Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning a cake for my daughter who will be turning 6. Do you think the contemporary bakery would do a shark boy and lava girl cake? I know I can contact them but if it's to far fetched I want to come up with something else.

Only a Contemporary resort pastry chef can answer that question for you, unfortunately. They probably don't have a screen print image they can use, but if you did something more interpretive (volcanoes, sharks, tropical foliage, etc.) they can probably do something for you.

Has anyone inquired about and ordered a Star Wars themed cake from the Contemporary ? Any pictures ?

Yes! Lots of us! There should be some shots in this thread. Here are some...

Chewbacca%20Cake.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Anniv%20Cake.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Mini.jpeg

@anpeck I tried calling in order to leave a message and the recording said that as of Dec 15th you can no longer order cakes for the MK restaurants.

This is not correct. Numerous people on this thread have ordered cakes for delivery to Magic Kingdom since December.

You are welcome. The recording says that you can order a mini cake at the podium of the restaurants but they cannot be personalized. They also said that you can call to check once it gets closer to your date to see if they came up with another option.

The podium cake is not a mini cake. It's a 6-inch supermarket-style cake:

6inch-1.png

That graduation mini cake is adorable! A little pricey but it looks so good. :)

Does anyone have a picture of a cake with the whipped cream frosting? I can't decide between vanilla buttercream and whipped cream frosting.

I can't stand whipped cream frosting, so I don't have a whole lotta photos. This one's covered in it.

IMG_7518.jpg

I mean, if you want the frosting to taste like air, go for whipped cream. If you want it to taste like frosting, go for buttercream. :teeth:

This is not correct. Numerous people on this thread have ordered cakes for delivery to Magic Kingdom since December.

The podium cake is not a mini cake. It's a 6-inch supermarket-style cake:

:teeth:

You can call 407-827-2253 hit 4 for MK deliveries then hit 1 to leave a message and then you will hear the message for yourself. It states beginning Dec 15, 2016 cakes will no longer be available at MK restaurants. I don't know when they started this but that is what it says. I don't know what else that could mean.

Below is the graduation cake I ordered 4 years ago for my oldest DD when she graduated high school.

Private dining at BC/YC took the order and we had it delivered to Cape May. It's basically the mini wedding cake and at that time I paid $35 plus $10 for the grad cap. I called to order the same cake for my youngest DD who just graduated high school and called the BC/YC again since we want it delivered during our Yachtsman dinner we have next month and the same cake is now costing me $65! My youngest loves red velvet cake so they told me that was an upcharge of $15 add the extra $10 charge for the cap plus sales tax and yup, it came to just under $65. Expensive? Yes. but what I do for one I must do for the other so it's a done deal. I didn't have any problems with ordering it but they did have to get back to me about the red velvet flavor which obviously, with the extra charge, was not an issue.

Here's a pic of the cake I ordered:
upload_2016-7-14_11-35-31-png.181676
thanks for the pic! I was thinking of the mad hatter crooked cake & adding a minnie grad cap to it since I didn't have any ideas - but think this one sure is cute! But dd says snow white is her favorite character - ugh!

Last edited:
Just to give an update on my experience. I just ordered a retirement cake from the Contemporary Cake Team. I had several emails going back and forth with Chef Brian, as I had sent some images which need approval (not sure yet) but he was really nice coming up with something else, if the pictures do not go through.
Yesterday I called and placed the order. There were actually two people on the phone and we went through the emails and they even came up with additional ideas and were super helpful. It was a super easy process to set up and I cannot wait to see the finished product (2 tier mini cake). I will post a photo once we are there.

Just to give an update on my experience. I just ordered a retirement cake from the Contemporary Cake Team. I had several emails going back and forth with Chef Brian, as I had sent some images which need approval (not sure yet) but he was really nice coming up with something else, if the pictures do not go through.
Yesterday I called and placed the order. There were actually two people on the phone and we went through the emails and they even came up with additional ideas and were super helpful. It was a super easy process to set up and I cannot wait to see the finished product (2 tier mini cake). I will post a photo once we are there.

Can I ask where are you having the cake delivered or are you picking it up? Is it in MK? Thanks - I am going to go directly with Chef Brian - it seems to be more direct then going through the Magic Kingdom Special Occasions department. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me if the small white chocolate castle can be used on a birthday cake (not just wedding cakes)??? I can only find wedding cake pics with it on. I don't really like the tiny castle on the mini cakes, & am planning a 6-8" custom for DD's birthday. Ordering from GF for Ohana dinner.

Can anyone tell me if the small white chocolate castle can be used on a birthday cake (not just wedding cakes)??? I can only find wedding cake pics with it on. I don't really like the tiny castle on the mini cakes, & am planning a 6-8" custom for DD's birthday. Ordering from GF for Ohana dinner.

There are no restrictions on who can buy the white chocolate castle cake topper. It costs $125.

Can I ask where are you having the cake delivered or are you picking it up? Is it in MK? Thanks - I am going to go directly with Chef Brian - it seems to be more direct then going through the Magic Kingdom Special Occasions department. Thanks.

It will be in our room at BLT when we arrive. Chef Brian is very easy to work with. He helped a lot with ideas once he told me that the images might not get approved. Good luck with ordering your cake!

I'm still not sure how you guys get all these special cakes. We have been talking to the cake hotline and they are telling us only 2D cakes. We would love the star wars chewy cake for Be our Guest but i'm not sure how to make that happen.

So I was able to order a cake for our Wishes cruise! (I was also able to order 12 beers for all of us, haha.)

I didn't do a Custom Cake but went with white cake, strawberry mousse, and for $7 more a dark chocolate ganache frosting with chocolate curls around the side! I can't wait to eat it and I still have like 65+ days. I love ganache. So. Much.

@DisneyFansInNYC can you possibly post the pics here of the cakes that you're requesting? Maybe someone can give better insight if we can se what you want.

It will be in our room at BLT when we arrive. Chef Brian is very easy to work with. He helped a lot with ideas once he told me that the images might not get approved. Good luck with ordering your cake!

Thank you - I sent Brian an email - hopefully he will reply soon.

I'm still not sure how you guys get all these special cakes. We have been talking to the cake hotline and they are telling us only 2D cakes. We would love the star wars chewy cake for Be our Guest but i'm not sure how to make that happen.

After going back and forth with the Magic Kingdom Special Occasions Department it seems that the Contemporary Bakery doesn't want to do anymore 3D cakes for the Magic Kingdom restaurants because of issues with the delivery. I asked if the items for the top could be left on the side and I put it on the cake once we get it - they said they would check with the bakery and get back to me. We are trying for Be Our Guest also. I just emailed Chef Brian directly and waiting for a result. I hope that helps.

4f760956b72b0614d7fb424a32dce19e.jpg
XApMru

@DisneyFansInNYC have you tried something a little simpler? Maybe there's just too much going on in that other cake for them to get what you're really going for. Just a thought.

That is so funny, that is the type of cake that I am now trying to get. They said that they will not put anything in the cake. I asked if they could put the fireworks on the side and I would put them in when I get it - they had to ask and they never got back to me. I really like those fireworks. Where is this cake from? Thanks so much.

That is so funny, that is the type of cake that I am now trying to get. They said that they will not put anything in the cake. I asked if they could put the fireworks on the side and I would put them in when I get it - they had to ask and they never got back to me. I really like those fireworks. Where is this cake from? Thanks so much.

I Googled disney fireworks cake and it came up on pinterest! I thought was cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter