Official January 2015 Thread!!!

I peeked on MDE and saw that our Magic Bands shipped yesterday!

They should be here in plenty of time for our Christmas morning reveal!

We need a little cheer with some not so healthy news going on in the extended family right now. This will do us some good.
So excited. So, So, So excited.
:santa:

My trip starts on January 11 and I received magicbands on December 15. I was able to make BOG fastpass plus yesterday. I'm really excited to visit with my DS and DGS.

OK. I had posted before about how TP was forecasting some ridiculously high crowd levels for the end of January. I'm happy to report that that must definately have been a glitch, since they are now forecasting new levels.

1-4 durig weekdays
3-5 weekends

Still a little higher than I'd like for the weekend, but definately doable.

Also, Disney has extended their park hours and parades for my dates as well which makes me both excited and a little nervous!

Only 35 days left to go!

We are thisclose to booking Jan. 12-15! I can't wait and hope that everything works out well. We have an 18 month old and a 4 year old, and I am pregnant....so my expectations are pretty low for our trip. I'm o.k. with that! My 4-year old has such a sharp memory and knows what Disney is, I'm so excited to tell her that we are going! I was always a bit skeptical of those who love Disney so much, but am totally headed in that direction :)

We are going with a 2.5 year old and a 10 month old and hoping for a laid back trip! That's one of the reasons we are going in January! We went in May 2013, and didn't find the crowds that bad, so hopefully we'll be able to take our time and enjoy everything the World has to offer!

Hi will there be disney photo pass photographers on the coarse and will they be at every charter stop?
Thanks

Hi will there be disney photo pass photographers on the coarse and will they be at every charter stop? Thanks

I am guessing you are referring to Marathon Weekend. There will be photographers but they are not with Disney. It is through a company called Marathon Photo and you would have to purchase pictures separately from them.

I'm a little late to the party! DH goes every Jan to S&D for a meeting and we find out late when it is (Oct-or Nov) and then I wait to get a good fare, found one last week so we are BOOKED for 1 day at ASMusic 3 at S&D and 2 more at ASMovies - Can't wait to read through this thread!
:grouphug::grouphug:
:goodvibes:goodvibes

I'm a little late to the party! DH goes every Jan to S&D for a meeting and we find out late when it is (Oct-or Nov) and then I wait to get a good fare, found one last week so we are BOOKED for 1 day at ASMusic 3 at S&D and 2 more at ASMovies - Can't wait to read through this thread! :grouphug::grouphug: :goodvibes:goodvibes

How fun! Welcome!!!

How fun! Welcome!!!

Will u be running? DH trip was marathon weekend for the past two yrs so the kids and I did races but this yr thier conference is later so we will miss it :( Have fun -

just saw your countdown - u r running :)

Will u be running? DH trip was marathon weekend for the past two yrs so the kids and I did races but this yr thier conference is later so we will miss it :( Have fun - just saw your countdown - u r running :)

Yep! This will be my first full marathon AND it's on my birthday too! Yay! I'm so excited! :D

Just joining in! This will be our first trip and we just booked 2 weeks ago so I'm a little behind, but I've been frantically planning and hope I have it pretty much planned! Staying at AoA January 26-February 1.

don't know if anyone else has been following this, but i noticed that FP+ for parades for my trip is now open (my trip jan 22-31, FP+ for parades not available at 60 day mark

Drdrowsy, thank you soooooooo much for the heads up! The parades were the most important FP for my family. My son has severe autism and loves the parades but can't tolerate the long wait if we have to arrive super early to get a good viewing spot. You just made my day!!!

don't know if anyone else has been following this, but i noticed that FP+ for parades for my trip is now open (my trip jan 22-31, FP+ for parades not available at 60 day mark

Yeah! They opened up last Monday I think. So, they aren't disappearing very fast! Hopefully that means low crowds!

Yeah! They opened up last Monday I think. So, they aren't disappearing very fast! Hopefully that means low crowds!

The last week of January is supposed to be a 1 so crowds should be low but you never know, especially after how busy it's been all year.

was there last january, crowds were low, FP+ not "necessary" for the most part, but, with MSEP on a very limited schedule, plus the sweet viewing spot in front of the castle, we grabbed a FP+ for one of the MSEP again this year.

was there last january, crowds were low, FP+ not "necessary" for the most part, but, with MSEP on a very limited schedule, plus the sweet viewing spot in front of the castle, we grabbed a FP+ for one of the MSEP again this year.

Just make sure to double check your FP location. Everyone that got one last week seemed to be in Town Square for MSEP. That's what my FP says. It says, "Preferred viewing location at the flagpole near the Magic Kingdom park entrance".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter