Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part IV! (2012-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me if the small white chocolate castle can be used on a birthday cake (not just wedding cakes)??? I can only find wedding cake pics with it on. I don't really like the tiny castle on the mini cakes, & am planning a 6-8" custom for DD's birthday. Ordering from GF for Ohana dinner.

We ordered a birthday cake for my daughter's bd dinner at 1900 Park Fare in May and we had a small white chocolate castle topper. It even had a battery operated lightbulb inside (like a single Christmas light). Tots price was $68.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 287
I purchased this cake as a surprise for my mom. She had a small ceremony and we ate at BOG afterwords. It was a 6" white cake with white butter cream and the hidden mickey design all over it. I paid ~$120. I sent them a photo with the cake topper she is using for her at home reception and asked if they could do something similar. It is the Lennox Mickey and Minnie in a teacup. They told me they could do a chocolate teacup. I asked for photos and they said they had none. I wrongly assumed they meant a teacup that would look like the ones from the rides, since that's what I had asked for, but instead I got this. I also requested that "Happily Ever After" be put on the plate, and they did it on the cake instead. Not the biggest deal but it was kind of upsetting for me.

I had read SO many of the posts on this thread before committing to this. All of the great reviews had me incredibly excited to try the cake you all raved about. I was so disappointed. Our entire table agreed that the cake was dry and just overall not good.

If I had it to do over again I would, but only because it was wonderful for my mom to have a wedding cake. I would probably push a little harder on the design to make sure I was getting what I wanted. As for the taste, not much I can do about that except remind myself that I'm in Disney and I'm paying more for the experience than the quality.
12342415_10153404582973191_4749304746757228285_n.jpg

I purchased this cake as a surprise for my mom. She had a small ceremony and we ate at BOG afterwords. It was a 6" white cake with white butter cream and the hidden mickey design all over it. I paid ~$120. I sent them a photo with the cake topper she is using for her at home reception and asked if they could do something similar. It is the Lennox Mickey and Minnie in a teacup. They told me they could do a chocolate teacup. I asked for photos and they said they had none. I wrongly assumed they meant a teacup that would look like the ones from the rides, since that's what I had asked for, but instead I got this. I also requested that "Happily Ever After" be put on the plate, and they did it on the cake instead. Not the biggest deal but it was kind of upsetting for me.

I had read SO many of the posts on this thread before committing to this. All of the great reviews had me incredibly excited to try the cake you all raved about. I was so disappointed. Our entire table agreed that the cake was dry and just overall not good.

If I had it to do over again I would, but only because it was wonderful for my mom to have a wedding cake. I would probably push a little harder on the design to make sure I was getting what I wanted. As for the taste, not much I can do about that except remind myself that I'm in Disney and I'm paying more for the experience than the quality.
12342415_10153404582973191_4749304746757228285_n.jpg
I understand it's not what you pictured, and that would upset me, too, especially for the price. But it IS a beautiful cake!! I'm
sure your mother loved it!!

I'm hoping someone here can help. We are eating at le Cellier - my husband's favorite disney restaurant on his birthday. I would like to surprise him with a cake. His favorite disney character is goofy. I love the goofy dome cake at Amorette's Patisserie in Disney Springs, however they do not deliver. We will not have a vehicle. We are staying at CBR and when I called to ask if a "runner" could go pick up the cake I was told to call 24 hrs before and check availability. I need to order the dome cake 72 hours in advance and not sure I want to order it now because I am not sure there will be a "runner". What other options do I have? Can I get something besides a standard cake to be delivered for after dinner at LeCellier?

Has anyone had any luck with getting a cake delivered to your room at Saratoga Springs? From what I read, it looks like it has to be picked up from Artist's Palette. I want this to be a surprise and since it's just the 2 of us, leaving might be a little obvious. Thanks!

I just ordered my cake from Y&BC Fine Dining for our fall trip. I used them last year for a Christmas cake and was very pleased.

DH and I discovered we didn't care for fondant so this year I cut back on the decorations which also cut back on the price!

As a surprise to DH, I am having the cake delivered to our room on arrival night while we are out. I ordered a 6-inch chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. The cake will be covered in chocolate ganache.

It will be decorated with a buttercream spider web design and will say "Boo To You!". Cake cost $23 and with room delivery and tax came to just under $32.

Thank you Carrie for maintaining such a fantastic thread and for the suggestions on the peanut butter and ganache combination!! I'll post a photo upon our return home.

Has anyone ordered a cake from Disneyland Bakery? I've ordered many from DW but this will be my 1st from Disneyland. Do they do as elabrate ones as I can get from DW? Are they as easy as DW to work with?

Thank you Carrie for maintaining such a fantastic thread and for the suggestions on the peanut butter and ganache combination!! I'll post a photo upon our return home.

That's awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Has anyone ordered a cake from Disneyland Bakery? I've ordered many from DW but this will be my 1st from Disneyland. Do they do as elabrate ones as I can get from DW? Are they as easy as DW to work with?

We got a "buttercream" cake from Disneyland once. They made it seem like you can't get an elaborate fondant-covered cake, but they do them for weddings, so you may be able to get one with persistence. Just know that they use bland Chantilly buttercream, not the rich buttercream you're used to at WDW. Contact info is in post #1.

Hi everyone, I am planning to order two cakes for our dinner at CRT in November (my girls have birthdays three days apart). I am not interested in the package because we are doing BBB that day. Would you order two mini cakes or two six inch cakes? There will only be four of us but I wouldn't mind sharing our cakes with other tables or packing it to go. My oldest wants an Ariel cake while my youngest has requested a horse cake. The Ariel cake should be easy but do you have any ideas for a horse cake? Maybe a carousel theme?

Definitely mini cakes. Two 6-inch fancy fondant cakes would feed at least 20 people. I like both of @NoMoneyThanks2Disney's ideas. I feel like I've seen a Mary Poppins carousel cake here before that was adorable. And Maximus is, of course, quite awesome.

I want to order a small Tiana themed cake for my daughter's 16th birthday. Does anyone know if Amorettes Patisserie in Disney Springs can make a custom cake like that?

Has anyone done a marathon cake? I've looked, but not found anything except a few homemade cakes in my google search. One of us will be having a milestone birthday on marathon day too. I was thinking about using the medal as a theme or maybe having Minnie as a runner. Not sure, would love suggestions!

I'm finally ready to give up and ask for help! Lol.
Last year, on our first trip, we ate at 'Ohana our first night, and I ordered the Mickey cake. It was a great surprise! And the flavors were wonderful. But, we were eating leftover cake allll week. Not usually a problem, but I missed out on trying so many great snacks! There were 8 of us, but we all had the bread pudding too so hardly made a dent in the cake at dinner.
So, this year, I wanted to get something smaller, maybe an 8 inch, and have it delivered to 'Ohana again. I want it to have some kind of Poly theme, the kids just love it there so much - I was thinking tropical flowers, maybe? BUT I want it to be buttercream, not fondant - to save money and also because we don't care for fondant. I Googled, but of course most cakes there are fondant. (Saw some awesome tiki cakes too!)
So, anyone with some good tropical themed cakes? Or any other ideas?

Last year, on our first trip, we ate at 'Ohana our first night, and I ordered the Mickey cake. It was a great surprise! And the flavors were wonderful. But, we were eating leftover cake allll week. Not usually a problem, but I missed out on trying so many great snacks! There were 8 of us, but we all had the bread pudding too so hardly made a dent in the cake at dinner.
So, this year, I wanted to get something smaller, maybe an 8 inch, and have it delivered to 'Ohana again. I want it to have some kind of Poly theme, the kids just love it there so much - I was thinking tropical flowers, maybe? BUT I want it to be buttercream, not fondant - to save money and also because we don't care for fondant. I Googled, but of course most cakes there are fondant. (Saw some awesome tiki cakes too!)
I would just ask the bakery for exactly what you said here and leave it up to them. They are professionals and I'm sure it would be gorgeous!

Why not just call and tell them that and let them create something for you?

...when your twin @TinkLoverSam finds a question seconds before you and obviously types faster than you so you repeat what she said...

For my DD 21st birthday last year, her cake had Stitch along with palm trees tropical flowers and sea shells. The cake was delivered during breakfast at Ohana's. Stitch came by to see the cake
and take pictures. I had chocolate cake with buttercream icing. The cake was beautiful and very yummy. Total cost was $65.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter