Official January 2015 Thread!!!

We will, minus DH! I was waiting for someone else to start the thread, lol.

I'm hijacking a dear friend's family trip the last week of January '15. DH is a teacher and I'm sick of thinking the only time I can see the mouse is in the hot crowded summer, so I'm leaving him at home! He's now a varsity level wrestling coach, so Xmas break isn't an option, so crowded anyhow. He also doesn't get a full week off at Easter, also crowded. His school district doesn't allow the taking of personal days (or sick days with out a Dr.'s note) around long weekends.

I've never been to Dis during anything less than a crowd level of 7, so I'm really excited.

Another dear friend of mine is a DVC owner and has enough points to rent me and my travel buddies each a studio @$10/point! Her home resort is Saratoga Springs, and she's going to book us there at the 11month mark (to make sure we get in somewhere- it's our 3rd choice) and at the 7month mark try to move our ressie to either Beach Club Villas or Animal Kingdom Villas. This will be my first deluxe stay!

Outstanding! We love going this time of year -- lighter crowds, potentially awesome weather, good stuff all around!

We'll be booking at BLT here in a few days. There's been talking of trying out somewhere different on this trip, but our daughter is still young (will be almost 6) and the ability to walk to MK, where we spend most of our time, is just too good to pass up.

DH and I are going January 21st-30th!!

And possibly my friend and her boyfriend will be joining us!!!! I'm pumped for more people and my DH is excited for another boy coming XD

I don't have my dates set yet, but I went January 7-14, a Tuesday-Tuesday this year and loved it. I didn't partake in any of the runDisney events but next year I'm planning on running the 5K with a bunch of my extended family as part of a family reunion, and then I'm debating whether to tackle the 10K or half. I don't think I'm ready for the full yet! So I'm thinking I'll dates will be January 6-13 (my birthday is the 12th!) but I'm not too sure yet.

Just booked last night, so we're locked in! January 16-23 at Bay Lake Tower! Woo hoo!

jrtoastyman said:
Just booked last night, so we're locked in! January 16-23 at Bay Lake Tower! Woo hoo!

Jealous!! I need to wait till next week to book January 25th - 30th at BLT... come on 11 month window!!! Trying to get a 1 bedroom standard view... we usually do lakeview but I'm trying to avoid borrowing points from the next year.

This will be our first January trip! Still in the early planning phases, but we plan on going the first week of January right after the New Years Weekend.

Jealous!! I need to wait till next week to book January 25th - 30th at BLT... come on 11 month window!!! Trying to get a 1 bedroom standard view... we usually do lakeview but I'm trying to avoid borrowing points from the next year.

We were able to get a standard view 1 BR throughout our trip, which actually marks the first time we were able to do that -- feeling very fortunate. Lake view is fine, but not really worth the extra points -- as a matter of fact, our first "lake view" room was actually a view of the people across the inside courtyard from us, and you could only see the water if you went out on the balcony, leaned over the rail and looked right.

We did have a "lake view" on our last trip on the north side of the building that provided a decent view of the MK, which was very nice, but I'd still rather just hang on to the extra points. We're rarely out on our balcony anyway...

Good luck!

jrtoastyman said:
We were able to get a standard view 1 BR throughout our trip, which actually marks the first time we were able to do that -- feeling very fortunate. Lake view is fine, but not really worth the extra points -- as a matter of fact, our first "lake view" room was actually a view of the people across the inside courtyard from us, and you could only see the water if you went out on the balcony, leaned over the rail and looked right.

We did have a "lake view" on our last trip on the north side of the building that provided a decent view of the MK, which was very nice, but I'd still rather just hang on to the extra points. We're rarely out on our balcony anyway...

Good luck!

Wow!! Do you usually go the same time of year? Or do you think you got standard this time because of the time of year you are going? Hoping I won't have too much trouble since I am booking at 11 months for the last week in January which is earmarked as one of the least crowded weeks of the year. We were just there this past January during the last week and got a phenomenal view of Epcot. We too didn't spend as much time on the balcony due to my adventurous 2 year old, but we always kept the curtains open so we can look out over epcot. Fingers crossed!! Have one week to go and I'm sure I'll have that itchy trigger finger when the time comes :D

Wow!! Do you usually go the same time of year? Or do you think you got standard this time because of the time of year you are going? Hoping I won't have too much trouble since I am booking at 11 months for the last week in January which is earmarked as one of the least crowded weeks of the year. We were just there this past January during the last week and got a phenomenal view of Epcot. We too didn't spend as much time on the balcony due to my adventurous 2 year old, but we always kept the curtains open so we can look out over epcot. Fingers crossed!! Have one week to go and I'm sure I'll have that itchy trigger finger when the time comes :D

We've stayed at BLT in January twice before, but I've only been in a position to book at 11 months one other time. That time, we ended up with a LV room, so even at 11 months, it's not a foregone conclusion that you'll have a SV room open during the length of your stay. It kinda depends upon the people staying there before you, and when people in the SV rooms are leaving, so you just have to get lucky to some extent, I think. Best of luck!

I hope I am posting this in the correct place, and hopefully someone can help me out. We have been to Disney for the past couple of years, so my little boy definitely has his favorite rides. So Jan 2015 he knows we are making a trip to Orlando, but he thinks we are only going to Universal and skipping Disney, but on his birthday January 14th we are going to surprise him with park hopper tickets just for the day and our plan was to let him visit all the parks and ride his favorite rides. Is this realistic? What type of crowds and weather should we expect? Our last 2 trips was in June and November. Is there anything that I could do to make his day extra special? Great restaurants to visit for birthday?He will be turning 9. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

As of last night, I have even more reason to get excited about Januar 2015. The friend that is renting me and my other friend her points called me up and said that she doesn't want us to miss out on the full benefit of DVC over a little thing like money :banana::banana::banana::banana: She is insisting that instead of getting 2 studios, we get a 2 BR villa for just a smidge more money. She basically dropped the price per point from $10 to $8. I'm not used to people wanting to do such nice things for me "just because." We are super excited to have a full kitchen and have a washer and dryer in the unit!!

I'll be there! I'm doing my first solo disney trip from jan 22-30th! I read that last year, January got the S/P/D promo, so I have my fingers crossed, even though it'll be quite a while before we know for sure about deals!

Until then, I have my May trip to keep me occupied. I love planning almost as much as actually going... Okay, not "almost" as much, but I do love it!

Woo hoo!! Just booked Bay Lake Tower for January 25th - 30th... 1 bedroom standard view... I can't wait!!!!

Have you stayed in the standard view before? We've only done lake view but did standard this time -- we don't really spend much time on the balcony or take advantage of the view anyway. Plus, it was available (hadn't been in the past), so I wanted to save the points.

jrtoastyman said:
Have you stayed in the standard view before? We've only done lake view but did standard this time -- we don't really spend much time on the balcony or take advantage of the view anyway. Plus, it was available (hadn't been in the past), so I wanted to save the points.

No... this is our first time in standard... we too have only ever done lake view. We are just trying to conserve points and get out of that borrow points from the next year rut. Plus with having a 2 year old we didn't spend anytime enjoying the view during our last trip... I think we are at the point of feeling like it's important to have the space, 2 full baths and jacuzzi tub are the most important aspects of a room.

Thanks for starting this thread!
We don't know what our dates are yet, we just know January 2015 we will be in Disney. We have gone this time every year for 3 years and now we can't imagine going any other time!

We just planned a few trips this year (we just got annual passes) and are going in May, September, and November and then January 2015. Do you guys have a Facebook group?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter