***Official DLR September & October 2022 Check-in Thread***

Late addition.
September 2-5, 2022, Paradise Pier party of 3 (2 adults and DS 14)

I was able to plan everything before the DLR room charge on the Disney Visa ratted me out....She laughed and approved of my subterfuge. We last went in April and didn't have anything planned until December (VGC home).

Same days I planned this we booked the Dream for the 7-night Western Europe cruise in July 2023....
Mike

Late addition.
September 2-5, 2022, Paradise Pier party of 3 (2 adults and DS 14)

I was able to plan everything before the DLR room charge on the Disney Visa ratted me out....She laughed and approved of my subterfuge. We last went in April and didn't have anything planned until December (VGC home).

Same days I planned this we booked the Dream for the 7-night Western Europe cruise in July 2023....
Mike

I love having multiple trips planned. Makes things less sad when one vacation ends!

Super excited for our 2 DL trips coming up!
We have a short trip Sept 5-7 to celebrate the end of my MSN program. Staying at Hyatt House as I had points.

Then a longer trip Oct 15-21 for OBB, park time, and Disney tattoos :). Staying at Stanford Inn because 2 bathrooms is a must.

September 16-19 here! Celebrating our first wedding anniversary on the 18th. Our first Disneyland trip (we're WDW regulars) so I'll take any and all advice and tips! Staying at the Hilton Anaheim

Park reservations made, OBB tickets secured, hotel reservations finalized...and Delta just changed my flight for the 3rd time and wiped out our entire 1st day😭. Back to the drawing board AGAIN. I'll figure it out, I just came for pity😂.
I spent an hour on chat with Delta today. They didn't want to refund my tickets, they only wanted to give me credit. After I explained the terms of Delta's Contract of Carriage to 3 different representatives, I finally got my money back. (If they delay your flight by more than 2 hours, they have to give you a refund even if it's a non-refundable ticket). Booked new tickets with American, the 4th time is the charm, I hope. We're departing a day earlier now, and flying out of a different airport. I wanted to arrive on the morning of our first park day, but with the current airline situation, we just didn't have the flexibility to do that. Now our travel days are travel only, so hopefully, things will finally work out!!

Hi, My daughter and I are planning to be in Anaheim September 3-5. September 4 would be our park day. I booked a Hungry Bear Fantasmic Dining Package for that night. I am excited that it will officially be Halloween Time! Not sure where we will stay. We stay offsite and try to get a room for under $150/night!

I need to rearrange my park reservations to match our OBB day. I wanted October 13th for OBB, but missed out on those by a matter of minutes 😒 so I got the 16th instead.

So the reservations I currently have are;

October 12th Disneyland
13th nothing
14th DCA
15th Disneyland
16th DCA

I could just move everything up a day, but it got me to thinking, the 13th is my birthday so I think I want to be in a park on that day, but I'm tossing up between changing the 15th to a "rest" day and going all day to DCA on the 16th...

Is that a silly idea? Like a waste of money? We'd probably have a mid day break back at the hotel to give us the energy to stay late at OBB, but I'm just after other people's opinions on whether we'd be better off having a whole morning "break" 🤷🏼‍♀️ or a whole day "break" (I call it a "break" because we would probably be shopping or something offsite, not actually resting).

Also, does anyone know off hand how much it costs to upgrade a 4 day ticket to a hopper? We've never gone without hoppers before and I thought this time, with the time restrictions, it might be a good way to save money, but now I'm second guessing myself 😅

We're back! Oct. 2-8, with a Fantasmic!/BB package the #1 priority -- 5-day Park-hoppers, got park reservations made according to pre-pandemic scheduling, now just trying to figure out when the early access days are and when is the first possible second I can get that Fantasmic package. Yaaaaaaay!

My life has been crazy busy lately!! I’ll be back online later to update the lists with all the new travelers we have!

Curious where you saw hours for late September? Right now the calendar only goes through August 25. I’ve been stalking it for my D23 trip to see what the hours are!
When you go to Park Hours click on the whole month and they will show the change in hours, and when you use the Disneyland App and if you have reserved your dates it will tell you the amount of time you are booked in for under the Disney Genie setting.

When you go to Park Hours click on the whole month and they will show the change in hours, and when you use the Disneyland App and if you have reserved your dates it will tell you the amount of time you are booked in for under the Disney Genie setting.
The 9-9 is a place holder. They update them as the dates get closer.

I need to rearrange my park reservations to match our OBB day. I wanted October 13th for OBB, but missed out on those by a matter of minutes 😒 so I got the 16th instead.

So the reservations I currently have are;

October 12th Disneyland
13th nothing
14th DCA
15th Disneyland
16th DCA

I could just move everything up a day, but it got me to thinking, the 13th is my birthday so I think I want to be in a park on that day, but I'm tossing up between changing the 15th to a "rest" day and going all day to DCA on the 16th...

Is that a silly idea? Like a waste of money? We'd probably have a mid day break back at the hotel to give us the energy to stay late at OBB, but I'm just after other people's opinions on whether we'd be better off having a whole morning "break" 🤷🏼‍♀️ or a whole day "break" (I call it a "break" because we would probably be shopping or something offsite, not actually resting).

Also, does anyone know off hand how much it costs to upgrade a 4 day ticket to a hopper? We've never gone without hoppers before and I thought this time, with the time restrictions, it might be a good way to save money, but now I'm second guessing myself 😅

I'll tell you what we are doing. We have a rest day planned but because you don't need a park ticket for OBB we're making the rest day most of our OBB day, then heading to DCA for the party. That actually means we get to use one of our tickets for a day we hadn't even planned on, so our 5 day tickets + OBB actually gives us 6 park days.

For your trip you could just change your 15th to a DCA day but not go until OBB. And then use that extra park ticket for the 13th. You'll be in the parks both days.

Ok, I'm pretty sure I've caught up on posting all our new travelers!! I'm still surprised by so many people going in September. Guess I'm glad our fall break is in October!

Super excited for our 2 DL trips coming up!
We have a short trip Sept 5-7 to celebrate the end of my MSN program. Staying at Hyatt House as I had points.

Then a longer trip Oct 15-21 for OBB, park time, and Disney tattoos :). Staying at Stanford Inn because 2 bathrooms is a must.
How fun to have two trips!! You'll be there they same time in Oct as me!

Ok, I'm pretty sure I've caught up on posting all our new travelers!! I'm still surprised by so many people going in September. Guess I'm glad our fall break is in October!

How fun to have two trips!! You'll be there they same time in Oct as me!
That’s awesome! I love October at DL! Busy but when is it not lol.

I've been making dining reservations this week for our September 12th trip.
It's gone perfectly!
I'm in Ohio, so Eastern Daylight Time.
Each day I was up at 6am and logged onto the Disneyland App.
The 1st day I selected Blue Bayou and took the closest time to the time I wanted. 2:45 I believe.
After I completed that reservation, I then went to Modify Reservation in the App and additional times show as available. I was then able to pick the exact time I wanted.
11:30am
It worked every time for fine tuning all of my reservations!
I easily reserved
Blue Bayou (early lunch for the Fantasmic Package option)
Oga's Canteena
Lamplight Lounge dinner (We booked at 3pm on an Oogie Boogie night that we are not attending. We'll have an early meal as the special event folks are arriving, then hop to DL.
I just book a World of Color Dessert Party for a Wednesday.
Added a Cafe Orleans reservation as well.
modifying every time after the initial reservation to get the exact time we wanted.

I hope everyone else is getting the ressies they desire!
Cheers!
Tony

Last edited:
I've been making dining reservations this week for our September 12th trip.
It's gone perfectly!
I'm in Ohio, so Eastern Daylight Time.
Each day I was up at 6am and logged onto the Disneyland App. The 1st day I selected Blue Bayou and took the closest time to the time I wanted. 2:45 i believe.
After I completed that reservation, I then went to Modify Reservation in the App and additional times show as available. I was then able to pick the exact time I wanted.
11:30
It worked every time for fine tuning all of my reservations!
I easily reserved
Blue Bayou (early lunch for the Fantasmic Package option)
Oga's Canteena
Lamplight Lounge dinner (We booked at 3pm on an Oogie Boogie night that we are not attending. Well have an early meal as the special event folks are arriving, then hop to DL.
I just book a World of Color Dessert Party for a Wednesday.

I hope everyone else is getting the ressies they desire!
Cheers!
Tony

Reservations dropped at 6 am Eastern time? Not 6 am Pacific?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter