***Official December 2022 Thread***

My sister and I were able to get the last week of December off from work, so my mom decided to use some DVC points to book a Christmas/New Years trip! We'll be there from December 24th-January 1st. We're doing 2 nights at Beach Club, 4 at AKL Kidani (Savanna View) and 2 nights Saratoga Springs. Not a fan of split stays, but we'll take what we can get.

The trip is going to mostly consist of pool/resort time but we're planning 1 MK day, 1 Epcot day and 1 day at Universal. I know it'll be insanely busy, but I'm looking forward to seeing the parks and resorts at Christmas time :D
Went last year mid-Dec and it was 85 degrees! :)

Going back this year same time. Wife likes it hot!

Went last year mid-Dec and it was 85 degrees! :)

Going back this year same time. Wife likes it hot!
I find that it varies a lot. One year my family went during Christmas and it was so chilly we bought hoodies and a blanket from the Emporium. In late Feb it was in the 90s the entire time. I'm fine with it being hotter - I'll be in Stormalong Bay and in the other resort pools regardless LOL

So question. We've been to WDW several times over the years. This trip is just myself and my 19yo DD. Her best friend will be down there working the college program so we'll see her when we can.

We've never been at the holidays, so we are just taking it all in, the decor, the atmosphere, the resort decorations, etc. And we are going with the flow. No Genie+, no dining reservations. Only thing we've done is make park reservations (one HS day and one Epcot day) and I'm buying MVMCP tickets and a CP package when/if they come out. We are go all day people...rope drop to close.

So, my question is, is there anything at MK that's worth seeing during the day "holiday" wise? Trying to decide if we just want to spend all day at MK the day of the MVMCP that we have chosen. I know I can get into the park at 4:00 with my party ticket, but wondering if it may be worthwhile to go earlier (not necessarily rope drop), ride what we want to ride, see what we want to see and then just do "party stuff" during the party hours.

So question. We've been to WDW several times over the years. This trip is just myself and my 19yo DD. Her best friend will be down there working the college program so we'll see her when we can.

We've never been at the holidays, so we are just taking it all in, the decor, the atmosphere, the resort decorations, etc. And we are going with the flow. No Genie+, no dining reservations. Only thing we've done is make park reservations (one HS day and one Epcot day) and I'm buying MVMCP tickets and a CP package when/if they come out. We are go all day people...rope drop to close.

So, my question is, is there anything at MK that's worth seeing during the day "holiday" wise? Trying to decide if we just want to spend all day at MK the day of the MVMCP that we have chosen. I know I can get into the park at 4:00 with my party ticket, but wondering if it may be worthwhile to go earlier (not necessarily rope drop), ride what we want to ride, see what we want to see and then just do "party stuff" during the party hours.
I’m not sure this is going to still happen, but in the past party days have been lighter crowds. From what I read people without party tickets skip MK because of early closing. So it may be easier to get things done with lower crowds.

I’m not sure this is going to still happen, but in the past party days have been lighter crowds. From what I read people without party tickets skip MK because of early closing. So it may be easier to get things done with lower crowds.
That's currently our plan when we go to go on a party day, use early entry, and leave for dinner at 6.

This will be our first time going in December. Do they incorporate any of the special Christmas shows or "snow on Main St" the week of Christmas after the parties are over?

I think I saw that they use the Christmas fireworks, but I'm specifically trying to find out about the snow and any other special parades.

First December back in the magic since 2019 and it’s my BFs first time. Split stay between OKW and Kidani Village, 1-8 Dec. So looking forward to MVMCP but so disappointed there won’t be the castle lights. It’s one of my favourite things about the holiday season at Disney

We are doing Merrytime cruise December 2-5 then arriving at Pop Century Staying til the 10th. Still deciding on wether to do the Christmas party or not. I have been 2x before but with the heavy, price tag im not sure it’s worth it.

Have 2 nights at the Swan Dec 11-13. Will do the party on the 11th and buy a one day ticket for Epcot on the 12th for holiday stuff. The 13th will be resort touring before my flight home. (Will be at Universal Dec 7-11 for the OI meetup nights.) Enjoy holiday time in Orlando!

More details on the party Dec 2-4. The company has reserved rooms across 7 different hotels (complimentary spa/recreation needs to be booked after hotel gets assigned). Tickets will have ‘special access’ (no other details). We have to submit 3 different preferences of combinations of WDW and US/IOA on Dec 3/4. For flights we can request different dates if we want to extend (we are choosing not to).

Since MVMCP is on Friday Dec 2nd and Sunday Dec 4th, we probably won’t be able to attend either.

Thanks. Not sure what we are going to do. I think I’ll just keep my park reservations as they are for now and see what happens and make the decision at full payment time. I could save myself some $ and drop a park day too!

Got the tickets for MVMCP this morning! Can't wait to see the treats list for the party! The last thing to do is to wait until October to make ADRs. I am a bit stressed about making ADR's this year. It will be the first time it has been in the 60 day window and I am so hoping to get into Storybook Dining!

Got the tickets for MVMCP this morning! Can't wait to see the treats list for the party! The last thing to do is to wait until October to make ADRs. I am a bit stressed about making ADR's this year. It will be the first time it has been in the 60 day window and I am so hoping to get into Storybook Dining!
Aww just done this myself for an early December trip!! So excited to back for the Christmas events, it’s been so long. Nervous about getting treats and seats as I can only do it one day and the booking opening for the dessert parties seems to be all over.

Hope you get all your ADRs

Aww just done this myself for an early December trip!! So excited to back for the Christmas events, it’s been so long. Nervous about getting treats and seats as I can only do it one day and the booking opening for the dessert parties seems to be all over.

Hope you get all your ADRs
I have always wanted to do a dessert party, and we were looking at it for December. Are the ADR's for desert parties made differently than the restaurants? I geuss I assumed it would be the 60 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter