday which most of us will just sweat our way through!

I'm really quite vain too but that's madness there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter