***Official DLR November 2021 Check-in Thread***

Will be there for a mother-daughter trip from 11/5 - 11/7 and staying at VGC. This time, I am going as my daughter's guest since she recently started working for LucasFilm. Unfortunately, park reservations were extremely difficult for Disney employees and we could only get one day out of the three booked, so she will need to pay for 2-day hoppers to secure reseravtions for the remaining 2 days. We decide this trip we will try ethnic restaurants in the area for dinner and only have lunch in the parks--I still need my fix of Bengal BBQ and Dole Whip, my favorite lunch/dessert combo!

We will be there Nov 9-12 for a mommy-daughter trip. Staying at the GCH and got all the dining reservations we wanted: Carthay Circle (upstairs), Lamplight Lounge, Blue Bayou, Napa Rose (dinner and the princess breakfast), Oga’s Cantina, Carnation Cafe, Plaza Inn (Minnie breakfast)… we can’t wait!

I am a former Disney Store CM in Canada and will be coming Nov 8-15.. I'm solo until my husband joins my on the 11th. First solo trip and first trip without kids. I **hopefully** will also have 3 other friends going with their families who are also former CM but we shall see since the US is changing rules for flying in and you can't have mixed vaccines which all of them have!!! I'm be there regardless though :)
We're also coming from Canada (just outside Vancouver) and all the adults are mixed AZ/mRNA 😬😬 so our planning has come to a halt at the moment (well to be honest all we still need to buy are park tickets) as no official announcement has come down re:mixed vaccines. Sigh.

We have decided with one month to go to stick with our plans to come out to California/DLR. My kids will now have to quarantine from school for a week (while all the surrounding towns to ours doesn't have the same rule), but we will figure out a way to manage that. So................we need to finalize our itinerary and the last remaining item is our Los Angeles day. I want to do something totally touristy as this will be the kids first and likely last (or for a very long time) trip to the SoCal area b/c our family who we are coming out to visit is moving up to the Sacramento area in December.

I know nothing so if anyone has ideas, would love to hear it!

Also - does Oga's not get released? Is it only walk-up? Or do they just pop up and immediately get snagged?

I can't believe we are getting closer to going... 38 long long days!!! When I first started planning this trip I honestly didn't think we would be going. We already have tickets from our last few cancelled trips so I was able to pick dates and book our park days. I made a hotel reservation which I knew I could cancel at anytime. I finally booked flights and had them get changed by WJ not long after but we decided to keep the flight change and add one more day onto our trip.

Now that we are going, unless something changes beyond our control, I am starting to get nervous about testing before and after and lack of dining reservations. I think I might start packing up little things and throwing them in a bin to take with us. It is only hubby and myself going so we honestly don't need to bring much.

How is everyone else doing doing with their plans?

I can't believe we are getting closer to going... 38 long long days!!! When I first started planning this trip I honestly didn't think we would be going. We already have tickets from our last few cancelled trips so I was able to pick dates and book our park days. I made a hotel reservation which I knew I could cancel at anytime. I finally booked flights and had them get changed by WJ not long after but we decided to keep the flight change and add one more day onto our trip.

Now that we are going, unless something changes beyond our control, I am starting to get nervous about testing before and after and lack of dining reservations. I think I might start packing up little things and throwing them in a bin to take with us. It is only hubby and myself going so we honestly don't need to bring much.

We are one month from today! We got all of the dining ressies we wanted... Cafe Orleans, Oga's, Carthay Circle Lounge, Lamplight Lounge and GCH Craftsman Grill. We used Mouse dining but actually Disney updated available reservations on the morning of our 60 days out and I was able to snag a few. A few were obtained just by checking every morning as soon as I get up 6Am Mtn. Got lucky, I think. I'm starting to think about what I'm packing, borrowed 6 sets of ears from my dd24 who has a small collection. Also thinking about our touring plans and how we are going to get everything in that we want to do. Wonder if Genie+ will be out in the next month or not??? I love this part of the planning... a month out getting all excited and thinking of our day in the park.

We arrive in 37 days! It’s been 3 years since our last visit. I’ve got all our dining reservations made. We’re doing more dining in DTD. This will be our first time eating in any of the DTD restaurants even though we’ve been to Disneyland many times. It will be interesting to see if Genie has started by that time. I really don’t mind standing in line so I’m okay either way. Looking forward to seeing people dressed for Dapper Day!

I'm starting to think about what I'm packing, borrowed 6 sets of ears from my dd24 who has a small collection. Also thinking about our touring plans and how we are going to get everything in that we want to do. Wonder if Genie+ will be out in the next month or not??? I love this part of the planning... a month out getting all excited and thinking of our day in the park.
I have started on some loose park plans today. I was so used to using max pass that now I am back to figuring out how to tour the park with no fast passes. I also need to really remind myself this trip is not about doing it all. I want to be able to enjoy the trip without worrying about missing something. Normally it is go go go and we are exhausted. I want to be able to do it at a slower pace, try to avoid eating at busy times so we are not jammed in with others etc. I have missed being in the parks so bad....

We arrive in 37 days! It’s been 3 years since our last visit. I’ve got all our dining reservations made. We’re doing more dining in DTD. This will be our first time eating in any of the DTD restaurants even though we’ve been to Disneyland many times. It will be interesting to see if Genie has started by that time. I really don’t mind standing in line so I’m okay either way. Looking forward to seeing people dressed for Dapper Day!

I can't wait to see people dressed up either. It will make for a great day! I wish they would release a date for Genie to start, I am not good at waiting for information to come out. :rotfl:

We got all of the dining ressies we wanted... Cafe Orleans, Oga's, Carthay Circle Lounge, Lamplight Lounge and GCH Craftsman Grill.
Craftsman Grill is walk-up, no reservations. Did you mean Craftsman Bar or Storytellers Cafe?

I can't believe we are getting closer to going... 38 long long days!!! When I first started planning this trip I honestly didn't think we would be going. We already have tickets from our last few cancelled trips so I was able to pick dates and book our park days. I made a hotel reservation which I knew I could cancel at anytime.

We just got our Carnation and Trader Sam's reservations today so with those plus Lamplighter we're all set. I don't have park reservations yet bc we're upgrading from hoppers this weekend after a blockout day, which makes me nervous since the main /public bucket doesn't have DL as a starting park on Monday the 21 available so I'm basically betting on the fact that the hotel reservation will be able to get me that park reservation.
So I'm jelly you have your park reservations early!
Its fun to have the plans but I miss the Disneyland that you could throw a last minute trip together and eat where you wanted and not worry that you won't be able to get into the park if you don't reserve early enough.

We just got our Carnation and Trader Sam's reservations today so with those plus Lamplighter we're all set. I don't have park reservations yet bc we're upgrading from hoppers this weekend after a blockout day, which makes me nervous since the main /public bucket doesn't have DL as a starting park on Monday the 21 available so I'm basically betting on the fact that the hotel reservation will be able to get me that park reservation.
So I'm jelly you have your park reservations early!
Its fun to have the plans but I miss the Disneyland that you could throw a last minute trip together and eat where you wanted and not worry that you won't be able to get into the park if you don't reserve early enough.
I miss those days too when planning was more for fun... not for making the trip work.. lol ... I got the rest of my reservations that we wanted last night but really need to look at what we want to do. Before you could change your reservation if you couldn't make it to a later time. Now there is no chance of that happening.

I can't believe I do not know this, but are there parades/fireworks again? We go on 11/4 only - do I need a strategy for nighttime events?

I can't believe I do not know this, but are there parades/fireworks again? We go on 11/4 only - do I need a strategy for nighttime events?
They are doing FW again but no official word on Nov 4th since it's between Halloween and Christmas ... I know in the past they have done that short little one during this period but I just don't hold my breath for anything that used to be normal. And the parades start again on the 12th (technically the 11th for the Merriest party).

Anyone else starting to "Freak Out" a little bit over the reports of how crowded the parks are these days?? I am hoping the crowds will be lower once the Halloween rush is over. But, we will be in the parks over the long Veteran's Day weekend. Eeekkkkk....
Just over a month to go! :)

Dawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter