• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****Official July 2021 Thread****

We love our restaurant ADRS--- but this trip, Savi's was THEE only thing my DD10 cared about !!
As much of a pain as it was to stay up until 11:00pm on a work night, I was sooooo glad not to have to choose either Savi's OR ADRs to reserve first. :thumbsup2
Going July 3-5! This will be the first time I spend Fourth of July at Disney!!!
Plus staying at the Grand Floridian this trip too!!!!!
FUN!!! And welcome to our group!!! :teeth:
Just wanted to give people a heads up that July hours at DHS were extended until 8 pm. :yay:
:mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum

I just booked our trip (myself and 18 year old son, for his 18th Birthday/Graduation) for the end of July.

We haven't been in probably 6 years and after reading the forums, I can't believe how much things have changed, I already feel lost lol.

We are staying at the CS Tower, I have made our park reservations, ordered magic bands, reserved Magical Express and already did the hotel check-in.

I've never been in July so I'm a little worried with the heat/sunburn factor (we are both very fair). I think we will be following the advice to go early, then back to room to rest, then back in evening. The hours/park closure times seem to make that a possible challenge (unless they extend the parks hours).

We aren't big eaters, so I haven't made any dining reservations. I figured lunch would probably be our biggest meal, then small stuff through the day.

Also, was curious...does the base ticket work the same, can leave and return to the same park for the day?

Do the resorts still allow groceries to be delivered?

Sorry for the rambling, it is all so over-whelming right now lol

Any tips would be great appreciated :)

I just booked our trip (myself and 18 year old son, for his 18th Birthday/Graduation) for the end of July.

We haven't been in probably 6 years and after reading the forums, I can't believe how much things have changed, I already feel lost lol.

We are staying at the CS Tower, I have made our park reservations, ordered magic bands, reserved Magical Express and already did the hotel check-in.

I've never been in July so I'm a little worried with the heat/sunburn factor (we are both very fair). I think we will be following the advice to go early, then back to room to rest, then back in evening. The hours/park closure times seem to make that a possible challenge (unless they extend the parks hours).

We aren't big eaters, so I haven't made any dining reservations. I figured lunch would probably be our biggest meal, then small stuff through the day.

Also, was curious...does the base ticket work the same, can leave and return to the same park for the day?

You can leave the park and return to it later in the day. And you can have groceries delivered but if alcohol is included it’s more complicated. I’ve never gone that route so I never had any issues. I always meet the driver, but some have it left with bell services

Hi everyone! Looking forward to a trip in July and switching some things around- I am canceling two reservations and put them on the July cancel thread in case anyone who is going later in July is interested, I will coordinate when I cancel so you have a better chance of scooping them up. One CRT on 7/22 and a beaches cream that weekend. Thanks!

Can we work on AK now ?? Last I saw-- 6PM close in July? The park is so beautiful at night !
NO KIDDING. I would love NOTHING more than to hop back over in the evening for an early nightcap at Nomad Lounge!!!! :goodvibes

Welcome, Disneygrl71 and son! :love: If you'll provide your dates I'll get you added to our illustrious Roll Call. :teeth: Yes, things have definitely changed, but they've changed for everyone so you are NOT alone! Regarding food, do get super familiar with mobile ordering and the issues that go along with it, i.e., planning when you want to eat and ordering way in advance. Also, as Ecomommy09 pointed out, grocery delivery is a great way to go. I'll take it a step further and say if you order through Dizzy Dolphin and want alcohol, they have a system that allows you to order from a chain liquor store, then they do the pick up. If you provide a copy of your driver's license, you don't have to meet them when they deliver. Fair warning, they are a bit spendy, and I say that as one who's used them for years.

In terms of the heat, check out the first page of our forum for some fantastic tips from our awesome July Team. For me, one of my absolute favorite parts of going to Disney, silly as it may sound, is wearing hats. I LOVE hats, and let's face it, there aren't just a whole heck of a lot of opportunities to do that these days in regular life. pirate: I just replaced my greatly adored and well traveled fedora with a nearly identical version, and cannot WAIT to break in the new one!!! :smickey:
Hi everyone! Looking forward to a trip in July and switching some things around- I am canceling two reservations and put them on the July cancel thread in case anyone who is going later in July is interested, I will coordinate when I cancel so you have a better chance of scooping them up. One CRT on 7/22 and a beaches cream that weekend. Thanks!
If we weren't leaving on the 20th, I would be all OVER that B&C reservation!!!! ::yes::

Yay! Our first DVC Trip as owners! July 2-July 5 at Bay Lake Tower, our home resort!!
:flower::mickeybar:earsgirl::earsboy:
As a fellow Texan, let me say welcome to our group!!! :flower1:
Thank you for the wonderful reply!

We will be there July 25-29th! 😃
Got ya on the list!
Will be there July 25-31. First trip to the Polynesian!
Welcome aboard!!! We own DVC at the Poly and absolutely adore it. :love: You'll love the pools, and don't forget to try the completely amazing coconut meatballs at Captain Cooks!!!

We just booked a trip for my DD & I at the end of July. It's her 19th birthday AND we are celebrating her 2020 HS postponed Graduation trip... Staying at the Wilderness Lodge.
Any tips for MK rope drop from WL?
Also how can I get a HS park reservation? No availability as of today.

Okay, my fellow Tusker House fans! Get that ADR game face on Friday morning! :love: :love: :love:

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!! TH is a MUST DO with our fam. :love:
We just booked a trip for my DD & I at the end of July. It's her 19th birthday AND we are celebrating her 2020 HS postponed Graduation trip... Staying at the Wilderness Lodge.
Any tips for MK rope drop from WL?
Also how can I get a HS park reservation? No availability as of today.
Welcome! If you'll post your dates I'll add you to our Roll Call. :teeth: As for HS, keep watching. There's every possibility they'll open up more capacity between now and then.
:mickeyjumIt’s June 1st:mickeyjum
We’re going to Disney next month pixiedust:
:tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger:
we are going this month! Ahhhhh
Show off lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter