***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

Really wanted to eat at the chef counter "on" my birthday. But ya know what. The whole trip is for my birthday so I'm going to move the dinner to the weekend. If I can get the reservation that is.

I did get Oogie Boogie for September 18th. Never ben!

We haven’t been to DL in over 9 years 😱😱 (but are Orlando locals WDW AP). We got our OBB for 10/27. We will be in town from 10/26-10/31. I’m not buying a day ticket for 10/27. What do y’all do for food on OBB nights? I want to experience all the Halloween we can do a sit down feels like a waste of time, but will QS also be crazy?
Any recommendations?

We are vegan so I’m wanting Lamplight bad. Thinking that for the park day (non OBB). Am I on the right track?

Anything I just can’t miss? THANK U friends!

OBB is a limited number of guests - I don't know what they means in terms or regular park crowds so I have to imagine it's less. Still crazy just not as crazy. lol We're going to do a big meal before the party and probably just snacks while we're there.

OBB is a limited number of guests - I don't know what they means in terms or regular park crowds so I have to imagine it's less. Still crazy just not as crazy. lol We're going to do a big meal before the party and probably just snacks while we're there.
That sounds like the plan I’ve been thinking about too!

So excited for Halloween! I've been following along with the excitement and decided to join in!

Our dates are October 20th - 25th and staying at the Grand Californian Hotel. First time ever staying at the hotel, though we have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel previously. My main draw for staying there is the entrance to California Adventure for Oogie Boogie Bash.

We were able to purchase tickets to both Halloween parties happening during our stay (so October 20th and the 23rd). We've been to many parties over the years, but have never seen tickets sell out as quickly as they did. I also purchased tickets for a couple other relatives traveling with us, so the stress was on! With how quickly things sold out, I guess the stress and anxiety was warranted.

We were able to get a really good deal on first class airfare, so that's another thing we're excited about.

Tomorrow will be 100 days until our trip!

We are in full out wait mode lol. We have all the big pieces figured out. Waiting for our dinning reservations days.

I decided to do a count down for our kiddos. This is "their" tip. Our last trip with them my son was 6 and daughter 2. Now they will be 10 and 6 and it's all about them!

So 100 Mickey heads on my wall! Everyone that falls on a Friday has a Star and on the back is the name of a ride. Every Friday we will watch a ride YouTube video or a movie to go with the ride. This is to get us excited but also help my son with some of his ride anxiety.

Now now.. there are some surprises. I haven't told them about the Disneyland Hotel. My son will freak when he sees the water slides!
FFE43A91-B1FF-458D-9029-9D5141D78AE5.jpegBDF94832-F9A9-459C-9249-DA7CC6F0D81B.jpeg

We are in full out wait mode lol. We have all the big pieces figured out. Waiting for our dinning reservations days.

I decided to do a count down for our kiddos. This is "their" tip. Our last trip with them my son was 6 and daughter 2. Now they will be 10 and 6 and it's all about them!

So 100 Mickey heads on my wall! Everyone that falls on a Friday has a Star and on the back is the name of a ride. Every Friday we will watch a ride YouTube video or a movie to go with the ride. This is to get us excited but also help my son with some of his ride anxiety.

Now now.. there are some surprises. I haven't told them about the Disneyland Hotel. My son will freak when he sees the water slides!
View attachment 681209View attachment 681210

There is NO better way to see Disney than through your child's eyes.

View attachment 681209View attachment 681210
Oh this is so fun!

That countdown is SO CUTE! Your kids will be so stoked to see the DLH when you drive up! I need to do the ride video thing with my boyfriend, maybe get him more comfortable with a couple of the wilder rides we don't normally do since we can't stack LL's of the same rides over and over again. lol

I'm 3-ish weeks away from dining reservations! I'm going back and forth on a couple places and trying to see where they'll each fit into our days.

I've got my mom's flight done, hotel booked, rebooked in a bigger suite, and then re-rebooked with the summer discount lol, park tickets bought + reserved, OBB tickets bought, dogs boarded for the week, scooter rented... we're well on our way! The biggest thing I still need to do is go to the DMV and get my new ID. I've only been putting it off the entirety of the pandemic 😩

That countdown is SO CUTE! Your kids will be so stoked to see the DLH when you drive up! I need to do the ride video thing with my boyfriend, maybe get him more comfortable with a couple of the wilder rides we don't normally do since we can't stack LL's of the same rides over and over again. lol

I'm 3-ish weeks away from dining reservations! I'm going back and forth on a couple places and trying to see where they'll each fit into our days.

I've got my mom's flight done, hotel booked, rebooked in a bigger suite, and then re-rebooked with the summer discount lol, park tickets bought + reserved, OBB tickets bought, dogs boarded for the week, scooter rented... we're well on our way! The biggest thing I still need to do is go to the DMV and get my new ID. I've only been putting it off the entirety of the pandemic 😩
Ohhhhhhh that you for the reminder. My husband needs to go get his gold star...

Super cute! My son will be away at camp at our 100 day mark so we're starting at 90 days. I've been shopping on eBay for fun gifts. Found this Halloween countdown and while shopping for some cute tote bags for trick or treating I found this one of Vanellope riding Marie with lasers. Of course I bought it!
:rotfl2:

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 1.45.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 1.21.49 PM.png

Also waiting for dining reservation days!

We have OBB on Thursday 9/22. Hoping to get a Magic Key Terrace reservation for about 4:30, before the party starts. This is our travel day so we'll arrive, check in the hotel, get ready, and head over as soon as we can. But I'm thinking it would be nice to chill with some drinks and flatbreads during the mix-in time so we are ready to party at 6!

And hoping to get a reservation for dinner at River Belle Terrace on Friday or Saturday night and upgrade to the regular Fantasmic dining package.

We've been to DL resort several times (this is our second year as pass holders) but we've never eaten at RBT or whatever Magic Key Terrace was before. We always try to have something new to experience! We previously did a Blue Bayou Fantasmic package, in 2016. But I'm sure the section for RBT will be just fine, especially since we will go for the second showing.

Other than that - I can't wait to see what treats are coming out for Halloween time!

I dropped my Hyatt House reservation, so I’ll be staying at Portofino. Halloween Time with decorations and overlays. First solo trip. First time to D23. So excited! :maleficen

Park reservations made, OBB tickets secured, hotel reservations finalized...and Delta just changed my flight for the 3rd time and wiped out our entire 1st day😭. Back to the drawing board AGAIN. I'll figure it out, I just came for pity😂.

Park reservations made, OBB tickets secured, hotel reservations finalized...and Delta just changed my flight for the 3rd time and wiped out our entire 1st day😭. Back to the drawing board AGAIN. I'll figure it out, I just came for pity😂.
That's terrible! I would be so frustrated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter