***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

Reservations dropped at 6 am Eastern time? Not 6 am Pacific?
i can't say for certain when they dropped.
I checked before I went to bed every night and they were not available.
6am was my limit for waking up early to make reservations.
They were available at 6am EDT on my App.

I have to make a decision. We are taking a trip to Hawaii in Sept and will have a couple of half days free in CA between flights. We want to spend part of a day at DL but not sure which way to go. (We are Magic Key Holders)
Options are afternoon of Fri, 9/9 (about 3p-close) or morning of Sun 9/18 (open-about 2p).
Friday 9/9 is during D23 so not sure how that might affect crowds in the evening, if at all but we would get to see evening shows. Sunday we could rope drop, but miss out on evening events. Can't decide.

We're at 94 days out! I am way too excited for this trip, more so for this trip than other trips for some reason. I have been playing Disney music during my commute :laughing:

I'm anxious for making our dining reservations. I wake up at 3:30am for work, so hopefully everything will go smoothly. We're actually just looking at 1 res for now, the BB Fantasmic package.

We got a smoking deal on flights when we first purchased our tickets. Prices dropped again so I called Southwest and got a credit for the price difference. More funds to put towards our WDW trip!

Count us in for Sept 8th-15th
In town for D23 9th-11th
Will be hitting the parks for 12th-14th with also the D23 OBB on the night of the 10th! This is my 2nd OBB having gone for the first time in 2019, but will be my BFs first!

We currently have the WOC Dessert Party for the 12th, and Lamplight/Oga’s for the 13th.
Debating on a Fantasmic dining package but honestly not sold on it as we have seen Fantasmic before right up front and center.
Even though we have both experienced WOC, we had the less than stellar 60th WOC when we watched it, and BF has not see the classic WOC so wanted to make sure we got to see it together as I did see it in 2019 as well.

Other than that just seeing what else may pop up that we want to reserve food wise but can’t wait!!

I'm curious what this group thinks about my idea below of it you think it is overkill..

Right now we have 7 nights at DLH. Our first day on October 11th, we have to be at the airport at 4am, arriving to Disney around noon. We don't have tickets this first day or our last day. We want to make sure we enjoy the hotel.

At the moment I could change our flight for no extra cost to flying in the night before. Landing around 9pm. I would not book us at DLH this night, but instead use points for a hotel near the airport. We could then sleep in a bit before heading to DLH for our first day there and be rested.

But part of me feels like might be over kill. I also worry about flight delays and things. Our stay and enjoyment of the DLH is part of our trip so I want to be protective of that first day. Hope that makes sense!

I'm curious what this group thinks about my idea below of it you think it is overkill..

Right now we have 7 nights at DLH. Our first day on October 11th, we have to be at the airport at 4am, arriving to Disney around noon. We don't have tickets this first day or our last day. We want to make sure we enjoy the hotel.

At the moment I could change our flight for no extra cost to flying in the night before. Landing around 9pm. I would not book us at DLH this night, but instead use points for a hotel near the airport. We could then sleep in a bit before heading to DLH for our first day there and be rested.

But part of me feels like might be over kill. I also worry about flight delays and things. Our stay and enjoyment of the DLH is part of our trip so I want to be protective of that first day. Hope that makes sense!
If your first day was a park day, I'd say fly in the night before, but as it is, I'd leave it alone. Getting in around noon, getting settled, having a leisurely dinner and getting to bed early sounds perfect. If my family arrived 36 hours before we could go to the parks, we'd go bonkers waiting.

If you can go the night before, I would vote for that. Having to be at the airport that early sounds miserable. I have to wake up at 3am everyday for work and I would still vote for not doing that on vacation! We have started planning our trips to arrive the night before that way it's an actual vacation day rather than a half travel day.

Would your whole trip be one extra day? Or are you just moving everything forward by one day? If you're moving everything I would probably keep it as it is, even though that 4am thing sounds terrible :laughing: If you're adding an extra day I'd go the day earlier but not head to the park from your airport hotel. I'd just take my time getting there and getting settled in the hotel. Explore around a bit more and enjoy DTD, then start at the parks the next day like your original plan.

Actually on rereading what you wrote, I think that's what you were planning anyway? If so, yes do that. 4am sounds terrible.

Would your whole trip be one extra day? Or are you just moving everything forward by one day? If you're moving everything I would probably keep it as it is, even though that 4am thing sounds terrible :laughing: If you're adding an extra day I'd go the day earlier but not head to the park from your airport hotel. I'd just take my time getting there and getting settled in the hotel. Explore around a bit more and enjoy DTD, then start at the parks the next day like your original plan.

Actually on rereading what you wrote, I think that's what you were planning anyway? If so, yes do that. 4am sounds terrible.
Alright! After much thought, and southwest dropping prices so we actually got a credit to change the flights.. we will now be leaving the later afternoon of the 10th! And yes, we are adding, not taking away. I used points to book a room at the holiday inn nearest SNA. We will get there and get a good nights rest and then head to DLH. No parks that day.

So, I'm probably missing something obvious here - but how are people planning their ADRs for September, when the entertainment schedule hasn't been released yet?

My dates will be available to book ADRs soon - but I have no idea whether to try and book Fantasmic packages because I don't know which nights Fantasmic will be showing during my stay.

So, I'm probably missing something obvious here - but how are people planning their ADRs for September, when the entertainment schedule hasn't been released yet?

My dates will be available to book ADRs soon - but I have no idea whether to try and book Fantasmic packages because I don't know which nights Fantasmic will be showing during my stay.
If the fantasmic dining reservation is available, you could assume it’ll be playing. Typically only on weekends in the fall (Fri, sat, sun).

I'm going in with the likelihood that outside of WOC maybe being every other night? maybe being nightly? no nighttime entertainment will be happening on weekdays... and our entire trip is weekdays so it makes it easy. Sad.. lol, but easy.

Speaking of! I start on the 28th and I'm already stressing! What's a Disney vacation without a boatload of stress? :upsidedow Despite my best efforts I have nothing set in stone outside of LL on our OBB day. I keep telling the rest of my party to let me know any "must haves" so I can rate them from most important but so far it's all been up to me. And I'm like, okay? Edelweiss chimichangas all day everyday then! lol

So far, the ADR's open for Sept look like F! will be showing weekends only and WOC will be nightly (sometimes twice nightly), except for OBB nights. Fireworks will be weekends only with projection only Halloween Screams during the week.

I'm going in with the likelihood that outside of WOC maybe being every other night? maybe being nightly? no nighttime entertainment will be happening on weekdays... and our entire trip is weekdays so it makes it easy. Sad.. lol, but easy.

Speaking of! I start on the 28th and I'm already stressing! What's a Disney vacation without a boatload of stress? :upsidedow Despite my best efforts I have nothing set in stone outside of LL on our OBB day. I keep telling the rest of my party to let me know any "must haves" so I can rate them from most important but so far it's all been up to me. And I'm like, okay? Edelweiss chimichangas all day everyday then! lol

I did two reservations, one for Lunch one for Dinner. In case of Fantasmic, I cancel the Dinner one and go to Disney Springs.
In case the show hasn't returned, I'll have dinner there.

i can't say for certain when they dropped.
I checked before I went to bed every night and they were not available.
6am was my limit for waking up early to make reservations.
They were available at 6am EDT on my App.
Interesting. I am in PA and I tried to make my dining reservations at 6:00 am Eastern time and the app kept telling me there was an error and the website just indicated nothing was available. I was not able to make my reservations until 9:00 am Eastern time.

Interesting. I am in PA and I tried to make my dining reservations at 6:00 am Eastern time and the app kept telling me there was an error and the website just indicated nothing was available. I was not able to make my reservations until 9:00 am Eastern time.
I made all of my reservations on the DL App between 6am and 6:15 my time.
Then modified every single one to get exactly what we wanted.
Blue Bayou (early lunch)
Lamplight Lounge
Cafe Orleans
Oga's Canteena twice
Wine Country Trattoria
WOC Dessert Party
When I looked on the DL website on my MacBook. I could not make them at that time. I don't understand it???
Disneyland is so different than planning for WDW. It's aggravatingly chaos casual.
I mean, I got my reservations through sheer trial and error, and the park still hasn't released actual hours and the entertainment schedule.
It's frustrating, but we are still looking forward to our 1st trip to Disneyland!
Cheers on your plans coming together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter