Official February 2014 Thread...

Today is the day to make adr's. Woke up at 5:45 thinking they opened at 6 to find out they open at 7. Called in at 7 to find out the system is not working and I need to call back later. I'm having a magical day!

We are going Feb 17-21 this is our 2nd time. I hope we get free dining !

We go President's Day week almost every year and they never seem to offer it that week because it is one of the busier weeks. Hopefully I am wrong because I would love to get free dining!

Okay so question for you all! My DH has a conference Feb 17-19. We are trying to decide whether to go earlier before the conference or stay later. I'd rather go earlier so we can spend a few days as a family going to the park together, etc. Especially since it's DD's first trip. I read online how busy it is President's Day weekend though and it seems like getting there Sunday night might be preferable. His conferences are until noon though so I'd feel bad taking the kids by myself to the park that morning without him the first day and waiting until the afternoon for him would be disaster because they'll be ready for a nap (we usually just do naps in the stroller at Disney). Anyway, do you think it's bad to get there Saturday night? Will it be a nut house there that Sunday?

Anybody know why February park hours are coming out? I pretty sure January hours were out before this time last month.

Anybody know why February park hours are coming out? I pretty sure January hours were out before this time last month.

I hope they come out soon! My ADRs are in 11 days and U am going off of last year's schedule as well as 2012's. The two are identical right down to the EMHs.

I just posted this on another thread but I thought I'd share it here as well to see what you guys think:

Whoa. So I just called the number on Disney's website for theme park questions for future visits (407-939-2273) to ask about park hours. It rang once then went straight to a CM, which surprised me. When I asked when Feb hours would be out, he said since they do 6 mos in advance, it should be now or very soon. He said he'd check for me so I have him my dates. I got ready with pen and paper thinking I might actually get somewhere! But nothing showed up in the system. :( I then asked if there was anyone he could ask about when they would be out. He said no, there would be no one else who would know. So I asked if a supervisor would know, and he said no again. At this point he got kind of nervous and stammer-y, going on about how the park hours used to be released farther in advance and then "something happened in the business" and "there was a lot of turmoil" and "things can change at any time" and now park hours are only released "5 to 6 months in advance." So he went from saying 6 months, to 5-6 months.

Read into it what you will, I found the conversation a little odd. I could have straight out asked to speak to a supervisor but I had a feeling it wouldn't get me anywhere. But if others have more luck, please share!

So, it is my ADR day.

I was able to book 1 so far. We got BoG on 2/6 for dinner. :cheer2: I tried to book for a TS before that, in Epcot, and the schedule stated it was not available yet. :badpc:

I am going to try again tonight from home.. But this "new" website for WDW is just a mess...

So jello! I've been trying to get BOG since Monday with no luck!

what days are you going? I am doing my adr's for 2/3-2/13 (cant do our last day yet 2/14), and I can get BOG almost every day! Which I find mildly surprising.

I did book it for two dinners, since I am not overly thrilled with the other dining options at MK.

I'm so sorry I missed this post, lack of sleep/baby doesn't sleep, but was wondering what special offers are usually in February? I'm looking to go Feb 13-17.

I'm so sorry I missed this post, lack of sleep/baby doesn't sleep, but was wondering what special offers are usually in February? I'm looking to go Feb 13-17.

It looks like Stay, Play, and Dine. Pins have already been sent out via email and snail mail. The deal should open to the public at the beginning of October.:)

Oh, just noticed your dates. Not sure, but starting the 14th is peak time so the deals usually black out (Valentine's Day and President's Day= Peak) If you check in the 13th you may still be able to swing it. Just have to wait and see what the black out dates are.

pardon my ignorance..

stay/play/dine? what type of discount is that? I looked it up, but the thread was not very clear, or I am just fuzzyheaded from work today. :lmao:

pardon my ignorance..

stay/play/dine? what type of discount is that? I looked it up, but the thread was not very clear, or I am just fuzzyheaded from work today. :lmao:

In short, with Stay Play Dine promo, adults pay child's rate for room, meal, and tickets.

In short, with Stay Play Dine promo, adults pay child's rate for room, meal, and tickets.

I don't want to sound contrary but I don't think it actually changes your room rate. I believe you pay rack rate on your room and then adults their get tickets and meals at the childs price. It actually isn't usually as good of a deal as the Free Dining for your whole party or the room only discount. It is something though. This is what I have been informed of at least. If you upgrade your meal plan you still pay upgrade fees also. Any discount is better that full rack rate though! I would love it if included a room rate! But alas...:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter