***Official December 2022 Thread***

We’re doing wilderness lodge December 30-Jan 6 and cannot wait!! Really hoping the holiday stuff is still up/activities available
Oh I want to stay there soooo bad! I love it there at Christmas time. The price is just to high for our budget. If a discount comes out I will grab it. We were there last December and it was decorated so beautiful and got me in the Christmas spirit.
I think they take Christmas decorations down after the new year. You will get to enjoy them for a few days.

Last edited:
Right now we're tentatively booked for Dec. 6-11 at POFQ but if discounts come out for the following week, we'll probably switch. Really want to see the Candlelight processional and the Festival of the Holidays. Also agree with the desire to stay at Wilderness Lodge. I'm thinking we might do one night there especially if discounts come out.

Hi everyone! Booked 2nd week in Dec for DH and I. Trying to get my parents to come down from Ohio and join us! My dad has never been and my mom had only been once with a work conference. We usually stay at POP but after our trip last May and waiting in the heat forever for the skyliner, decided we won't do POP anymore. We are going to stay at POFQ this time!! We only ever go in May so I'm super excited to see the Christmas decorations!

Hi everyone! Booked 2nd week in Dec for DH and I. Trying to get my parents to come down from Ohio and join us! My dad has never been and my mom had only been once with a work conference. We usually stay at POP but after our trip last May and waiting in the heat forever for the skyliner, decided we won't do POP anymore. We are going to stay at POFQ this time!! We only ever go in May so I'm super excited to see the Christmas decorations!
Christmas is my absolute favorite time to visit Disney!

Who wants to join us?

Christmas travelers:

4stroke - November 13-20 - BLT
Disneytrippin’ - November 24-December 5 - Boulder Ridge Villas
ilovetotravel - November 27 - December 4 - Pop
eilonwywanderer - December 2-11 - Grand Floridian Villas
Eve & Wall-e - December 2-6 - POFQ
KNovacovschi - December 3-10 - Poly / BLT / OKW
mickey916 - December 6-11 - POFQ
Kirsti - December 8-15 - Boardwalk / Beach Club Villas
suse66 - December 9-13 - Boulder Ridge Villas
bas71873 - December 12-17 - POFQ
maryj11 - December 13-17 - Poly
spm2323 - December 14-January 1 - SSR
justrose - December 14-18 - Pop
Kiddywhompus - December 17-24 - Poly
xlsm - December 28-January 4 - Poly
SJ Disney - December 22-30 - Fort Wilderness
nhanifan - December 23-31 - Holiday Inn Orlando Disney Springs
cjlong88 - December 25-January 2 - Yacht Club
TK001 - December 26-January 1 - ASM
Pamsoup81 - December 26-January 1 - POR
DLmama - December 30-January 7 - POFQ
MFG - December 30-January 6 - Wilderness Lodge
December 6-13- AoA
Birthday trip for my daughter and me.

Last edited:
I just realized that part of our trip is going to be in December! We're going from 11/27 to 12/2. It'll be me, my husband, two adult daughters and my 2 year old granddaughter. We're staying at All Star Movies. We got park passes for MK (3 days), AK and Epcot, and plan to hop to HS on an MK party day when the park will be closing early. We will mostly be catering to the little one. We usually go during busy times (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter) so we're used to crowds, but I'm hoping that the week after Thanksgiving won't be too crowded. We went for a day earlier this year on a Wednesday in the 2nd week of March, and although the crowd calendars weren't predicting big crowds, MK was packed, so I guess you never know.

December 2-11 CSR- Gran Destino Tower

This was supposed to be my solo trip but my daughter who is stationed overseas is tentatively approved for leave to join me.

We have not been to Disney in Christmas in years. We have gone during the summers the last few years. I can’t wait to see all the decorations again.

We are going December 3 - 10 for our grandson’s first trip! He turned 2 in April. It was originally going to just be him and his parents but last night they invited us to go also! I’m over the moon! We took his Daddy and Mama for their first trips also. We are staying at All Star Movies for the first time.

I was looking at booking at pop for either Nov 26-Dec 3 OR Dec 3-Dec 10. I have been watching making sure reservations were available for a few months now. Suddenly a few weeks ago all reservations for dec3-dec 10 disappeared, even for less days. So I quickly got the other dates I was looking at. My question is, does anybody know why these dates would just disappear for what seems like a usually slower week? I find it hard to believe that just that week got all booked up. Other dates before and after are still available...

I was looking at booking at pop for either Nov 26-Dec 3 OR Dec 3-Dec 10. I have been watching making sure reservations were available for a few months now. Suddenly a few weeks ago all reservations for dec3-dec 10 disappeared, even for less days. So I quickly got the other dates I was looking at. My question is, does anybody know why these dates would just disappear for what seems like a usually slower week? I find it hard to believe that just that week got all booked up. Other dates before and after are still available...

Swan/Dolphin is booked up for the week after Thanksgiving, and has been for months. Some other Disney resorts are showing slim or no inventory as well. Not sure what’s up, but that’s my week and I’m bracing for big crowds this Christmas 😬.

eta: I’ve been going one of those two weeks for years now, and it gets busier every year, but I’ve never seen resort availability so slim this far out.

Last edited:
There is a big company event Dec 2-4 (WDW+Universal) that we will be attending (approx 2500 employees+family+1 caretaker.) Some people will extend trips but it’s all inclusive with tickets, flight, food and hotel included for those days.

I would avoid that weekend if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter