***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

Question for you all -

Where are you making dining reservations for? I'm always interested to see what people like. There are a lot of sit down place we're just not interested in so I've only got a few reservations I'm considering. We're doing Blue Bayou strictly for the experience. The food doesn't appeal to us so we're just going for drinks and dessert. Going to do a Character breakfast on our non-park day. Undecided between Goofy's Kitchen and Storyteller's but I think I'm leaning towards Storytellers and maybe we can do brunch.
We are doing everything..

Goofy's on arrival day
Lamplight
WOC dessert
Plaza inn character
Blue bayou fantasmic
Princess breakfast
Storytellers brunch the day we leave

Question for you all -

Where are you making dining reservations for? I'm always interested to see what people like. There are a lot of sit down place we're just not interested in so I've only got a few reservations I'm considering. We're doing Blue Bayou strictly for the experience. The food doesn't appeal to us so we're just going for drinks and dessert. Going to do a Character breakfast on our non-park day. Undecided between Goofy's Kitchen and Storyteller's but I think I'm leaning towards Storytellers and maybe we can do brunch.
I am going solo so I probably will do mostly quick service. But I am going to try for Lamplight Lounge for my lobster nachos. I didn’t get them in April and I still regret it!

Question for you all -

I am planning on:
WOC dessert party
Hungry bear on the go for Fantasmic
Princess breakfast at Napa Rose
Plaza inn for breakfast with Minnie (on our daughters birthday)
Story tellers breakfast with Mickey
Goofy's kitchen on our last day for breakfast.

Well, due to just having had to cancel a long awaited trip to France with my daughter in September :sad1:, I just booked my solo trip for September 19th - 27th to cheer myself up. Right now I'm booked at the Portofino Inn but I'm going to try to contact the Candy Cane Inn when they re-open in the hopes that they might have one little ole room for me. I've always wanted to stay there but it's never worked out for me.
Our whole family has been anxious about the major changes to Disneyland, so this is a great opportunity to go on my own and hopefully figure it out somewhat.

got an email from touringplans this morning telling me LOL THE PREDICTIONS WENT WAY UP ON YOUR DAYS GOODLUCK LOSER. ..not exactly, but it sure felt like it :rotfl2:obviously take their predictions with a grain of salt but when we go from days of 3's and 4's right up to 7's and 9's it's rough lol

got an email from touringplans this morning telling me LOL THE PREDICTIONS WENT WAY UP ON YOUR DAYS GOODLUCK LOSER. ..not exactly, but it sure felt like it :rotfl2:obviously take their predictions with a grain of salt but when we go from days of 3's and 4's right up to 7's and 9's it's rough lol
I got the same email! Honestly I wasn’t surprised because I knew the predictions they had were way off with D23 happening that weekend.

Never posted on the boards before! So hello to all! We are going October 8 -13th.

We’re staying at the Disneyland hotel. It’s a pretty big secret .. hopefully I don’t blow our cover!
Our kids know about the trip but they don't know about the disneyland hotel. They have only known the cheap hotels.. we aren't telling them until we arrive.. my son is gonna lose it with the slides!

I'm not sure how I feel about the new early entry.. 30 minutes doesn't seem like enough time?? But excited to see it's for each day so we'll have 2 early days at DL vs the one we had previously. Also got almost $800 off our room stay with the summer discount, hooray! But still impatiently waiting for my food reservations to drop...

alice-in-wonderland-disney.gif

Question for you all -

My birthday is on a Tuesday 9/20 and I wanted Napa Rose's chef counter. Nope, not gonna happen as they do not "foresee" opening up to weekdays. Sigh...time to pivot.

I will be trying for :
River Belle Fantasmic package

Others:
Trader Sam's
Lamplight Lounge

Really that's gonna do it for now.

But specific foods that are traipsing around my brain are:
Plaza Inn fried chicken
Mini Corn dog nachos
Ronto Wrap (original)
I want to try the pretzel with corn from Pym, but it was seasonal. So I'll be sure to check out the seasonal one.

With OBB secure and now knowing early entry info I have all the big pieces of our trip figured out! 103 days!!!

Now to look forward to Halloween food guides and to watch OBB info and videos and make a game plan!!

Time to get serious about nailing down our restaurant choices. One of the iffy ones on my short list is Lamplight Lounge. Lots of people on here rave about it and it seems like a great place to take a break and people watch. But the food just looks blah to me.

I'm also undecided on a Fantasmic! Dinner Package. The last time we went we did regular seats and were just fine. I dont really want to drop this kind of money but the appeal of it has me pondering my options.

La
Time to get serious about nailing down our restaurant choices. One of the iffy ones on my short list is Lamplight Lounge. Lots of people on here rave about it and it seems like a great place to take a break and people watch. But the food just looks blah to me.

I'm also undecided on a Fantasmic! Dinner Package. The last time we went we did regular seats and were just fine. I dont really want to drop this kind of money but the appeal of it has me pondering my options.
Lamplight is my top!

Lobster nachooooossss

We haven’t been to DL in over 9 years 😱😱 (but are Orlando locals WDW AP). We got our OBB for 10/27. We will be in town from 10/26-10/31. I’m not buying a day ticket for 10/27. What do y’all do for food on OBB nights? I want to experience all the Halloween we can do a sit down feels like a waste of time, but will QS also be crazy?
Any recommendations?

We are vegan so I’m wanting Lamplight bad. Thinking that for the park day (non OBB). Am I on the right track?

Anything I just can’t miss? THANK U friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter