***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

I'm halfway through making our reservations. I'm nervous not making a reservation for the day we want OBB without actually having OBB tickets yet, but at least I only have to wait 10 days.

Ok - Park reservations made! This is the plan we've decided on:

Oct 15 - Plane arrives at 8:30am - DL all day
Oct 16 - DCA (Hop to DL when DCA closes for OBB)
Oct 17 - DL
Oct 18 - Pool Day/DTD/OBB (fingers crossed we get this date!)
Oct 19 - DL
Oct 20 - DCA | Plane departs at 9pm (Hop to DL when DCA closes for OBB)

Next steps - wait for June 30th to get here and stalk the site to get the dates we want & decide on dining reservations!

How is everyone else doing in their planning?

Our plan is OBB Thursday 9/22. And parks Friday & Saturday, 9/23 & 24. (And we usually go for a few hours in the morning before we get on the road, so also Sunday 9/25).

So just waiting until this Saturday to make the first park reservation for Friday 9/22! (We have Enchant Keys) And then the next two days, also!

And then buying tickets for OBB next week when they go on sale for Magic Key holders. Exciting!

I finally got around to buying tickets + making reservations :upsidedow Ended up adding g+ onto everything even though I don't think we'll use it much that first day.. I might do the rides my bf doesn't just because it's available to me.

So now that everything's definitive..
9/26 - drive up that morning, get to hotel anywhere between 9 and 11am depending on traffic/when we leave and check in. DCA day. Leave early-ish to get to airport to pick my mom up around 8.
9/27 - DL
9/28 - DL
9/29 - no parks, OBB. Boyfriend meeting up with some online friends for the first time, hotel/shopping time for my mom and I.
9/30 take mom to airport, spend rest of the day driving home.

Now we wait until the 30th to grab party tickets and then nothing else until July 28th when I can begin checking for food stuff. Playing the waiting game is the worst part of planning :(

Ok - Park reservations made! This is the plan we've decided on:

Oct 15 - Plane arrives at 8:30am - DL all day
Oct 16 - DCA (Hop to DL when DCA closes for OBB)
Oct 17 - DL
Oct 18 - Pool Day/DTD/OBB (fingers crossed we get this date!)
Oct 19 - DL
Oct 20 - DCA | Plane departs at 9pm (Hop to DL when DCA closes for OBB)

Next steps - wait for June 30th to get here and stalk the site to get the dates we want & decide on dining reservations!

I did have 5 day park hoppers then 2 day park hopper tickets for 2 Adults and one child.

Plan had been to do the parks for 5 days then the 2 days were while we were staying at DLH.

I have recently cancelled the 2 day park hopper tickets and got my money back.

Plan is now to make the most of staying at DLH and have a day at the resort to make the most of it. The money I got refunded for the 2 day park hopper tickets for the 3 of us I am going to put the money towards other things. eg thinking of doing the Princess breakfast and maybe OBB.

New plans are:
Monday 10th October
Arrive from New Zealand and do nothing.

Tuesday 11th October
DL

Wednesday 12th October
DL

Thursday 13th October
Possible Princess breakfast/OBB

Friday 14rh October
DL

Saturday 15th October
DL

Sunday 16th October
Check into DLH
DCA

Monday 17th October
DLH day

Tuesday 18th October
GB
fly home

I have based our starting parks on the old days/system of Magic Morning and EMH .

I read that it is best to start at the opposite park unless taking part in MM and EMH.

Should they come back the we have MM day booked and a EMH day booked.

Disney Visa offer just dropped for hotels thru September 29! I went ahead and booked Grand Californian but if they drop a better magic key discount I'll see if I can get a better rate.

1655929489585.png

Our plan is OBB Thursday 9/22. And parks Friday & Saturday, 9/23 & 24. (And we usually go for a few hours in the morning before we get on the road, so also Sunday 9/25).

So just waiting until this Saturday to make the first park reservation for Friday 9/22! (We have Enchant Keys) And then the next two days, also!

And then buying tickets for OBB next week when they go on sale for Magic Key holders. Exciting!

Am I reading this right that this means with the Enchant key you have to make park reservations after everyone else but you get to buy OBB tix before everyone else? lol

I did have 5 day park hoppers then 2 day park hopper tickets for 2 Adults and one child.

Plan had been to do the parks for 5 days then the 2 days were while we were staying at DLH.

I have recently cancelled the 2 day park hopper tickets and got my money back.

Plan is now to make the most of staying at DLH and have a day at the resort to make the most of it. The money I got refunded for the 2 day park hopper tickets for the 3 of us I am going to put the money towards other things. eg thinking of doing the Princess breakfast and maybe OBB.

New plans are:
Monday 10th October
Arrive from New Zealand and do nothing.

Tuesday 11th October
DL

Wednesday 12th October
DL

Thursday 13th October
Possible Princess breakfast/OBB

Friday 14rh October
DL

Saturday 15th October
DL

Sunday 16th October
Check into DLH
DCA

Monday 17th October
DLH day

Tuesday 18th October
GB
fly home

I have based our starting parks on the old days/system of Magic Morning and EMH .

I read that it is best to start at the opposite park unless taking part in MM and EMH.

Should they come back the we have MM day booked and a EMH day booked.
I love the Princess meals, so fun!

Am I reading this right that this means with the Enchant key you have to make park reservations after everyone else but you get to buy OBB tix before everyone else? lol

🤣 YES.

Actually, almost. Since we are going in September I can reserve my park days this weekend and buy my OBB tix next Tuesday. But if you wanted to go later in the season you would definitely be buying your OBB ticket prior to having park reservations. I am not a local but I've never had issues getting a reservation for the days we have wanted.

I know there are a lot of people that plan multiple Disney trips but I don't know how they keep everything straight. I decided to do a 10k for the WDW Marathon weekend. That's in January. So while I'm waiting on OBB ticket sales, I'm working on a quick WDW trip and some times I think I'll wait to plan until the DL trip is all done but then I think but it's too fun to plan, I want to do it!!!

Question for you all -

Where are you making dining reservations for? I'm always interested to see what people like. There are a lot of sit down place we're just not interested in so I've only got a few reservations I'm considering. We're doing Blue Bayou strictly for the experience. The food doesn't appeal to us so we're just going for drinks and dessert. Going to do a Character breakfast on our non-park day. Undecided between Goofy's Kitchen and Storyteller's but I think I'm leaning towards Storytellers and maybe we can do brunch.

Just booked from September 8th to the 13th. I am staying at the Tropicana and hoping to go to OBB on September 10th for the D23 event. I went at the same time last year but by the time I decided to go to OBB the dates were all sold out. This year I am bound and determined to get a ticket.

Question for you all -

Where are you making dining reservations for? I'm always interested to see what people like. There are a lot of sit down place we're just not interested in so I've only got a few reservations I'm considering. We're doing Blue Bayou strictly for the experience. The food doesn't appeal to us so we're just going for drinks and dessert. Going to do a Character breakfast on our non-park day. Undecided between Goofy's Kitchen and Storyteller's but I think I'm leaning towards Storytellers and maybe we can do brunch.
My must eat places each trip are lamplight lounge brunch. The chiliquiles are my favorite! I also like to eat at Napels in dtd as I love their pizza. I like breakfast at storytellers and la brea bakery in dtd to name a few

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter