***Official DLR November 2021 Check-in Thread***

We will be there the 6th through the 13th (fly home the 14th) Oh dear lord. Why did they pick the 13th and 14th fro Dapper Day Stuff? The official opening of Christmas is Nov 12th. Eeeeek It is funny, may last day at WDW was Dapper day this year in April too. Wow.

And I think things will not be as strict on timing on Genie+ (if it comes out in Nov) in DLR cos MaxPass never made you wait 90 mins or your scan in for your current one (whichever is first) so I doubt they would make us wait 2 hrs like they are stating.
Do you think Dapper day will make DTD way busier on the Saturday? We arrive mid day and will spend some time in DTD after we get checked in etc.

I'm kind of torn on Genie+. On the one hand I think I want to use it (we loved Maxpass) but on the other hand, this trip is already turning out to be a budget buster since we need Covid tests both ways (we are from Canada) and they are not cheap. Also there during the start of Christmas and dapper days....oh boy, it's gonna be busy!

I'm kind of torn on Genie+. On the one hand I think I want to use it (we loved Maxpass) but on the other hand, this trip is already turning out to be a budget buster since we need Covid tests both ways (we are from Canada) and they are not cheap. Also there during the start of Christmas and dapper days....oh boy, it's gonna be busy!
I feel the same, this trip is going to cost me a small fortune. What are your plans for tests on the way home? I have been tossing around the idea of trying the CVS/Walgreens route and getting a rental car but I don't think I will be able to relax waiting for the test results to come in. Paying $200 each is insane but spending the last couple days of our trip worrying about them coming back in time will stress me out.

I am starting to think about what we would like to accomplish in the parks each day, being only myself and dh it will easy to just spend some time enjoying the parks etc. The first day we get to the parks is 14th, I expect it to be busy being a Sunday. Can't wait to see everyone dressed up for the Dapper Day!!

I have been watching some vlogs on the Genie + and it seems like it is pretty close to Max Pass. The biggest difference being only one attraction per day which sucks and maybe they will change that down the road. I would like to see it released now so some glitches can be worked out before we are there. I have never been to the parks without some sort of fast pass system so it definitely will be strange not to have that as part of our days.

Anyone started packing yet?
We leave late on November 11th (11pm), arrive SNA 9am and plan on hitting the ground running. I haven't started packing yet, but have started a list of things to "not forget". We are celebrating my son's 14th Birthday on 11/15, so I am planning on bringing a few things to decorate the room, mickey masks, I got him a Birthday Button, etc.
Hoping it isn't as crowded that weekend as it has been this month!
Less than a month to go!! :)

I feel the same, this trip is going to cost me a small fortune. What are your plans for tests on the way home? I have been tossing around the idea of trying the CVS/Walgreens route and getting a rental car but I don't think I will be able to relax waiting for the test results to come in. Paying $200 each is insane but spending the last couple days of our trip worrying about them coming back in time will stress me out.
We just booked Covid Test Courier. They come to your hotel for $149/person. Results in 24 hours.

Getting excited but still have to deal with quarantining the kids from school after we return (our town decided this and no other surrounding towns are doing the same). I work out of the house and hubby on calls all day so have to figure out who will look after the kids! So not happy about that so I want to totally enjoy this trip!

we land pretty early at sna on the 3rd. I’d really love to be able to check into the hotel, but who knows if the room will be ready. Dinner in DTD and then a good night sleep before our 1 park day! I’m guessing we will wake up on east coast time so we will be out the doors early to get started at DCA!

Do you think Dapper day will make DTD way busier on the Saturday? We arrive mid day and will spend some time in DTD after we get checked in etc.

Unsure... Usually they like to walk around and be seen in Disneyland part day Saturday and all day Sunday. And sometimes ride opening day rides (cos 1950s). Saturday will be the expo. So hopefully that will mean they will be in the event space for the most part being seen and photographed on Saturday.

October is often bonkers. It really ramps up close to Thanksgiving. It will feel crowded cos we are not used to crowds. But I think the lines will be swift. But I have been on a 10 out of 10 crowd day.... this won't be that and Oct was not either. Just remember without shows for people to sit and wait for they will be standing around so it will feel fuller in some spots than it is. 2pm is the busiest time of day on weekends FYI. It always has been. The later in the night the less people. Lots of people leave after fireworks and projections.
We arrive at SNA early the 6th. We will start packing this weekend. Both for 86 degrees and 50 degrees. Cos it gets cold fast ast night when the sun goes down. Can you tell I used to live in the city of Orange? LOL

We leave late on November 11th (11pm), arrive SNA 9am and plan on hitting the ground running. I haven't started packing yet, but have started a list of things to "not forget". We are celebrating my son's 14th Birthday on 11/15, so I am planning on bringing a few things to decorate the room, mickey masks, I got him a Birthday Button, etc.
Hoping it isn't as crowded that weekend as it has been this month!
Less than a month to go!! :)
My daughter’s 10th birthday is the same day! We fly home later that night, but we are making it special while we are at DCA that day (her choice). :) I bought her a rainbow tutu and a shirt that says “Best Birthday Ever” with Minnie ears on the shirt.

So happy they extended the hours for the 8th! That's our DCA day and it was supposed to be 8-8 but is now 8-9. Gives us a tiny bit more time.

For all of us going in and around the long weekend it is going to be crazy! I mean I knew that going in.... long weekend, start of holiday and dapper day... but all 3 of the DL hotels are booked solid. There are a couple of suites available and that is it.

I didn't think to check, but now I see our ours are extended as well for 11/4. Yay! Does it get chilly at night?

For all of us going in and around the long weekend it is going to be crazy! I mean I knew that going in.... long weekend, start of holiday and dapper day... but all 3 of the DL hotels are booked solid. There are a couple of suites available and that is it.
I know, I guess we just have to temper our expectations and go in with the mind set that it will be busy and just pack your patience lol

My daughter’s 10th birthday is the same day! We fly home later that night, but we are making it special while we are at DCA that day (her choice). :) I bought her a rainbow tutu and a shirt that says “Best Birthday Ever” with Minnie ears on the shirt.
Yay!! Happy Birthday to your Princess!

Guess since they extended hours, more Oga’s dropped. So got a late night reservation. Not sure if that will work for my family but we all enjoyed it when we went in WDW. Maybe we can stay and walk out thru a quieter park.

We arrive at SNA early the 6th. We will start packing this weekend. Both for 86 degrees and 50 degrees. Cos it gets cold fast ast night when the sun goes down. Can you tell I used to live in the city of Orange? LOL

I was wondering about temperatures in November. Thank you for this!! I'll pack for very warm days and cooler nights.

Which Walgreens location were you looking at? I didn't see one that offers the ID Now test in the Anaheim area. Although, it's quite possible that I totally missed it. :)

Hello! We will be in the parks the 9-11. It's both happy (my daughter turns 18 2 weeks later, spouse turns 53,i turn 45 a month later) and sad (spouse had bad semi annual post cancer labs, and he's in the restest and more test phase)

We went to WDW once, 8 years ago. We are NYERS who have never been to DL, or CA for that matter. Any tips for us for the parks? If it matters, spouse is a guide dog user, and I'll be renting a scooter thing (post Covid heart crap).

GIVE ME YOUR WISDOM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!